Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Having some trouble,starting my project.

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/05, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok...i just got my 5.0 last week..and right now..im just saving money up..im selling my old car for 2600$ tommorow..and i already have about 1800$ saved up for parts...now i was going to order a Ford Racing Crate motor (i work at ford,so i get a good discount)...it is a 347 stroker..with 9:1 compression..that puts out 340bhp...now after thinking the whole thing through..i realized that i may not want to take that route..seeing as the motor doesnt have forged internals..and has a warranty...now being me..i love forced induction..and i was planning on putting a blower or turbo on it...and even though i know tuning is key,in preventing engine failure..i would hate to buy a 3500$ motor like that..just to blow it up,because it didnt have forged rods or pistons.

The stock 302 thats in my car right now..has a lot of miles on it..and i dont feel like rebuilding it...i thought about buying the Trickflow head package (twisted wedge heads,cam,etc) and building it..but i dont like the idea of boosting or building on a stock bottom end..especially that one...

im stuck here..because im new to the whole domestic scene..and everyone tells me "do what you feel like doing" but they dont realize..i dont have too much knowledge on mustangs,so therefore,i have to take everyone elses advice..if anyone can get me a step in a somewhat forward direction..please do.
Old 1/1/06, 08:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Wisslin5.0@December 31, 2005, 10:08 PM
ok...i just got my 5.0 last week..and right now..im just saving money up..im selling my old car for 2600$ tommorow..and i already have about 1800$ saved up for parts...now i was going to order a Ford Racing Crate motor (i work at ford,so i get a good discount)...it is a 347 stroker..with 9:1 compression..that puts out 340bhp...now after thinking the whole thing through..i realized that i may not want to take that route..seeing as the motor doesnt have forged internals..and has a warranty...now being me..i love forced induction..and i was planning on putting a blower or turbo on it...and even though i know tuning is key,in preventing engine failure..i would hate to buy a 3500$ motor like that..just to blow it up,because it didnt have forged rods or pistons.

The stock 302 thats in my car right now..has a lot of miles on it..and i dont feel like rebuilding it...i thought about buying the Trickflow head package (twisted wedge heads,cam,etc) and building it..but i dont like the idea of boosting or building on a stock bottom end..especially that one...
im stuck here..because im new to the whole domestic scene..and everyone tells me "do what you feel like doing" but they dont realize..i dont have too much knowledge on mustangs,so therefore,i have to take everyone elses advice..if anyone can get me a step in a somewhat forward direction..please do.

Keith Craft Racing 306 - 375hp/375 ft. lbs. of torque

$4295.00

Fully machined production block, Production crank, Scat I beam or Eagle rods, Forged replacement pistons, Plasma moly rings, Federal Mogul bearings, Hyd. Roller camshaft, double roller timing set, Edelbrock Performer or Brodix 5.0 Heads, roller lifters, Scorpion roller rockers, ARP head bolts, Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, Production style oil pan, BHJ replacement damper, 50oz. Balanced, Blueprinted and assembled.

Keith Craft Racing Crate Motors
Old 1/1/06, 09:07 AM

whats the compression on that motor?
Old 1/1/06, 09:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Wisslin5.0@January 1, 2006, 12:10 PM
whats the compression on that motor?

Has to be the same as a stock 5.0, around 9:1 which is great for a blower. I'd call Keith Craft Racing just to be sure.
Old 1/1/06, 11:18 AM

Originally posted by StangFreak@January 1, 2006, 11:18 AM
Has to be the same as a stock 5.0, around 9:1 which is great for a blower. I'd call Keith Craft Racing just to be sure.

that sounds like a decent setup...

so is that 375/375 rated for a car that has I/H/E bolt ons? or just pure motor?

any other crate motor websites,that have Trickflow head package crate motors?
Old 1/1/06, 11:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Wisslin5.0@January 1, 2006, 2:21 PM
that sounds like a decent setup...
so is that 375/375 rated for a car that has I/H/E bolt ons? or just pure motor?
any other crate motor websites,that have Trickflow head package crate motors?

The 375/375 rating they are giving is all motor, no power adders.

There was another thread on stroker motors if that's what you want.

Stroker Motors

I posted several companies that sell them and the specs in this thread.

Hope this helps!!!
Old 1/1/06, 06:46 PM

Originally posted by StangFreak@January 1, 2006, 1:27 PM
The 375/375 rating they are giving is all motor, no power adders.

There was another thread on stroker motors if that's what you want.

Stroker Motors

I posted several companies that sell them and the specs in this thread.

Hope this helps!!!

i went on steenracing.com,and they had some pretty good shortblocks for good prices...that already come built,and you can tell them whether you want lower comp. pistons and what not...and then i was going to pick my head parts,because im real touchy on that part of the motor...what do you guys think? :worship: