2012-2013 BOSS 302

Ultra guage? OBDII gauge

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/12, 09:28 AM
JPC
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultra guage? OBDII gauge

Anyone try this on the Boss or any other car?

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm

like to see AF ratios @ track...
Old 4/20/12, 10:26 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JPC
Anyone try this on the Boss or any other car?
Yes, quite a few of us use it.

Old 4/20/12, 12:07 PM
JPC
Bullitt Member

cool
I ordered today
should have next week
Old 4/20/12, 01:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Works OK but I have found it is 4 MPH slow on speed all the time (fast or slow) and it's a little slow updating on the rpm's at full throttle. You can still use it but need to shift when it is about 7100 or 7200, takes getting use to.

I mainly use it for temp and it makes it easy to erase codes since I don't have to go get my code scanner and hook it up between sessions.
Old 4/24/12, 07:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How accurate is this on A/F and intake temps? Have you guys compared it with an Aeroforce?
Old 4/24/12, 08:36 AM
GT Member

Glad you started this thread. I've been considering a GTech, which uses GPS. Subscribing. http://www.gtechpro.com/ss_fanatic.html
Old 4/24/12, 11:40 AM
JPC
Bullitt Member

I should have Ultra Gauge by 25th
Old 4/24/12, 12:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Hytek
How accurate is this on A/F and intake temps? Have you guys compared it with an Aeroforce?
I assume it is accurate, after-all it is just reading what the OBD port is telling it. As to why the OBD port is reading 4 MPH slow I do not know. The RPM's work fine but the gauge does not refresh fast enough to use on track. The refresh rate for the temp is good enough for track use.
Old 4/24/12, 12:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss

I assume it is accurate, after-all it is just reading what the OBD port is telling it. As to why the OBD port is reading 4 MPH slow I do not know. The RPM's work fine but the gauge does not refresh fast enough to use on track. The refresh rate for the temp is good enough for track use.
Cool thanks.

On their site in the compatibility estimator it doesn't list 2011. I would assume it would work since its the same platform. Anyone try it on an 11 yet?
Old 4/24/12, 04:23 PM
V6 Member

JPC......you planning on trying to read that thing as you go around ECR?...... or checking data/codes later. Pretty small.
Old 4/24/12, 06:26 PM
JPC
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cf6mech
JPC......you planning on trying to read that thing as you go around ECR?...... or checking data/codes later. Pretty small.
idk, will know when it should arrive tomorrow
I hope to glance at time from time to time to see AF and engine temps
I'll be at MSR, Cresson on Saturday :-)
.......playback should be interesting too....will reviewing during sessions
Old 4/24/12, 08:15 PM
GT Member

Would you know if that litle device could convert MPH to Km/hr. or vice versa?
Cheers,
Old 4/25/12, 12:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

On their site in the compatibility estimator it doesn't list 2011. I would assume it would work since its the same platform. Anyone try it on an 11 yet?
Since no one answered or knows I guess I'll be the guinea pig. I'll report back if it works on 2011 GT's in a separate thread once it arrives.

Last edited by Hytek; 4/25/12 at 07:21 AM.
Old 4/25/12, 07:37 AM
Cobra R Member

If anyone plans on using this for the track I suggest shutting off all alarms right out of the box. I tried shutting off alarms one by one but it was giving me constant alarms about fuel etc. until I finally shut them ALL off.

Originally Posted by jouster
Would you know if that litle device could convert MPH to Km/hr. or vice versa?Cheers,
I do not see this in the manual, you would think it is easy enough to build in? I would try to call them to find out for sure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ultragauge user manual.pdf (1.01 MB, 238 views)
Old 4/25/12, 08:06 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

If anyone plans on using this for the track I suggest shutting off all alarms right out of the box. I tried shutting off alarms one by one but it was giving me constant alarms about fuel etc. until I finally shut them ALL off.
Good tip, thanks.

They're out of stock on the dash mount, so I'm thinking of just Velcro-ing it to the dash for now. Are the buttons in back used much after you set your guages?
Old 4/25/12, 03:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Good tip, thanks.

They're out of stock on the dash mount, so I'm thinking of just Velcro-ing it to the dash for now. Are the buttons in back used much after you set your guages?
Do the setup when you get it, I was using a screen the way it came for a while, now I have the temp top left and RPM's on the top right. After you set it up the way you like and shut off alarms there is little need to use the menu buttons. The only real need to get at the menu buttons is if you are throwing codes/CEL and want to check them. The gauge starts up on the same screen you shut it off with.

Having said that get the windshield mount, if you are tracking you want it in your face, otherwise it is worthless having to look down for it.
Old 4/25/12, 03:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Do the setup when you get it, I was using a screen the way it came for a while, now I have the temp top left and RPM's on the top right. After you set it up the way you like and shut off alarms there is little need to use the menu buttons. The only real need to get at the menu buttons is if you are throwing codes/CEL and want to check them. The gauge starts up on the same screen you shut it off with.

Having said that get the windshield mount, if you are tracking you want it in your face, otherwise it is worthless having to look down for it.
Cool thanks!
Old 4/25/12, 08:11 PM
JPC
Bullitt Member

got my gauge today, installed in abut 20mins playing with location
looks good
but AF shows a number like .985 to 1.02...i was expecting to see a 12.5ish number
Attached Thumbnails Ultra guage? OBDII gauge-gauge1.jpg   Ultra guage? OBDII gauge-gauge2.jpg   Ultra guage? OBDII gauge-gauge3.jpg  
Old 4/28/12, 08:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Just got my guage yesterday and tried it out briefly. Even though it shows not compatible for 2011 GT, it does work. First impressions are it's a little confusing trying to figure out what is what without directions. I used the default guages for now. I just downloaded the PDF and I'm going to spend some time getting it all set today and program separate guages for a/f, intake temps, coolant temps, and whatever cool features it offers.

Thanks again guys for posting this up! I'll start my own thread in the 5.0 section with a write up once I get this thing all figured out.
Old 4/29/12, 12:24 PM
JPC
Bullitt Member

I ran MSR, Cresson on Sat with Ultra gauge
It was great able to see ACTUAL engine temp with just a glance
highest I saw was 226 near end of each session
......in the cool down laps I hit the HEATER button...which reduced temps about 20 degrees in only a couple of minutes...
I have the stock Boss grill with the flaux covers still in (not cut out yet)
the air temps in the afternoon was about 91....which I saw in the car.

I was heard Boss goes into limp at 260 engine temps
.....anyone confirm that?

Quick Reply: Ultra guage? OBDII gauge