The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   1964-1970 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f633/)
-   -   My 66 project pony (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f633/my-66-project-pony-460639/)

Dougxox 11/24/07 03:21 PM

My 66 project pony

12 Attachment(s)
Just picked this up today, 66 coupe with 200 6cyl.:banana: 68,7XX miles. a few previous owners have tried to restore it with not much knowledge of restoring cars:screwy: , now its my turn:jester:

codeman94 11/24/07 03:23 PM

good luck! they are way fun to cruise in.....bad thing is....a really stiff wind might blow you off the road if you arent ready for it!
..oh yeah...give it a bath stat!

70MACH1OWNER 11/24/07 03:49 PM

Hey Doug,
Looks like you will be starting with a pretty sound platform for the re-build. Good luck!! Show us your progress along the way.
Scott:nice:

Dougxox 11/24/07 04:08 PM

Most of the body parts have been replaced, and some of the lower pan. interior has new carpet is all. the rest of the interior needs work, headliner is gone, dash pad is shot, and the idiot who tried to put in a new radio should be shot. The gauge bezels have been cleaned so much there is no chrome left, just grey plastic. Also gauges ( except speedo) do not work. The brakes are all new, 4 wheel drum, and it has a cherry bomb on it...LOL

Oh yeah it needs a bath and vacuume real bad.

x21 11/24/07 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dougxox (Post 1053150)
and it has a cherry bomb on it...LOL

Yay- just like on my 200cid 6 in my 68 :nice:
By the way, you plannin on keepin it a 6?

Dougxox 11/25/07 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by x21 (Post 1053291)
Yay- just like on my 200cid 6 in my 68 :nice:
By the way, you plannin on keepin it a 6?

kicking around about changing it to a 331 stroker, but $$$ dictate that:dunno: That involves changing the front suspension, at that point I will change out the brakes to disc and add rack and pinion set up and with front disc also means rear disc too.:grin:

Neighbor looked at it and sugested just having the 6 bored out and beefed up:dunno: still thinking about that. $$$ would be cheaper.
Open for suggestions :nice:
my present focus is to work on the interior untill spring then will think about what to do then for the rest of it... ok thinking all the time:banghead:
Ran out of things to do to the 07 :rofl2:

Oh BTW, raining today. rear window leaks, orig. seals but it is getting a bath:jester:

SilverHorse-----Racing 11/25/07 08:58 PM

Restomod....

347 stroker, AOD, Dakota Digital dash, recaro seats, 17x8 wheels, etc :)

And more is coming for the 07 to keep you busy !!

Dougxox 11/25/07 09:26 PM

LOL,:grin: yeah right:screwy: , with whose wallet:dunno: not mine:jester:
347 stroker, 10k+
up graded suspension to hold the stroker, 2-3k
Recaro seats, $600 to 2K each
Dakota dash $600
AOD tranny, 2k
4 wheel disc brake setup to stop this thing, 2-3k
Not to mention the cost of installing most of this:doh:
and I havent even put a headliner in it.:rofl2:
Thanks Marcello:poke: :grin:

ShowGT 11/25/07 09:29 PM

Doug, maybe Marcello would sponsor 66 Project Pony ?

SilverHorse-----Racing 11/26/07 07:11 AM

Ha!!! Actually, Doug knows that Marcello already sponsors project 73 dust-collector, along with project 93 armco collector, and project 05 parts-are-a-missing-again...

And 2 of those three projects haven't moved in so long, I think they are starting to look like Doug's new one!

ShowGT 11/26/07 09:13 PM

:doh: I tried Doug

SilverHorse-----Racing 11/26/07 10:30 PM

Oh it's all cool - he knows I've got him covered, just can't take on that kind of stuff right now. Maybe someday though, it would be nice...

x21 11/27/07 10:35 AM

Well, let me know if you want to keep it a six, I know a bunch about 'beefing' up the lil 200, and whatever I dont know- I know lots of folks that do ;)

Dougxox 11/27/07 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing (Post 1053974)
Ha!!! Actually, Doug knows that Marcello already sponsors project 73 dust-collector, along with project 93 armco collector, and project 05 parts-are-a-missing-again...

And 2 of those three projects haven't moved in so long, I think they are starting to look like Doug's new one!

It sometimes amazes me that people with a three car garage have no room to park their daily drivers:rofl2::poke: . guess I can't talk too much, I don't even have a garage :doh:

X21, thanks for the offer, I may do some beefing up and save for the V8. Right now just working on fixing the interior and minor mechanical things. Ie, new radiator, voltage regulator, batt. cables, gaskets, trim parts, etc.
Sat down over the weekend with some parts cataloges, at the moment about 1k in parts and pieces.:banghead:

JeffD 11/28/07 03:23 PM

http://fordsix.com/

x21 11/29/07 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by JeffD (Post 1055628)

(I'm there too :nice: )

Dougxox 12/6/07 05:55 AM

Thanks guys the things you can do to an in line 6. Now thinking of that route. theres people out there with more hp on a 6 than a lot of 8's.

ShowGT 12/8/07 04:40 AM

Doug, I was there once. I had a 6 in my 1967 Coupe and went thru 3 motor mounts and 1 trans mount in high school, my dad teached how to change them too after the first one! LOL

Dougxox 12/13/07 07:02 PM

Up date, putting in a new windshield ( orig. is wiper scratched on pass. side.) with new front and rear window gaskets. Figured if I am pulling it out might as well put in a new one. New radiator is at the parts store waiting for me to pick up, looks like sat. morning is going to be busy. Ended up ordering a few boxes of parts, just need some warm weather to work on it...LOL.

Dougxox 1/7/08 08:12 PM

well got the new windsheild in, replaced the rear seal. tore out the old dash pad and have that cleaned off. Got a new set of insturment bezels, replaced all the dash bulbs. Just need to get the radio plate welded in and get the dash set up to be painted, Then start putting things back together on the inside. Need to take a weeks vacation to work on it, not enough daylight hours at this time to get much done.
New radiator is still in the box, been fighting with a leaking tire, had it to the shop twice now, inner rim is rusted and leaks all around, they sanded it and hit it with sealer, hope that holds now.