Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Navigation Voice and Radio Volume.

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/14, 02:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Navigation Voice and Radio Volume.

I don't use navigation much so can somebody answer this. With the EP navigation should the radio mute when the voice is telling you to turn, take exit, etc? Mine does not and it makes the voice very hard to hear.
Old 4/27/14, 03:29 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Mine does not mute the music. It simply turns down the music and the voice nav commands are louder.

Voice command "overpowers" the radio/music if that makes sense. Sometimes hard to hear as you state.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 4/27/14 at 03:30 PM.
Old 4/27/14, 03:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thanks. I thought mine did that too. But if music is loud it overpowers the navigation voice since my music volume barely lowers .
Old 4/27/14, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While the navigation is speaking you can adjust the navigation volume. If my music is loud I'll turn up and navigation and it remembers it.
Old 4/27/14, 04:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thanks ... When Sync voice is talking .. the Radio mutes ... when backup Sensor is beeping .. the radio goes very low so you can hear the beeps ... you would think the navigation voice would do the same thing. I could have sworn it used to make the radio volume very low but I haven't used it in a long time. Since the last time I used the Navigation I have been playing around with IDS and AS-BUILT in the ACM .. and I also had a SYNC Upgrade done .. so I wasn't sure if I screwed up something.
Old 4/27/14, 04:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 553 Likes on 359 Posts
Do what I did, I turned the Navigation voice off and just glance down at the Map.
Old 4/27/14, 07:26 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Sync turns off the radio in my Mustang to give the oral directions, and in my wife's Lincoln the navigation turns off the radio. I don't have any problems hearing the directions.

I just wish in my commuter 2010 Mariner that I could control the Sync volume. I have to be ready to hit the volume control every time because she responds super loud to a command! And it overrides the radio in the Mariner too, turns the radio volume off and gives directions on that car too.
Old 4/28/14, 05:26 AM
GT Member

Funny thing is I thought nav turned the radio all the way down or almost. Brought car into dealer for first oil change and I think they did an update since it's different now. Radio volume drops but not enough. I had to reset the navigation volume and make it louder.

Not actually sure I had an update but pretty sure. Saw some features I hadn't noticed before.
Old 4/28/14, 05:32 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Is you car a 2014? I would think you had latest and greatest from the factory.

Dealer upgraded mine to version 4.2.1.4 back in October ... it was version 4.0.2 before that ...
Old 4/28/14, 05:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Siber Express
Do what I did, I turned the Navigation voice off and just glance down at the Map.
As he slams into the car in front of him when taking his eyes off the road...
Old 4/28/14, 07:06 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'm fairly certain this is a bug in the latest version of SYNC ... I am 99.9% positive the older version of SYNC lowered the radio volume significantly while speaking while the current one doesn't lower it at all.
Old 4/28/14, 03:04 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dmhines
I don't use navigation much so can somebody answer this. With the EP navigation should the radio mute when the voice is telling you to turn, take exit, etc? Mine does not and it makes the voice very hard to hear.
Hi dmhines,

The music should pause to allow the navigation instructions to be given. The music will resume playing once Samantha (the SYNC lady) is done talking. Have you already confirmed that you're running the latest software: www.Support.Ford.com

Kim
Old 4/28/14, 03:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi dmhines,

The music should pause to allow the navigation instructions to be given. The music will resume playing once Samantha (the SYNC lady) is done talking. Have you already confirmed that you're running the latest software: www.Support.Ford.com

Kim
I'm at 4.2.1.4 ..that is latest according to sync my ride.
Old 4/28/14, 04:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

FYI ... SYNC functions do pause Music. Reverse Sensor does Lower Volume. Just the NAVIGATION speech does not lower the volume.

Is Navigation part of SYNC?? Is there anyway to do a hard reset/reboot of the Navigation system? I see no way to do a full master reset. Like how would I clear my previous destinations, home address, etc if I were to sell my car ... isn't there a way to completely WIPE the ACM like it was brand new ??
Old 4/28/14, 06:09 PM

FYI ... SYNC functions do pause Music. Reverse Sensor does Lower Volume. Just the NAVIGATION speech does not lower the volume.

Is Navigation part of SYNC?? Is there anyway to do a hard reset/reboot of the Navigation system? I see no way to do a full master reset. Like how would I clear my previous destinations, home address, etc if I were to sell my car ... isn't there a way to completely WIPE the ACM like it was brand new ??
Since you're already up-to-date on SYNC software, I think the master reset is a good idea. Here are the instructions: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...ync-navigation Keep in mind that you will need to pair your phone again once this is done.

Kim
Old 4/28/14, 08:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I followed the instructions ... all it did was delete my phone. Everything else is the same. All my radio stations were there, all of my Navigation saved destinations were there, all of my Navigation history was still there, The system didn't reboot or anything. How do I to a full system reboot/restart so it looks like the day it rolled off the assembly line? How would wipe out everything if I were going to sell the car?? There is no way to reboot it like a computer? I even disconnected the battery and that did nothing.

Last edited by dmhines; 4/28/14 at 08:24 PM.
Old 4/29/14, 05:40 AM
GT Member

The ford website says I'm 4.13 and above I see 4.2.1
I'll check and see what the car says. If it says 4.2 then there was an update and that's why I can't hear the voice either.
Old 4/29/14, 08:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Ace Red
The ford website says I'm 4.13 and above I see 4.2.1
I'll check and see what the car says. If it says 4.2 then there was an update and that's why I can't hear the voice either.
Just want to clarify .. you have a brand new 2014 with Navigation .. and your radio sound does not lower when Navigation speech is on?
Old 4/29/14, 01:08 PM

I followed the instructions ... all it did was delete my phone. Everything else is the same. All my radio stations were there, all of my Navigation saved destinations were there, all of my Navigation history was still there, The system didn't reboot or anything. How do I to a full system reboot/restart so it looks like the day it rolled off the assembly line? How would wipe out everything if I were going to sell the car?? There is no way to reboot it like a computer? I even disconnected the battery and that did nothing.
Hi dmhines,

The master reset is the best suggestion I am able to provide to reboot your system. Please send me a PM with your VIN so I can take a closer look at your account.

Kim
Old 4/29/14, 01:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Ford IVT -

When you perform the the Master Reset in your lab on a Mustang Naviation system does the system reboot? Mine sits for several seconds then says Master Reset COmplete. I have seen videos of MyFord Touch Master resets .. and it does wipe out everything and reboots the system. The non-MFT navigation does not behave that way it appears.

Can you can confirm if SYNC has anything to do with the Naviation speech? Or are they two totally seperate programs.

I will send VIN if that helps.

Quick Reply: Navigation Voice and Radio Volume.