The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Fox Mustangs (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f634/)
-   -   My '88 Fox build thread (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f634/my-88-fox-build-thread-518067/)

Batmobilebrock57 1/27/13 01:49 PM

My '88 Fox build thread

2 Attachment(s)
My 88 fox build thread.

Decided to go with 1 pc. Headlights cause in my opinion they look a lot better
Mid way

Attachment 129235

now she's looking better

Attachment 129236

In the end it only took about an hour and a half and $120 off amazon.com

skunk21 1/27/13 05:57 PM

not feeling them but I'm a stock headlight guy. If you like them that is all that matters, nice job.

houtex 1/27/13 07:01 PM

That look SINISTER. Very nice.

Gotta say that on a white or other color car, not sure it'd be as good lookin' though. The dark color really lends itself to that setup.

I like it! :nice:

SilverSkoundrel 1/27/13 07:37 PM

:nice: I like the one piece lights as well

Batmobilebrock57 1/27/13 08:30 PM

Right right. I hear ya skunk. Thanks guys. I almost went with silver/chrome backing but i knew the black would be better. And im not a big smoked guy

hi5.0 1/27/13 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by skunk21 (Post 6540347)
not feeling them but I'm a stock headlight guy. If you like them that is all that matters, nice job.

+1 on preferring stock headlights. I've seen these on other cars - it's the gap between the hood and the top of the lights plus being able to see the thickness of the clear plastic "ring" all around the lens (except for the smoke tinted ones) makes them look "squinty" and throw off the look IMO.
In any case, out of curiosity, can you adjust the aim of the headlights?

Batmobilebrock57 1/28/13 03:24 AM

yeah i understand where you're coming from, but my old ones werent very bright and for about $50 cheaper i found these ones rather than stock. Yeah there's an adjustment knob on the back.

Batmobilebrock57 2/4/13 05:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Im just turning this into my build thread.
Got this trick flow intake manifold and plenum pretty cheap with gaskets. Now i just need a 75 mm throttle body and some extra time to do the swap. Shouldn't be too long before that happens. I will keep you guys updated.

Attachment 129877

Thanks for looking

skunk21 2/4/13 07:17 AM

nice find. I would maybe do a 70mm TB and 75mm maf upgrade. also some nice heads used or new and 24lb injectors with a 255lph pump. this would make a nice street combo. If you are just doing the intake swap for now the 19lb inj. are fine still go with the 70mm TB but get a 70mm maf from a 94-95 mustang, it is plug and play and flow much better than the stock. you can get maf swap info in our tech thread.

Batmobilebrock57 2/4/13 09:58 AM

Ok sounds good i just saw a 70mm tb on craigslist. What is maf? And thanks for getting my title changed. Much appreciated

Batmobilebrock57 2/4/13 10:02 AM

Mass air flow... lol had to think about that for a minute

Batmobilebrock57 2/4/13 08:00 PM

I read all the tech about the maf. Thanks a lot Chris. Ill get ordering a 70 mm maf and 70 mm tb and 70 mm maf adapter because im sticking with my 19 lb injectors for now. maybe if i go to a bigger maf and tb ill get the 24 lb injectors

skunk21 2/5/13 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Batmobilebrock57 (Post 6546593)
I read all the tech about the maf. Thanks a lot Chris. Ill get ordering a 70 mm maf and 70 mm tb and 70 mm maf adapter because im sticking with my 19 lb injectors for now. maybe if i go to a bigger maf and tb ill get the 24 lb injectors

you only will need to get 24lbers when you get heads/cam and increase your hp. the 19s have a threshold, what you are doing is fine bit once aluminum heads and a cam go in then you need to switch. if all you do for now is an intake your fine, even a cam swap with stock heads your fine..this is how much heads are worth on these motors..biggest gain after the intake.

Batmobilebrock57 2/5/13 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by skunk21 (Post 6546795)

you only will need to get 24lbers when you get heads/cam and increase your hp. the 19s have a threshold, what you are doing is fine bit once aluminum heads and a cam go in then you need to switch. if all you do for now is an intake your fine, even a cam swap with stock heads your fine..this is how much heads are worth on these motors..biggest gain after the intake.

Ohhh. I got ya. Then im in good shape then. Eventually ill go with different heads and a cam but for now just the intake, tb, and maf

skunk21 2/5/13 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Batmobilebrock57 (Post 6546812)
Ohhh. I got ya. Then im in good shape then. Eventually ill go with different heads and a cam but for now just the intake, tb, and maf

yeah your good with the 19s. everyone starts some where my friend. the intake, tb and maf will give a little bump in power and some better throttle responce. a bump in timing will be good with those mods also ( timing info also in tech ).

Batmobilebrock57 2/5/13 05:57 PM

Thanks and yeah i read all of that as well. Go two degrees advanced at a time and test for pinging. Right around 14* is a good rule of thumb.
But my question to the tech article on timing is if the timing on my motor comes stock 10 degrees advanced already?

skunk21 2/6/13 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Batmobilebrock57 (Post 6547174)
Thanks and yeah i read all of that as well. Go two degrees advanced at a time and test for pinging. Right around 14* is a good rule of thumb.
But my question to the tech article on timing is if the timing on my motor comes stock 10 degrees advanced already?

It is in the 1st sentence. stock timing is 10*btdc. btc is advanced atc is retarted.

Batmobilebrock57 2/6/13 06:18 AM

I see. Thank you sir. Also in the timing article the first step is to locate the spout connector but it doesn't say to remove/disconnect but then it says before test run turn off engine tighten down dizzy bolt and reinstall spout.
I am assuming the first step is to locate and remove spout connector.
Sorry for so many questions, i just want to be 100 % sure before i get myself into it

skunk21 2/6/13 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Batmobilebrock57 (Post 6547493)
I see. Thank you sir. Also in the timing article the first step is to locate the spout connector but it doesn't say to remove/disconnect but then it says before test run turn off engine tighten down dizzy bolt and reinstall spout.
I am assuming the first step is to locate and remove spout connector.
Sorry for so many questions, i just want to be 100 % sure before i get myself into it

fixed it , I missed this when I typed it up. This is what I like someone who reads stuff and gives me feed back. I'm not perfect and miss stuff, sometimes I'm typing a bunch of stuff up and get lost in the words :D.

all set now.

Batmobilebrock57 2/6/13 06:48 AM

Alrighty thanks Chris. I appreciate all of your help