The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   1994-2004 V-6 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f635/)
-   -   2000 mustang v6 want more horsepower what to start with (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f635/2000-mustang-v6-want-more-horsepower-what-start-540822/)

eaglebuc1020 3/23/16 08:17 AM

2000 mustang v6 want more horsepower what to start with

Just bought a 2000 v6 mustang I want more horsepower. I want them all but have to do it a little bit at a time. I'm stuck on what brands and where to start. Somethings I was think of are cold air intake, dual exhaust x-pipe, throttle body, sway bar, strut tower, etc. One of my problems are what brands for each part for example cold air intake my first thought was k&n but the k&n intake is black an the filter doesn't go into the wheel well where the bbk intake is chrome and the filter goes into the wheel well. Am I losing to much performance for looks if I go with the bbk intake? With the exhaust I thought flowmaster but after read somethings online it says x-pipes gives you more performance and flowmaster from what I found doesn't have a x-pipe. Could I get a x-pipe from another brand and put flowmaster cats and tips on it? I need help any suggestions will help thanks

MadcapMagician 4/10/16 04:57 PM

For more horsepower, might I suggest a GT?🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

2011 Kona Blue 4/11/16 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by eaglebuc1020 (Post 6973463)
Just bought a 2000 v6 mustang I want more horsepower. I want them all but have to do it a little bit at a time. I'm stuck on what brands and where to start. Somethings I was think of are cold air intake, dual exhaust x-pipe, throttle body, sway bar, strut tower, etc. One of my problems are what brands for each part for example cold air intake my first thought was k&n but the k&n intake is black an the filter doesn't go into the wheel well where the bbk intake is chrome and the filter goes into the wheel well. Am I losing to much performance for looks if I go with the bbk intake? With the exhaust I thought flowmaster but after read somethings online it says x-pipes gives you more performance and flowmaster from what I found doesn't have a x-pipe. Could I get a x-pipe from another brand and put flowmaster cats and tips on it? I need help any suggestions will help thanks

Don't waste your money on performance mods of a 2000 V6. Drive the car and enjoy it for what it is. I'm guessing you got this because your very young and what you could afford. No shame in that.

There is no performance in that car and its okay. Drive and enjoy! The car has 193 HP from the factory. I'm guessing you have maybe 150 rwhp. Forget about it and enjoy. Spend money on apperence mods to make the car more eye pleasing.

karman 4/11/16 03:16 PM

this may not help but...

I would save for a V8 car myself.
Any things you mention won't give you enough HP to matter.

I have a friend with a similar car with a V6 he wants to keep a V6.
He has a full engine to swap all ready to go in (a more powerful V6).
His car already has body upgrades and he has a different tranny ready to go in.
I assume you don't want to spend that kind of money.

Larrymhouser 4/11/16 06:58 PM

I disagree with u all I've seen more then a few v6 mustangs with engine mods pushing all of 450 hp. It's just a matter of what u like. I will say though bolt ons aren't going to give u alot of power, ur better off building engine internally first then upping fuel flow injectors then bolt ons

preston 6/4/16 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Larrymhouser (Post 6976835)
I disagree with u all I've seen more then a few v6 mustangs with engine mods pushing all of 450 hp. It's just a matter of what u like. I will say though bolt ons aren't going to give u alot of power, ur better off building engine internally first then upping fuel flow injectors then bolt ons

Its funny that u gt guys say v6 are no good for power because mine make 380 to the crank

Gg13 2/21/18 12:02 AM

Can anyone tell me what that tab next to the shifter is for on the right side of a automatic 06 mustang

Poco 7/6/18 08:44 PM

You might consider a rear end gear change.

Poco 7/8/18 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Gg13 (Post 7025702)
Can anyone tell me what that tab next to the shifter is for on the right side of a automatic 06 mustang

Check your owners manual.