1968 Wheel Options (Styled Steel, Torque Thrust, Mag 500) - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

1st and 2nd Generations 1964-1978 Mustangs

1968 Wheel Options (Styled Steel, Torque Thrust, Mag 500)

Old 2/12/18, 01:24 AM   #1

1968 Wheel Options (Styled Steel, Torque Thrust, Mag 500)

Yall know the line,"long time... first time...".

Some of yall might recognize this post; I opened a similar thread on some other forums, but I wanted to ask the same question here in the hopes of reaching a broad an audience as possible.

After 18 years (hey, it's less than a lot of people!) of pouring over Mustang magazines, build threads, and generally lusting after a classic of my own, I finally took the plunge and wound up with a '68. We've been doing a (tasteful, I hope) resto-mod over the past year and the time has come to consider wheels and tires.

Wheels first. I prefer a chrome wheel with a lot of contrast and would prefer a wheel that would've been available in '68. I like the '64 1/2 - '67 Styled Steel, but am not a fan of the '68. Though I guess they would've been around in '68, everything I've seen indicates that they wouldn't have been put on by the factory, the dealers, or the aftermarket. That leaves me with the Magnum 500's and the Torque Thrust II's.

I know you could easily get chrome Magnum 500's in '68. My question is: were chrome Torque Thrust II's available in 1968? (I know Torque Thrust D's were).
Although this is my first post, yall have already helped me a ton, given me a lot of great ideas, saved me a butt-load of time, a world of headaches, and costly mistakes. Thanks.
CS2-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join The Mustang Source

Join TheMustangSource.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Mustang fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Mustang Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your stang, and have a great time with other Ford Mustang fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Mustang you'll find that TheMustangSource.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TheMustangSource.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE