General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Help me own my first car (mustang v6)

Search this Thread

Old 7/20/13, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help me own my first car (mustang v6)

I am 18 just got my job and have wanted a mustang for as long as I can ever remember. I have just saved 5000$ and I live in Canada ontario which means high tax and environmental tax? I live right across from Detroit Michigan. So I was thinking should I get the mustang from the states or just buy here? I'm planing on spending 26,000 but no more.. ( A v6 i know!) Idk if I should go with ford financing or a loan with my bank and throw 5000 down.. My girlfriend of 2 years who does not live with me has a grandpa who has retired in Detroit from ford who I can uses x plan or here I can use her uncles x plans.. How much would I possibly get off?? And if the z plan is much more how much aproximently? Is it worth putting in my girlfriends name so she gets the z plan discount? Or someone else in her family? After my gf got the discount could I switch the owner into my name or something? Could someone help me out with my options and stuff /: it'd be greatly appreciated I want to become a part of the mustang group!

Sorry I have no idea where to post this
Old 7/21/13, 07:51 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 954 Likes on 582 Posts
First thing: PUT THE MUSTANG IN YOUR NAME ONLY!! You've been warned.
Number 2: Don't even think Detroit or discounts. Buy your car in Canada or you are going to experience the pain of so many other Canadians that have made the expensive mistake of importing US cars. If you have the $$, no big deal, but customs and taxes are just brutal. It amounts to thousands of dollars. Again, no problem for Canadians looking for collector type cars and who have the big $$, but not for the average buyer 'north of the border'. If you still want to go through with buying a US car, make some serious phone calls to your government taxing authorities. They will lay out actual figures and the paperwork needed.
Make your 1st Mustang buying experience a pleasure, not a burden. I have made two new car purchases using Ford financing. They lay out everything pretty well with no hassle if you want to pay off the car early. Just get a good rate though. Good luck!
Old 7/21/13, 09:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
Read the link/ thread below its almost about the same thing your talking about in this thread

https://themustangsource.com/f649/pl...ustang-523585/

Old 7/21/13, 05:05 PM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 954 Likes on 582 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
Read the link/ thread below its almost about the same thing your talking about in this thread

https://themustangsource.com/f649/pl...ustang-523585/

That's funny Glenn. Thanks for posting that. I guess my advice is shared by many others, including the use of capital letters.
After reading the responses it seems Jake has his mind made up and was looking for confirmation. We tried.