The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   1964-1970 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f633/)
-   -   opinions... (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f633/opinions-397920/)

one2gamble 1/8/05 02:26 PM

ok, this is what I think the final paint job is going to look like on my car. I have basically gotten either, I LOVE IT, or I HATE IT. I havent shown many this, I started with someones gorgeous car off the yellow mustang registry or some site like that.

http://goldcoastrods.org/jonscarshoped.jpg

svopaul 1/8/05 03:04 PM

It looks fine except the bumpers....black bumpers make it look bad in my opinion....leave the bumpers chrome to tie in with the wheels, grill and windshield trim and it will look MUCH better ;)

Nathan_H 1/8/05 03:36 PM

doesnt look too bad, i think it has its good and bad points, but as long as you like it, who cares. As svo paul said, leave the bumpers chrome, it needs something to break the "black bond"

Livewire 1/8/05 04:05 PM

any pinstripe between the two colors?

one2gamble 1/8/05 05:13 PM

havent decided, the bumpers blacked out because it isnt there and my photoshop skills arent so good. Theres actually an R model valance going on.

Stroked66 1/8/05 05:47 PM

Looks pretty good :nice: I've been kicking around the idea of a two tone for my coupe project as well.

I also think it would look better with chrome bumpers., maybe change over to the street apron, so you still ahve the big scoop in th efront valence :dunno:

one2gamble 1/8/05 05:56 PM

thats not going tohappen because I already have the billet top and lower grills ;) Its just the color skeem I am not positive about yet. I want something different and I think this is it

bnickel 1/8/05 05:58 PM

need to lose the grille bars and the pony corral, a pony would still look good in there though, maybe one of the flaming ponie's since it has both black and yellow. if you reall wanted to do you could also do an orange pinstripe between the black and yellow that would also tie in to the orange on the pony

68notch 1/8/05 08:08 PM

That's pretty sweet. Don't know about those rims, though.

future9er24 1/8/05 11:07 PM

not bad. i think its pretty cool. very unique :nice:

Jay 1/8/05 11:13 PM

VERY NICE, I really like the 2 tone treatment. Only things I would suggest trying are a white or silver pinstripe between the yellow and black and then a billet grill setup.

I think the dark tint on the sides and then powder coating the vent window frame and the quarter window frame would be very nice. Also submarine the antenna and lose the drip rail moldings. This all makes me want to build a 65/66 coupe....

sajack 1/9/05 09:58 AM

I like it! You say you already have the Billet grills and pop in some kind of pinstripe tie in.

66 blue mustang 1/9/05 10:51 AM

I really like that with the exception of the bumpers and that gives me alot of ideas with the color combo of silver and black. very nice though :banana:

2MFF 1/9/05 11:34 AM

I'm not usually a fan of 2 tone, but that looks pretty good. Especialy with the billet grilles you have planned. Sort of an "Industrial" look.
IMHO, I wouldn't use any pinsriping between the colors. I like the difference in contrast. Gives it more of an aggressive look (to go with the billet grilles, R apron, etc). I would also leave the window frames chrome. I think the chrome frames would give just enough of a break up to the dark windows and also help to retain some of what makes it a "classic".
IMO painting the frames, pinstriping, etc reminds me more of the "mini truck" era and less of a classic muscle car.

http://minitruckinweb.com/features/0501mt_toy02_z.jpg

BLAKE 1/10/05 09:07 AM

Originally posted by Jay@January 9, 2005, 1:16 AM
VERY NICE, I really like the 2 tone treatment. Only things I would suggest trying are a white or silver pinstripe between the yellow and black and then a billet grill setup.

I think the dark tint on the sides and then powder coating the vent window frame and the quarter window frame would be very nice. Also submarine the antenna and lose the drip rail moldings. This all makes me want to build a 65/66 coupe....

I totally agree with Jay. You're onto something there 12G. :nice:

2mff, don't let you're hair band '80s memories of mini truckin' get in the way. There's plenty of room for dechroming, especially on a car that is this kustom and two toned. The pin stripe will just make it more finished-looking. Besides, who takes cosmetic advice from some mad max wannabe like you? :jester: Probably the same type of moron that would take performance advice from some slow flamer like me. :shock:

jpony645 1/10/05 09:20 AM

Originally posted by Jay@January 9, 2005, 12:16 AM

Totally agree! That looks really good and I'm liking the 2 tone themes lately.

You could also go with one piece glass in place of the vent window and frame if you're looking for something a little different.

Jay 1/10/05 09:26 AM

Oh and another styling item that appeared to be dead... air brushing the emblems on... like the 289 hipo badge on the fender.

BLAKE 1/10/05 09:29 AM

Originally posted by Jay@January 10, 2005, 11:29 AM
Oh and another styling item that appeared to be dead... air brushing the emblems on... like the 289 hipo badge on the fender.
Saw that on a '57 Chevy w/ full C5 'vette running gear at a Goodguy's show last year.
Highly impressive.

pakrat 1/10/05 12:57 PM

Well, you're on to something, it had merit for sure. it needs something though. Not sure what that is yet, but it needs something. :scratch: