Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Pioneer AVICX930BT install

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/12, 03:32 PM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pioneer AVICX930BT install

I removed the stock head unit a couple of weekends ago (car is in storage) and finally got a chance to put the new unit in today. Stock unit was very easy to remove. I opted for the Metra Dash Kit since it was available, very easy to install.

The new stereo went in very easy. I used the Axxess XSVI-5520-NAV Non-Amplified Non-OnStar Harness to Retain Accessory Power to connect to the stock harness. Made all of my connections prior to getting out to the car. Ran the GPS antenna under the dash, iPod adapter to the glove box, and mic to the trim above the drivers door. I also purchased the Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface (Black) which connect the the Axxess harness without having to connect any other wires.
Old 1/6/12, 03:37 PM
INKY

A couple things I have noticed. I was unable to get the steering wheel controls to work and it seems like the stock harness may not have all the connections the NAV needs such as the parking break sensor and speed sensor as I am unable to access most of the settings for the head unit and cannot sync my phone. Have to admit I didn't take much time to look into these issues. Took the car in to change the oil and fill the tank. I'm only home on the weekends so project time is limited. The location of the head unit is not as low as I thought it would be and the Metra kit is pretty plain. LCD display could be better, but it works. I will post more as I get to look at the issues I am having.
Old 1/6/12, 05:42 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for posting this as I will be doing a very similar install soon in my boss and will be following this thread. i have to ask, what kind of response does that car get in germany.

Last edited by bolecailey; 1/6/12 at 05:51 PM.
Old 1/7/12, 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice! My boss definitely needs this mod. I remember on my pioneer, all it needed for the parking brake sensor was a constant 12v supply to fool it to always work. I'm not so sure about the newer models. But Sony headunits just needed a ground.

Be sure to disconnect the battery when installing pioneers, more so than other brands bc they have a micro fuse that easily blows and causes grounding noise
Old 1/7/12, 06:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks for posting. I wanted to see what all the harnesses look like. I have my AVIC and hanrness adapters ready to go, but I'm waiting a few more weeks to see if the scosche kit or the NEW Metra kit comes out.

You can set up your head unit with a parking brake bypass if you check out avic411.com you just have to jump a couple of wires together, but I don't know which ones for your model/
Old 1/8/12, 07:31 AM
INKY

Originally Posted by bolecailey
Thanks for posting this as I will be doing a very similar install soon in my boss and will be following this thread. i have to ask, what kind of response does that car get in germany.
The car gets tons of looks, especially when I'm not around the base. Driving back from the port got a lot of stares.

Update from today: Did the bypass and it worked. Haven't messed with the adapter for the steering wheel controls, but will update when I do.