The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   08 Mustang GT Auto hesitaion (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/08-mustang-gt-auto-hesitaion-544686/)

Souldog79 10/8/17 08:18 AM

08 Mustang GT Auto hesitaion

Hello I am having a long term issue with my 08 Mustang GT Auto that has been going on for a couple years. I have been trying to figure it out myself and even had it at the dealer but said they couldn't figure it out either. The issue I'm having is with my car having a very bad lag or hesitation during normal take off. It is so bad that the car barely moves until pedal pressed almost to floor. I'm also hearing a different gurgling type sound from exhaust while doing this as well. The crazy part is that sometimes she runs like a charm. I also noticed while driving one day that it seemed to get worse when I going around a curve. I recently saw some threads with similar issues and it was stated that it was the fuel pump. I need help please!!
THINGS REPLACED SO FAR:
1. FUEL FILTER
2. GAS PEDAL ASSEMBLY
3. COILS AND PLUGS
​4. THROTTLE BODY WITH NEW TPS
5. MAF SENSOR
6. TOP 2 O2 SENSORS
7. CHECKED VACUUM LEAKS
I've had tune redone a few times to no help!!!

SilverSkoundrel 10/8/17 08:21 AM

has it shot any check engine codes during any of this?

Souldog79 10/8/17 08:33 AM

Yes I've had a couple of lean codes but they haven't returned in some time now.

Souldog79 10/8/17 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel (Post 7020952)
has it shot any check engine codes during any of this?

Yes I've had a couple of lean codes but they haven't returned in some time now.

Souldog79 10/8/17 09:21 AM

2008 Mustang Gt Hesitation and Gurgling Exhaust

Hello, I am having a long-term issue with my 08 Mustang GT Auto that has been going on for a couple of years. I have been trying to figure it out myself and even had it at the dealer but said they couldn't figure it out either. The issue I'm having is with my car having a terrible lag or hesitation during normal take off. It is so bad that the car barely moves until pedal pressed almost to the floor. I also hear a different gurgling type sound from the exhaust while doing this as well. The crazy part is that sometimes she runs like a charm. I also noticed while driving one day that it seemed to get worse when I am going around a curve. I recently saw some threads with similar issues, and it was stated that it was the fuel pump. I need help, please!!
THINGS REPLACED SO FAR:
1. FUEL FILTER
2. GAS PEDAL ASSEMBLY
3. COILS AND PLUGS
4. THROTTLE BODY WITH NEW TPS
5. MAF SENSOR
6. TOP 2 O2 SENSORS
7. CHECKED VACUUM LEAKS
I've had tune redone a few times to no help!!!

SilverSkoundrel 10/8/17 09:24 AM

that is quite odd. I haven't ever really come across these cars having fuel pump issues but im a newb so that doesn't say much. how many miles are on the car?

Souldog79 10/8/17 10:34 AM

57,000 miles

SilverSkoundrel 10/8/17 02:21 PM

even more odd with low miles

Glenn 10/9/17 06:21 AM

clean the throttle body?

SilverSkoundrel 10/9/17 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 7020982)
clean the throttle body?

he said he replaced the throttle body altogether

Souldog79 10/10/17 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel (Post 7020984)

Yeah throttle body replaced. It feels like something is pulling back on my car when I try to accelerate. Doesn't do it all the time. Here's a link to guy with exact same issue and was diagnosed as fuel pump.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-gt-tech/325122-does-sound-like-bad-fuel-pump.html#/topics/325122?page=1

Glenn 10/10/17 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel (Post 7020984)

oh..

SilverSkoundrel 10/10/17 10:02 AM

fuel pumps are expensive eh?

wanted33 10/10/17 12:31 PM

Mercy, that's a good one my friend. You've done everything I would have with no success. I'm going to give you a SWAG, and ask could it be a catalytic converter clogged, or possibly one of the mufflers break up inside. I say this because I had a cat clog on an old Police car, and the dang thing struggled to get moving enough to get it to the garage. Good luck.

Souldog79 10/10/17 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by wanted33 (Post 7021035)
Mercy, that's a good one my friend. You've done everything I would have with no success. I'm going to give you a SWAG, and ask could it be a catalytic converter clogged, or possibly one of the mufflers break up inside. I say this because I had a cat clog on an old Police car, and the dang thing struggled to get moving enough to get it to the garage. Good luck.

​​​​​​
No Cats on car off-road exhaust.

wanted33 10/10/17 01:12 PM

I wish I could help you further my friend, but I'm at a loss.

Wolf Mxbee 12/30/17 02:50 AM

Could possibly be a fuel pressure sensor and EGR valve because I’m having that exact problem and had engine light come up but used seafoam and the code for the EGR valve disappeared but I can tell it’s still there just masked, I’m going to replace when it arrives sometime this week and will let you know

Lime GT 12/31/17 11:57 AM

I would probably concentrate more on the transmission being the issue. Go to the "Sonnax" website and look for conditions that might describe how your vehicle acts. Here's one that might support your problem. https://www.sonnax.com/parts/2198-pu...trol-valve-kit Do some research first then go to a transmission shop and question them on what you've found to be plausible before letting them tell you you need a new transmission. A specific kit repair should be cheaper than a rebuilt transmission.