Notices
1st and 2nd Generations 1964-1978 Mustangs

Rally Pac with HEI Distributor HELP

Old 6/22/18, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rally Pac with HEI Distributor HELP

Hello. I recently purchased the Scott Drake Rally Pac (V8 6000 RPM) for my Mustang. I have a rebuilt 302 powering my baby with a HEI style distributor. The Rally Pac instructions have the signal wire connecting to the - side of the coil, however with a HEI there is no external coil. The distributor does have a blade style TACH output that I assume would work if I change the wire connection from a loop to a blade, but I am hesitant as I can't really find anything online where people have covered this. And I promise I did a search here before posting this question. ;-)

I'm hoping someone has experience with this setup and can give me some advice on whether or not it will work. I'm concerned about frying the Pac, so I'm looking for thoughts on the topic. I did talk to the folks at CJ Pony Parts and they were 50/50 on the topic.

Thank you in advance for the help. I am a long time lurker on this forum, but this is my first real post, so I am thankful there is a community out there that can assist a novice like myself.

John