1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

Long tube & long tube x- pipe question?

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/05, 09:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recently bought long pipes and the long pipe x pipe for my 95 cobra ( mac product)
Didn't get in mail yet but i didn't see any place to hook up the o2 sensors. Is there a fix to the problem??
Old 3/30/05, 10:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey how are you doin?

As far as the o2 sensor question, there should definitely be small openings on the long tube headers as well as the new x-pipe. They simply screw in... I have never heard of one not having the openings for them. Just a side note... you should of got a prochamber or an h-pipe for the flows... X-pipes sound a lot better with straight-through mufflers versus chambered...
Old 4/1/05, 08:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 2005muzzy@March 30, 2005, 10:27 PM
Recently bought long pipes and the long pipe x pipe for my 95 cobra ( mac product)
Didn't get in mail yet but i didn't see any place to hook up the o2 sensors. Is there a fix to the problem??
What's up dude!!!!
well it's spring and decided to put the cobra back on the street. I never got the 05 . People are waiting 4 months to get their order, so I have decided to save for the summer and get the 06. this way I can keep both. There are alot of upgrades that i plan on getting for the cobra. As far as the longtubes, i talked to my mechanic(best friend) . he told me to get the mac long tubes and the off road mac long tube X-pipe. All I have to do is fabricate bungs for the sensor. ( easily done, he has a welder at the shop). I can't wait for these puppies to be installed.This car is going to gain some ponies plus sound scary.My friend has long tubes on his mustang and the entire car shakes from the rumble at idle. Very cool. It's gonna take some work though. The drivers side engine mounts have to be removed to pirch the engine up a bit tp squeeze the tubes in place. I also have to diconect the steering rod for the same reason.
As far as other mods i'm making to the car.
new springs ( lowering it 1.5 inches)
new front end components.( feeling a little sluggish)
new paint
stiffen up the chassy( have not decided what parts yet.
mac cold air kit
pulleys
replace the stage 2 chip with a better one
Increase fuel pressure(mac suggested this)I have questions)
My gole is to get this car as new as possible. Later I will look into new whells. as far as hp. I wont be happy until I squeeze at least 350 hp out of her. I hope to get those numbers by mid summer if mods go ahead schedule as planned
Old 4/4/05, 10:01 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Also, when you install the o2 sensors in teh LT's, make sure to put some anti-seize compound on the threads so later down the road they wont be rusted in or anything.