2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

'05 GT

Search this Thread

Old 8/31/04, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The whole window moving thing is cool. Basically they create a better seal around the window so when you're driving fast the low preasure created around the car doesn't stink the window out creating a gap for wind. The new corvettes have this feature as well.

filter wont let me type stink, I mean s u c k
Old 8/31/04, 12:20 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

I've driven frameless sports cars and wind noise can definately be a problem especially after the window drops a bit &/or the plastic trim/seal starts to get old.

At face value, I like the sound of this feature.

When I drove a 350z it had it. Was pretty cool. You could hear it go up and come down as you either pulled the handle to open the door or just after you shut the door.
Old 8/31/04, 12:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Jeez...some of you are so backward it's painfull. I bet you'd take manual windows and doors just to save $20 off the MSRP.

It's not a useless gimmick...it allows the door to close without changing the pressure in the cabin, so on a hot or cold day, you will get a better seal. Im sure Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc put it in there because they need "gimmicks" to sell cars... wow.

People who are going to complain about the added price for a few nice convenience features really should cancel thier orders. This car wasn't designed for you. It was designed for people like me, who always wanted a mustang but have always leaned towards the imports for comfort and refinement. Finally bringing the mustang out of the 70's is a good thing.
Old 8/31/04, 12:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kn7671+August 31, 2004, 7:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kn7671 @ August 31, 2004, 7:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Wombert@August 31, 2004, 9:13 AM
Same goes for the bluetooth interface I keep mentioning time and again - the radio has the switch for a phone, and bluetooth needs no wiring at all (just for the handsfree speaker and microphone, of course)
Please, you can't have your cake and eat it too all the time. Go buy a Taurus and leave the Mustang to people looking for something stylish and sporty to drive, not something to plug their gadgets into.
:scratch:[/b]

Thanks for telling me what to chose and what not. I wonder how you know what I'm looking for. And just FYI, there's a Mondeo (= Taurus) in the Garage. Without bluetooth.

<!--QuoteBegin-SVTJayC
@August 31, 2004, 7:30 PM
well, bluetooth connection is pretty useless[/quote]
It's useless for you, so it's useless for everyone? It's not useless. You enter your car, you don't have to plug your phone into any cord or whatever. It just stays in your pocket and the handsfree set takes over control. The reason why I would like to see it is because it's not allowed to use your mobile phone when driving here, unless you have a handsfree set. Thanks a lot for your ignorance.
Old 8/31/04, 01:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts
Ah, I remember my 1969 Mustang. Grandé Coupe, 302, auto.

No A/C. No power windows. AM/8-track. No console (someone wanted a cheap Grandé). About 10 MPG (well that was my fault too! ).

Plenty of power. A certain feeling in your gut and and smile on your face every time you got in the drivers seat. Every now and then, walking around it when you got out at your destination, just to enjoy different angles of the car. The sound when you twist the ignition key. Knowing you are driving a piece of American automotive history that turned the car business in a new direction for 40 years.

That's what Mustangs are about. I don't care if the windows do a dance. The stereo is nice, sure, and I won't mind the A/C on hot, humid Tidewater days one bit.

But what I want - again - is the feeling i get when we get in that '05 convertible Mustang, my wife (or any other passenger) stares at me and says, "You've got that look in your eyes again. . ."

:drive:
Old 8/31/04, 01:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

The law is the same here...thanks for YOUR ignorance.
Old 8/31/04, 01:08 PM
V6 Member

A friend of mine just got a mazda 6...and let me tell you, during a cold northeastern winter those heated seats are worth every peny they add to the bottom line. Another feature that many new models have and I'm surprised the mustang doesn't is auto climate. I mean...even my $140 window air conditioner from walmart has auto climate!

At least the mustang has a feature none of those other cars have....soul...
Oh yeah, and 320 ft/pds of torque. =)
Old 8/31/04, 01:09 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by M1Rifle+August 31, 2004, 9:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (M1Rifle @ August 31, 2004, 9:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-holderca1@August 31, 2004, 6:52 AM
Why isn't there even an option for heated seats? I mean the F-150 has that option. Does anyone know the reliability of aftermarket heated seats?
The F-150 has a 4WD option. Do you want that too? Towing package? Bed Liner?

Just kidding. My point is that just because another car has it doesn't mean it's something they should add.

My 1966 Mustang 2+2 was purchased with exactly 2 options:
  • 289 2bbl V8
  • Visibility Group (day/night rear view and manual remote left mirror, if I recall correctly)
The Mustang has ~never~ been about pimping out with all the options. The Cougar was...

Carrying more options increases the complexity of the ordering and build process. It would possibly add more $$$ to all cars, not just those who want the options. The more you offer, the more the assembly line needs to stock in parts, the more training for the installers.

You might expect to see upgrade options on later special editions.

This is NOT a 350Z. It's a pony car, meant to be clean and a little mean. It's not a sports car either, as others have tried to make it. It's not a muscle car, even though it's basically as fast (stock) as an off-the-lot muscle car from the 60's (before mods). It's about cheap performance.

A "Luxury Mustang" isn't. [/b][/quote]
Well my basic argument was that the F-150, a truck, has more luxury items then a Mustang. Its just me, but once you have heated seats with leather, its hard to go back. My Pontiac Grand Prix has them and I don't consider it to be a luxury car. It also has a HUD, which is very cool as its going to be hard to adjusting to not having one. I am surprised more sports cars don't have them, I mean going fast, who has time to look down at your instrument cluster?
Old 8/31/04, 01:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by conv_stang@August 31, 2004, 7:08 PM
man, we sure are finding simple stuff to argue about..............why not does anyone know why they dont give us a remote hood opening button on our keyfob??? that way we can just hit the button and the hood pops open to show off the engine???? that sounds as good to me as heated mirrors.
Old 8/31/04, 01:17 PM
GT Member

Hmmm...hostile thread.

I like that there's some evolution in the Mustang's content, but agree there's a point where added weight and complexity don't justify new gadgets. If were that luxury-inclined, I'd get a G35.

That said, there's still one feature I can't believe Ford has missed. In fact, they already have it on one of their euro models: bird-sensing, self-activating, automatic hood openers. See below:

http://kaklub.co.uk/downloads/eviltw...al%20Bird.mpeg
Old 8/31/04, 01:19 PM
Cobra Member

Old 8/31/04, 01:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by holderca1@August 31, 2004, 11:12 AM
Well my basic argument was that the F-150, a truck, has more luxury items then a Mustang. Its just me, but once you have heated seats with leather, its hard to go back. My Pontiac Grand Prix has them and I don't consider it to be a luxury car. It also has a HUD, which is very cool as its going to be hard to adjusting to not having one. I am surprised more sports cars don't have them, I mean going fast, who has time to look down at your instrument cluster?
Yes, the F-150 does have more luxury items than a Mustang. IF you "buy-up" beyond the entry level truck.

What model F-150 do you have? Because I just went online to build out an F-150 with heated seats, and I couldn't find it on the 2WD or 4WD standard cab, regular bed models at all (XL, XLT, etc.).

My guess is that the heated seats on a 2005 F-150 come on a $35,000 truck.

Woah, comparing a $35K truck with a sub-20 (V6) or $25K Mustang. Naturally it is going to have more options available.

Contrary to popular belief, Ford isn't out to make every vehicle perfect for everyone. In fact, most car manufacturers are biased against people like me (6'7") in order to provide cars that are better for 95% of the people.

Likewise, Ford decides not to spend more $$$ (and reduce their shareholder profit) on glitzing up the Mustang when they will sell very well without the glitz.

Note to self: Remind people how popular the 60's Mustangs were compared to their optioned out Cougar cousins.

Note to self: Keep reminding people.
Old 8/31/04, 01:31 PM

It's available on the Lariat edition. But, just take a step back and look at the options this Mustang version has vs what it doesn't. I will take heated seats over being able to change the color of my instrument cluster anyday, the heated seats to me has a lot more functionality and I use them all the time.

Edit: I added heated seats onto my Grand Prix two years ago and my car only cost $22k
Old 8/31/04, 02:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

I like this one better http://www.goyk.com/flash.asp?path=683 ... that's british humor :P
Old 8/31/04, 02:02 PM

Originally posted by kn7671@August 31, 2004, 6:16 AM
I think you might be too familiar with Japanese and German cars to be truly interested in a Mustang.

You can't compare a Ford Mustang to the likes of cars that will be sold in Germany, England, Japan, Russia, etc... those are colder climates and cars are built with features that make them suitable to the environment. If you can think Mazda, Ford, GM anything, Dodge, then you will have cars that have comparable features to the new Mustang. The only exception is the One button up/down window switches, but these have been on some German made cars for over 8+ years, so Ford is just regaining lost time.
I know you're from Texas, so maybe you don't realize how incredibly cold and snowy Detroit is in the winter? The only reason the Mustang will get away without having some of these features on upper-end models is the horsepower and pricing.

If Ford doesn't want to do things better than the Germans, English, Japanese, etc... well, I guess that would explain why American-made cars have sunk to near the bottom of the food chain.
Old 8/31/04, 02:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by SVTJayC@August 31, 2004, 12:36 PM
Jeez...some of you are so backward it's painfull. I bet you'd take manual windows and doors just to save $20 off the MSRP.

It's not a useless gimmick...it allows the door to close without changing the pressure in the cabin, so on a hot or cold day, you will get a better seal. Im sure Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc put it in there because they need "gimmicks" to sell cars... wow.

People who are going to complain about the added price for a few nice convenience features really should cancel thier orders. This car wasn't designed for you. It was designed for people like me, who always wanted a mustang but have always leaned towards the imports for comfort and refinement. Finally bringing the mustang out of the 70's is a good thing.
I was not complaining about the price. If I did not like the price, I would not have ordered it. Heck, we really don't know what the price is yet anyway.

My point is I don't understand the excitement for the window dance. With the few cars I have had that did not have metal on top, I have never had a problem with the window sealing properly.

If Ford can steal people away from imports by adding a few gizmos to say it is comfortable, that does not say much for the the imports. It says to me that people think the imports are only worth the gizmos.
Old 8/31/04, 02:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Well ford obviously listed to some of its people that live in bad weather areas since it did put 4wd tires and wheels on the car. Personally I can care less about heated seats or mirrors since I live in Ga and dont mind taking the extra 15 minutes of waking up early to start my car. I guess if you want those options your looking at the wrong car though. I dont see the mustang being a luxury car and thats what your comparing it to.
Old 8/31/04, 02:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess alot of you are too Young to remember the 70's? Well take it from me, I used to drive a 73 Mustang Mach1 with a 351 Cleaveland it it. Like All Mustangs from the 60's it had Frameless Glass Like the 05 has, and Obviously, it didn't have this "Trick Window Sealing Feature" that the 05 Has. All they had were little tabs at the top edge of the Glass to try and hold the Glass against the Rubber Seal on the Roof.

If you have Driven a Classic Mustang or any older Car with Frameless Glass at Highway Speeds, or in the Rain, you would understand and appreciate the Window Sealing Feature on the 05. The amount of Wind Whistle and Dripping Water in the Rain, from the Low Pressure along the Side Windows Pulling the Glass away from their seals at Highway Speeds can get pretty annoying!

And if you have ever washed a Classic Mustang, you will be able to Appreciate this feature as well, since you won't have to Dry your Door Panels and Carpet every time you wash your Car.

Instead of Complaining about all of the little things that Ford has added to Make It a Viable Alternative to an Import, or the things they didn't add (Heated Seats and Mirrors and , DVD Navigation), to the 05 Mustang, we should be Happy that the 05 Mustang can really compete with the Imports from Europe and Asia. The 05 Mustang, for all of you that haven't sat in one, is Light Years Ahead of the Current Mustang.

On a Side Note, does anyone know if there is an aftermarket manufacturer that makes an Automatic Headlight System? This is the one feature I will Miss the Most from most of my previous Cars. The Manual A/C I'll get used to, as I'll most likely just leave it on High/Max AC all the time. (It's Hot as Hades here in Tampa Florida most of the year.) But I'd like to have the Auto Lamp Feature installed, Heck, even lowly Grand Am's have Auto Lamp as Standard Equipment.
Old 8/31/04, 03:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Paris MkVI@August 31, 2004, 1:04 PM
Ah, I remember my 1969 Mustang. Grandé Coupe, 302, auto.

No A/C. No power windows. AM/8-track. No console (someone wanted a cheap Grandé). About 10 MPG (well that was my fault too! ).

Plenty of power. A certain feeling in your gut and and smile on your face every time you got in the drivers seat. Every now and then, walking around it when you got out at your destination, just to enjoy different angles of the car. The sound when you twist the ignition key. Knowing you are driving a piece of American automotive history that turned the car business in a new direction for 40 years.

That's what Mustangs are about. I don't care if the windows do a dance. The stereo is nice, sure, and I won't mind the A/C on hot, humid Tidewater days one bit.

But what I want - again - is the feeling i get when we get in that '05 convertible Mustang, my wife (or any other passenger) stares at me and says, "You've got that look in your eyes again. . ."

:drive:
I agree with you on what Mustangs are about .. capture that "feeling" and you have something good. I certainly am banking that the 2005 provides that feeling. I also would add that the single most important design feature of the 2005 (to me) is the increased room. As much as I REALLY enjoyed driving the 2004 GT/Mach1, I just could not buy one because I was so cramped in it.
Old 8/31/04, 03:25 PM

Okay, all you people that keep saying that heated seats is something for luxury cars are either not aware of the current state of the automotive industry or need to buy a new calender. Ford offers heated seats of their Focus, last time I checked, the Focus is hardly a luxury car and it sells for much less. In fact, I haven't checked this but I feel confident in saying that nearly all cars that have leather seats can get heated seats as an option. This is not something unique to 350Z's and BMW's. Just because some of you live in the southern US does not mean that this is a useless option, they sell Mustang's in the northern states and Canada too. And as for gimmicky options, I believe the My Color thing is the biggest gimmick I have ever seen offered on a car.