Sponsored by:

Awesome got new stuffs today!

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/14, 10:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Awesome got new stuffs today!

Yep. Long story short (as if, it's me.)

Finally had the opportunity to get the M-1007-DC1895 wheels (the 2010 GT500 'vert wheels), and being 18x9.5, I couldn't move my Cooper RS3-As over, and they don't make the -As in the right sizes that would have worked. ( )

So, after a bit of research, thought, and then finally a 'screw it, I'm doing this', I acquired General G-Max AS-03s in the 275/40-18 size. I wanted All Seasons due to the cold weather. Awesome is my DD, so she does get driven in the cold sometimes, when it happens. Lately around here, it *happens*. Not to the extent ya'll up northern might get, but still. Low enough it's a concern. Also, they'll last longer than the summers, it's been said in lots of places, so there's that.

Ok, they arrived yesterday, them tires, late, so I had to wait until today to get it all done.

And done I did! I learned how to operate the tire machine (EASY!) and mounted the tires no big deal. I was also shown to operate the balancing machine, and that was also easily done. First try, every time.

I drove the car onto the lift, centered perfectly. Loosened the lugs, lifted the car up, got the old wheels and tires (Anthracite 17x8 Bullitts) and put the new feet/shoes on her. Lowered to touch ground, torqued the lugs down to 100 ft/lbs. Yay, new wheels and tires! Looks *fantastic*.

But wait, there's more!

Yep, I had acquired the GTA mufflers for her a whole *year* ago... And now they're finally on!

I got to say that the right side was a little of a mangled mess. I don't know what happened (they were pre-owned) but there was a significant amount of metal tweaking to get that thing on...

>>>BUT ON IT WENT.<<<

And then the left side was a little easier, yet not simple.. the pipe ends would NOT go together at first... but alla sudden it got popped in, and off we went.

Got the tips all adjusted, centered... LOCK IT DOWN. (Took a few tries, but I got it.)

And down she came, got cleaned up, put up tools that sort of thing... and now, the moment of Awesome...

*VROOOOOOM Poppopburbleburbleburble...*

I mean, that is, to me, a *fantastic* muffler. I'm sure others are louder, lower, etc, ad nauseum, but MAN, am I happy with these. No drone, sounds *perfect* at a light... And those exhaust tips. SO pretty.

And, for the most part, with a little help here and there when two hands wouldn't work, I did it all by myself. I love learning how to do new things.

So yeah, new stuffs. More comin' this year. Power antenna probably is next... I just want it. Muskrat had one, so Awesome needs one.

Last edited by houtex; 3/30/14 at 07:53 AM.
Old 3/29/14, 10:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
It's just easier to use Imgur. So here's the album!

http://imgur.com/a/GJEw6
Old 3/30/14, 08:35 AM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Looking great. I bet it sounds good too. I like the those style GT500 rims. Got some replica GT500's myself.