2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

06 gt rant

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/08, 05:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by theedge67
Mustangs are purposely built non-high tech, they have always been low tech, and should always stay low tech. That's the appeal of the car to me. Low tech, good performance, and good value for the performance. Give me a hot engine, a nice radio, and a great looking car, and that is what sells cars my friends.

I don't want automatic headlights, automatic climate control, back scratcher, foot massager... If I want my headlights on, I can flip a switch myself thank you. If I am cold, I can turn a dial myself.

My mom has a Pacifica with all the goodies on it. It is nice, I will say that. Problem is, when I drive it, I spend more time playing with the "automatic" climate controls, heated seats, and steering wheel mounted cd/dvd/foot massager controls, than I do actually paying attention to where I am going. I get in my Mustang and I just drive it.
Over the years of owning Mustangs I have found myself having to say more than once to a passenger "THIS IS NOT A LUXURY VEHICLE".
Old 1/4/08, 08:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by theedge67
Mustangs are purposely built non-high tech, they have always been low tech, and should always stay low tech. That's the appeal of the car to me. Low tech, good performance, and good value for the performance. Give me a hot engine, a nice radio, and a great looking car, and that is what sells cars my friends.

I don't want automatic headlights, automatic climate control, back scratcher, foot massager... If I want my headlights on, I can flip a switch myself thank you. If I am cold, I can turn a dial myself.

My mom has a Pacifica with all the goodies on it. It is nice, I will say that. Problem is, when I drive it, I spend more time playing with the "automatic" climate controls, heated seats, and steering wheel mounted cd/dvd/foot massager controls, than I do actually paying attention to where I am going. I get in my Mustang and I just drive it.
I wouldn't have the Mustang any other way...except with heated/cooled seats . And being that i'm driving a lincoln as a business rental right now, I agree. I spend more time figuring out how to use **** thing than I do paying attention to where its going. Why not make the car more enjoyable to drive instead of just more enjoyable to sit in? At least BMW gets luxury cars...
Old 1/5/08, 05:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Well 14 months and 20600 some odd miles and no problems here.. I do wish there was an interior light in the middle part of the ceiling to provide lighting to the back seat at night.. Sigh.. you know; I'm cool with my ride man. I'm having too much fun with this car... Man, go buy you a d**** German or Japanese make and wait until you get a repair bill for those rides. You'll really complain then. Glad my car was built on Tuesday. No Monday hangovers and no drag a** Fridays..
Old 1/5/08, 08:58 AM
Cobra Member

Another point to make is what options do these cars really have that mustangs have? It has a kicking stereo, navigation, hid's, ambient lighting, color changing gauges, satellite Ipod hook up????? Seriously what else is there to put in except a computer with 7 screens to go through to change the ac 3 degrees.

Roger
Old 1/9/08, 04:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
Took it in the other day. Had the tsb done for the ebrake also had the throttle posistion sensor replaced. It was the reason my check engine light was coming on.

Man I missed my car alot. I had a brand new 08 300 6 poper as a free loaner. Nice car nice ride just no power. It needed the hemi