2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

'05 GT

Search this Thread

Old 9/4/04, 03:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Shea+September 4, 2004, 4:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shea @ September 4, 2004, 4:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-slp@September 4, 2004, 3:02 PM
I do not know if it is a factor in their decision making, but many options use electricity, which can further reduce the fuel economy.
Actually, a request for more amps would not cause fuel economy to go down.

It always takes the same amount of power to turn an alternator, except perhaps for certain designs, and then only when they are full-fielded.

An alternator always puts out the same amount of current (amps), but there is a voltage regulator, which is essentially a variable resistor, and that is what limits the amount of amps getting out to the rest of the car.

Generally the current does not change very much though. Let's say your alternator is putting out 120 amps at 14 volts. That is plenty to power all the accessories in a vehicle, MyColor or no.

However, if you turn on your A/C you will notice that in many vehicles the idle speed bumps up. This is due to the fact that the added load of the A/C compressor could cause the engine to stall if the idle speed stayed the same as when the A/C was off. This will definitely caused fuel ecomony to suffer.

Pure electrical devices will not do so. [/b][/quote]
As long as you dont exceed the amp output of the alternator it makes no difference. Older cars could get drainage, even spark output from too much electronics added to the alternator(aftermarmket). AC is on or off, the mileage does not change. My gf thinks the higher settings of fan speed take more mileage, its just the fan, she no listen though. oh well, its no sweat off my back.
Old 9/4/04, 05:30 PM
slp
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by kevinb120+September 4, 2004, 5:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ September 4, 2004, 5:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Shea@September 4, 2004, 4:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-slp
@September 4, 2004, 3:02 PM
I do not know if it is a factor in their decision making, but many options use electricity, which can further reduce the fuel economy.

Actually, a request for more amps would not cause fuel economy to go down.

It always takes the same amount of power to turn an alternator, except perhaps for certain designs, and then only when they are full-fielded.

An alternator always puts out the same amount of current (amps), but there is a voltage regulator, which is essentially a variable resistor, and that is what limits the amount of amps getting out to the rest of the car.

Generally the current does not change very much though. Let's say your alternator is putting out 120 amps at 14 volts. That is plenty to power all the accessories in a vehicle, MyColor or no.

However, if you turn on your A/C you will notice that in many vehicles the idle speed bumps up. This is due to the fact that the added load of the A/C compressor could cause the engine to stall if the idle speed stayed the same as when the A/C was off. This will definitely caused fuel ecomony to suffer.

Pure electrical devices will not do so.
As long as you dont exceed the amp output of the alternator it makes no difference. Older cars could get drainage, even spark output from too much electronics added to the alternator(aftermarmket). AC is on or off, the mileage does not change. My gf thinks the higher settings of fan speed take more mileage, its just the fan, she no listen though. oh well, its no sweat off my back. [/b][/quote]
Exactly. More electrical drain would, at some point, require an alternater that generates more current. The heavier-duty alternator would both add weight and tax the engine more, thus lowering the economy.
Old 9/4/04, 05:36 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Wombert@September 4, 2004, 2:59 PM

Ever listened to the radio while using such a cheapo pocket pc crap? You won't understand any instructions it gives to you over it's small internal speaker. A built-in or factory nav will tune down the volume while telling you to leave at the next exit or whatever. It works when you are in tunnels or don't have GPS uplink for whichever reason (happens sometimes when you're in a city with a lot of buildings limiting "visibility" to the satellites, like it's the case here in Munich), etc etc.
The arkon mount has an amplified speaker which plugs into the ppc which gets LOUD and it does't need to turn down your stereo which I always found annoying when I had a factory nav.
I've never lost satalite signal on the road with the belkin gps unit...even without an external antenna. It's a dual mode unit...st and xt.
Old 9/4/04, 06:25 PM
slp
V6 Member

Originally posted by Robert+September 4, 2004, 5:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robert @ September 4, 2004, 5:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-slp@September 4, 2004, 3:02 PM
But, I do not see why Ford would need to provide all of the little gimmicks people keep demanding.

However, as I talked with a coworker this week about my new car and mentioned the ability to change the color of the instrument lighting, he said that feature alone might lead him to buy a Mustang. I never would have thought it.

You just shot down your whole argument by INCLUDING the above two points!

If you're a manufacturer and arrogantly refuse to offer the features that "people keep demanding," then you will start seeing a drop in sales and you will begin losing money in relation to your competition - which is precisely what has been happening to Ford.

This is why the Japanese are kicking our butts. They provide superior quality, reliability and features, for good dollar value. And they offer the options that people increasingly demand!

It's a simple formula, really, and those who don't get it, or keep trying to rationalize against it, truly ARE Luddites.

One major American manufacturer almost went under already, late last century, and ultimately, only survived through a merger. [/b][/quote]
If Ford is doing so poorly with the Mustang, then why does it not have much (if any) competition?

Just because I do not see why some trinkets might or might not sell a car, does not mean that Ford does not. I am sure they know what mix of features is needed in the Mustang. And, I for one am glad they have not forgotten those like me who prefer substance over glitz. Everything has a trade-off, its just nice they are putting their effort underneath where it really matters.

The alleged superiority of Japanese cars is a subject for another thread. I will just say that I do not see why people fawn over them so much. It is really amazing how brainwashed the populace has become.
Old 9/4/04, 06:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by BlackRiderX+September 4, 2004, 1:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BlackRiderX @ September 4, 2004, 1:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TampaBear67@September 4, 2004, 12:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-BlackRiderX
@September 4, 2004, 2:48 AM
Speaking of gizmos, it makes me wonder how much cash was spent developing and configuring the multi-color gauges .....

FORD Spent NO MONEY to Develop The MyColor Guages, They were Created by the Vendor that Suplies the Guages. I believe the Company name is Visteon. They just offered it to Ford as an Exclusive New Feature to add to the New Mustang, from what I have read.
Well thats good, Visteon is an aftermarket company according to their website. this option makes sense because Ford probably realized that a lot of car owners have been customizing with color gauges and why not offer it as a selling point for the new car.[/b][/quote]
Correction: MyColor is a provided by Delphi, which is a separate GM division started in 1994. Visteon was started in 1997 by Ford, and was set up to handle component parts. I have heard rumours that employees float between Visteon and Ford. They have a long history together.

Delphi - Mustang Customized Lighting Press Release
Old 9/4/04, 06:52 PM
Cobra Member

"This is why the Japanese are kicking our butts. They provide superior quality, reliability and features, for good dollar value. And they offer the options that people increasingly demand!"

Wow. Yes, they have better reliability than American cars it seems. The new mustang should improve that. For you to say that they offer the features for a good dollar value and the options that people demand over a mustang is ridiculous! What stacks up against the mustang? You can't answer that. What car has the looks that a Mustang has while having a V8 that is cheaper?

Get a BMW.
Old 9/4/04, 07:57 PM
Bullitt Member

which exterior colors are available with the red leather interior??? I know torch red and black are two of the available colors! yellow, both blues, legend are not! Are there more? Silver? white? mineral gray? Thanks!
Old 9/4/04, 09:24 PM
Cobra Member

Silver and white are I believe.
Old 9/4/04, 09:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by sajawebb@September 5, 2004, 4:00 AM
which exterior colors are available with the red leather interior??? I know torch red and black are two of the available colors! yellow, both blues, legend are not! Are there more? Silver? white? mineral gray? Thanks!
All except Screaming Yellow, Sonic Blue, Legend Lime and Windveil Blue, so we have Torch Red, Redfire, Black, Performance White, Mineral Grey and Satin Silver available with red interior.
Old 9/5/04, 01:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Kluski+September 3, 2004, 2:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kluski @ September 3, 2004, 2:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Shea@September 3, 2004, 12:34 PM
I'm fat, ugly, and stupid,
That reminds me of my Step-Dad (RIP). When he was alive he was a bigger guy. One day he looked at me and held his big belly and said:

"You know what? I am just Fat, Dumb, and Happy."

We all laughed. My mom and me still laugh about that one. I still think of him alot - he was a good man. [/b][/quote]
Sorry about your loss, man

Sounds like a life well lived to me. I cannot help but wonder how many keystrokes he might have dedicated to the questionable merits of DVD navigation

Good grief. What have we become?
Old 9/5/04, 03:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

129 posts and my original questions STILL haven't been answered! :bang:

Thanks for hijacking this thread, folks.
Old 9/5/04, 05:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Robert@September 5, 2004, 3:21 AM
129 posts and my original questions STILL haven't been answered! :bang:

Thanks for hijacking this read, folks.
Robert, there is still hope that someone out there knows the answers to your original question. In the meantime, I bet you could find some of the answers in the owners manual.

Link to 2005 Mustang Owners Manual
Old 9/5/04, 07:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Robert@August 31, 2004, 5:00 AM
Ok, here's what I assume we know re the new Mustang GT's available comfort and convenience features...

1. Power windows, locks, mirrors, driver's seat
2. A/C
3. 6 disc in-dash stereo, with blah, blah, blah...
4. Cruise
5. Tilt
6. One-touch up-down windows (driver and passenger)
7. Windows "snick" up an inch when closing door to form seal
8. Remote keyless entry
9. Remote window down
10. Leather
11. Alarm with intrusion sensor
12. Retained power feature for aux functions
13. Most switches illuminated for night time viewing
14. Color adjustable LED gauges

...now, anyone know FOR SURE the answers to the following esoteric questions:

I assume there are no heated seats?

Are the side mirrors heated?

When activating the alarm upon leaving the car, does it "chirp" or "honk" the horn?

Do the overhead map lights come on automatically when you open the door, or can you switch them on and off yourself? Is there another center dome light in the car?

Does the power seat adjustment include an adjustable lumbar bladder or side bolster control?

Robert here you go
No heated seats
No heated side mirrors
The alarm chirps
Don't know about the Map lights k
No center dome light
Not sure on the seats but I doubt the side bolsters control but probable has the bladder Lumbar adjusment
Old 9/5/04, 07:45 AM
Bullitt Member

When I was in Springfield, IL yesterday the map lights came on, but there might be a way to shut that off in the manual.
Now we are
Old 9/5/04, 01:23 PM
GT Member

This is somewhat on the topic, but does anyone have any pictures of what the interior looks like with the IUP and without? Someone may have posted this before but i couldn't find it on the search. Thanks.
Old 9/5/04, 01:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by wantan05@September 5, 2004, 1:26 PM
This is somewhat on the topic, but does anyone have any pictures of what the interior looks like with the IUP and without? Someone may have posted this before but i couldn't find it on the search. Thanks.
Without IUP

With IUP

There are lots of other pictures, check out the 2005+ section of the sites Timeline. Enjoy ! B)
Old 9/5/04, 02:35 PM
GT Member

Thank you very much for clearing that up for me!
Old 9/5/04, 03:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Badandy@September 4, 2004, 7:55 PM

Wow. Yes, they have better reliability than American cars it seems. The new mustang should improve that. For you to say that they offer the features for a good dollar value and the options that people demand over a mustang is ridiculous! What stacks up against the mustang? You can't answer that. What car has the looks that a Mustang has while having a V8 that is cheaper?

seems, but not exactly true. I havent seen a Japaneese car that needs less work then any other brand in a long time. The gap is so small now its almost nonexistant.
Old 9/5/04, 03:46 PM
GT Member

6-way pwr driver w/2 way adjustable head restaint, drivers-side pwr lumbar
Old 9/5/04, 04:03 PM
GT Member

Electronic Brochure

2005 Ford Mustang 2dr Cpe GT Premium

Technical Specifications
Displacement 4.6 L
Horsepower 300.0 hp
Torque 320.0 ft lb
Fuel System null
Drive Train Rear Wheel Drive
Front Suspension Semi-Independent Trailing
Rear Suspension Semi-Independent Trailing
Brakes 4 Disc Brakes
Driver Air Bag Yes
Passenger Air Bag Yes
Dimensions
Wheelbase 107.1 inches
Length 187.6 inches
Width 74.0 inches
Height 54.5 inches
Weight 3425 lbs
Seat Capacity 4 seats
Passenger Volume 96.0 cu ft
Standard Features
EXTERIOR
Fog lamps in grille
Variable intermittent windshield wipers
Dual pwr exterior mirrors
Rear spoiler
Color-keyed rocker panel moldings
Complex reflector halogen headlamps w/integrated park/turn signals
INTERIOR
Air conditioning
Center dome lamp
Pwr door locks
Center console-inc: armrest, storage bin
Front door map pockets
(2) pwr points
(2) cupholders
Rear 50/50 split fold-down seat
Speed control
Shaker 500 audio system-inc: AM/FM stereo w/6-disc in-dash CD changer, MP3 player, (6) speakers
Chrome accent (4) gauge instrument cluster
Pwr windows w/driver-side express down
Front color-keyed floor mats w/driver retention hook
Rear window defroster
Illuminated entry
Remote keyless entry
Leather-wrapped tilt steering wheel w/speed controls
"Stampeding Horse" logo cloth front sport bucket seats-inc: 6-way pwr driver w/2-way adjustable head restraint, driver-side pwr lumbar, 2-way manual passenger
MECHANICAL
4-wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS)
Stainless steel dual exhaust system
5-speed manual transmission
Pwr rack & pinion steering
Engine block heater *STD on retail vehicles only in AK, MN, ND, SD, MT, WI & WY. Optional on fleet vehicles*
Mini spare tire/wheel
Rear wheel drive
17" premium painted aluminum wheels
Pwr 4-wheel disc brakes
Traction control
16 gallon fuel tank
3-link rear suspension-inc: coil springs, anti-roll bar
P235/55ZR17 all-season performance BSW tires
Independent MacPherson strut front suspension-inc: coil springs, anti-roll bar
4.6L OHC 24-valve V8 engine
SAFETY
Side intrusion door beams
3-point active restraint safety belts
Traction control
Driver & front passenger Second Generation airbags
LATCH (Lower Anchors & Tethers for CHildren) system on rear outboard seats
4-wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS)

Available Options
SPOILER DELETE

PREMIUM SERIES ORDER CODE

ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM -inc: perimeter inclination & intrusion alarms

WHEEL LOCKING KITS

INTERIOR UPGRADE PKG -inc: bright polished (6) gauge instrument cluster, leather-wrapped steering wheel/shift ****, satin register vents, satin aluminum finish steering wheel spokes/instrument panel/door latches/door scuff plate, message center, Dark Charcoal Aberdeen pattern on front door panel inserts *Affects Color Availability*

Light Graphite

CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS *Required on units for CA, ME, MA, NY or VT registration. Optional for Cross-Border States*

CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS NOT REQUIRED *For units shipped or sold to California Emissions States dealers for registration out of state* (REQ: Standard Emissions)

FRONT SEAT SIDE-MOUNTED AIR BAGS (REQ: 18G Interior Upgrade Pkg)

5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION (STD)

5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

"STAMPEDING HORSE" LOGO CLOTH FRONT SPORT BUCKET SEATS (STD)

17" BRIGHT CAST ALUMINUM WHEELS

INTERIOR COLOR ACCENT PKG -inc: Dark Charcoal carpet & interior, red leather front & rear seating surfaces/front door trim inserts/floor mats (REQ: 18G Interior Upgrade Pkg) *Affects Color Availability*

SHAKER 1000 AUDIO SYSTEM -inc: AM/FM stereo w/6-disc in-dash CD changer, MP3 player, (9) Audiophile speakers

CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS STATES PUBLIC SERVICE/ EMERGENCY VEHICLE EXEMPTION *Only available on units sold to authorized government units & privately-owned ambulance companies* (REQ: 423 Emissions)

NON-CALIFORNIA/NON-CROSS BORDER STATES DEALER ORDER FOR CALIFORNIA STATES REGISTRATION *Required on all units ordered by dealers for California Emissions States registration when the vehicle is being delivered to non-California/non-Cross-Border States location. (REQ: 422 Emissions)

4.6L OHC 24-VALVE V8 ENGINE (STD)

PRICED DORA

Torch Red

Screaming Yellow

STANDARD EMISSIONS

Redfire Metallic

Medium Parchment

Performance White

ABERDEEN EMBOSSED LEATHER FRONT SPORT BUCKET SEATS

ABERDEEN EMBOSSED RED LEATHER FRONT SPORT BUCKET SEATS (REQ: 68R Interior Color Accent Pkg)

Legend Lime Metallic

Windveil Blue Metallic

SOLID PAINT (STD)

Dk Charcoal/Red

Sonic Blue Metallic

Mineral Grey Metallic

Satin Silver Metallic

Black

Dark Charcoal