The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   1994-2004 V-8 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f636/)
-   -   Sure Drain Fast Access Oil Draining System (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f636/sure-drain-fast-access-oil-draining-system-389207/)

maddhatteroo7 8/18/04 11:11 AM

hey guys...im going to do my oil change in a while...on a probe gt....but i also wanna use this for my mustang when i get it agian.... has anyone used this before? Sure DrainĀ®; Fast Access Oil Draining System it seems very awesome, would make things alot easier for us that jack the car up and then the oil splatters everywhere and then dropping the drain plug in the pan w\the oil lol, just turn the knob and it drains itself...i really wanna get it for my next oil change commin up, but i need to hear some testimonials
ty B)

mr-mstng 8/18/04 11:21 AM

Is the hose always on it?

I make more of a mess with the filter than I do with the plug.

Scothew 8/18/04 11:34 AM

Originally posted by mr-mstng@August 18, 2004, 11:24 AM

:werd:

Kluski 8/18/04 12:04 PM

Originally posted by mr-mstng@August 18, 2004, 11:24 AM

Especially when the filter is mounted with the open side facing down. :bang:

maddhatteroo7 8/18/04 12:10 PM

Originally posted by Kluski@August 18, 2004, 12:07 PM

Especially when the filter is mounted with the open side facing down. :bang:
[/quote]
same here lol.....and no the hose isnt always attatched, just throw it on when u need to drail.....my filter is hiney backwards, its facing down, so i gotta drain the oil 100% 1st b4 i do the filter lol

ItsNotABulliT 8/19/04 02:25 PM

With coupons in the Pennysaver for oil changes for 12 bux, I aint gettin under the car.

Kluski 8/19/04 02:57 PM

Originally posted by ItsNotABulliT@August 19, 2004, 2:28 PM
With coupons in the Pennysaver for oil changes for 12 bux, I aint gettin under the car.
I don't trust going to some other place. I went to a dealer to get my oil changed once and when I left the drain plug fell out and all the oil gushed all over the road. I got it back to the dealer and yelled at them. The kid said; "Opps, I must have not tightened the plug." Heres a coupon for a free oil change.

WTF. Why would I go back to have that done again.

HotRodLincoln 8/19/04 10:06 PM

might not be the easiest but cheapest way to change oil is a Snap-On FH936A comfort grip ratchet with a socket set and get under there and do it yourself...oh yeah, and I work in a garage, I forget some small stuff sometimes, like replacing the next oil change sticker in the window, but forgetting to tighten the drain plug is just plain stupid. Seriously though, you'll save a lot of money and time if you buy a drain pan and some simple hand tools and do it yourself, but let the car sit for a while, hot oil is not fun and the dumb people who come into the garage don't seem to understand that!!!