1964-1970 Mustang Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

LoJack for Classic Cars

Search this Thread

Old 8/17/10, 08:32 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LoJack for Classic Cars

I just saw that LoJack has a new system for Classic cars. I'm thinking about getting one since it sounds like it's easy to install, and I've got so much money in my car that it would a tragic thing to me if it got stolen.

Does anybody have one of these systems? This one seems to run off a battery, so there's no hooking it up to the Electrical system. Sounds pretty good to me.....

https://store.lojack.com/product.aspx?zpid=374
Old 8/17/10, 09:40 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Falchion
I just saw that LoJack has a new system for Classic cars. I'm thinking about getting one since it sounds like it's easy to install, and I've got so much money in my car that it would a tragic thing to me if it got stolen.

Does anybody have one of these systems? This one seems to run off a battery, so there's no hooking it up to the Electrical system. Sounds pretty good to me.....

https://store.lojack.com/product.aspx?zpid=374
thats cool...only bad thing, the coverage is spotty at best- only certain counties in certain states- and as its published, bet the thieves just haul the cars to a county without law enforcement lojack support...

Ive often though just a cheap cellphone buried under the dash might work...theres gps apps available now for realtime tracking- and history in case they find it/shut it off...
Old 8/18/10, 08:06 AM

Well, I'm only concerned about coverage in the United States.

GPS signals can be blocked by being in a building, parking garage, etc. Plus, you have to pay a monthly service charge for a GPS tracking unit. I was hoping to avoid that.

Originally Posted by ford4v429
thats cool...only bad thing, the coverage is spotty at best- only certain counties in certain states- and as its published, bet the thieves just haul the cars to a county without law enforcement lojack support...

Ive often though just a cheap cellphone buried under the dash might work...theres gps apps available now for realtime tracking- and history in case they find it/shut it off...
Old 8/18/10, 02:59 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
Well, I'm only concerned about coverage in the United States.

GPS signals can be blocked by being in a building, parking garage, etc. Plus, you have to pay a monthly service charge for a GPS tracking unit. I was hoping to avoid that.

I was talking counties not countries ours and 2 adjoining counties here have no lojack coverage...I never realized it was a regional thing, always assumed it was everywhere.

on the gps thing- I think they can approximate locations by triangulation of cell towers these days...not to within a few feet, but to within a couple hundred or so...I'll have to do some more reading
Old 8/19/10, 08:23 AM

Oh OK counties. lol

Yes, there are GPS systems that use cell towers, but I still don't think that it will get a signal inside a building. Plus, you have to still have to pay a service fee every month......

Originally Posted by ford4v429
I was talking counties not countries ours and 2 adjoining counties here have no lojack coverage...I never realized it was a regional thing, always assumed it was everywhere.

on the gps thing- I think they can approximate locations by triangulation of cell towers these days...not to within a few feet, but to within a couple hundred or so...I'll have to do some more reading
Old 8/20/10, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The company guarantees that your classic car - and any other vehicle that's equipped with a LoJack - will be recovered in 24 hours or less or your money back on the system. So, while we're not available throughout the country, we feel strongly that our integration with law enforcement and proven technology will get your car back before it's too late. In fact, we've recently recovered a 1960 Corvette and 1956 VW Karmann Ghia.

And, @Falchion, you're right about the battery. LoJack for Classics is based on a self-powered battery, so there's no need for it to be hooked up to the vehicle's electrical system.
Old 8/20/10, 08:12 AM

Well, thanks for the info! I didn't know we had a LoJack rep right here on the forum!

I like the LoJack for Classics system, but I heard from one of your Customer Service reps that a new Early Warning Upgrade for Classics will be available in a couple of months. Can you give us any details on that?

Also, as long as I'm asking, how about a group discount for Mustang Source Forum members? That way I can spend some more money on my money pit of a car.

Originally Posted by lojackian
The company guarantees that your classic car - and any other vehicle that's equipped with a LoJack - will be recovered in 24 hours or less or your money back on the system. So, while we're not available throughout the country, we feel strongly that our integration with law enforcement and proven technology will get your car back before it's too late. In fact, we've recently recovered a 1960 Corvette and 1956 VW Karmann Ghia.

And, @Falchion, you're right about the battery. LoJack for Classics is based on a self-powered battery, so there's no need for it to be hooked up to the vehicle's electrical system.
Old 8/25/10, 02:21 PM

I'll look into a group discount or special offer for Mustang Source Forum members and reply to this thread.

We just rolled out the LoJack for Classics system, so Early Warning is a little premature.
Old 8/25/10, 05:49 PM

OK thanks!

I'll look into a group discount or special offer for Mustang Source Forum members and reply to this thread.

We just rolled out the LoJack for Classics system, so Early Warning is a little premature.
Old 9/27/10, 08:11 AM

Discount for Classic Car Recovery System

@Falchion - You asked a little while back about a special offer on LoJack for Classics for Mustang Source Forum members. We officially announced the new recovery system this morning and your members are eligible to take advantage of a special, one-time offer of $295, which is $400 off the MSRP. If you or your members are interested, they can call (800)-838-1177 x 3873 or visit https://store.lojack.com/product.aspx?zpid=374 and enter the promo code CC2EML295 at checkout.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
Old 9/27/10, 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

The lowjack system seems like a good option plus its a one time fee, but for those who are looking for an alternative or especially the people outside the US. Installing a GSM GPS Tracker tracking device should be a good option to look at.
Old 9/27/10, 10:43 AM

Thanks! That's great!

Can we combine that with the early warning package?

@Falchion - You asked a little while back about a special offer on LoJack for Classics for Mustang Source Forum members. We officially announced the new recovery system this morning and your members are eligible to take advantage of a special, one-time offer of $295, which is $400 off the MSRP. If you or your members are interested, they can call (800)-838-1177 x 3873 or visit https://store.lojack.com/product.aspx?zpid=374 and enter the promo code CC2EML295 at checkout.

Last edited by Falchion; 9/27/10 at 12:46 PM.
Old 9/27/10, 11:00 AM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

For a little input on the service, I have something very similar to this from lojack (if not the same unit) in my 40' car hauler, along with their other version that runs off the battery for the truck that pulls it and my late model 'stang. I had never thought about putting one of the battery operated versions in my classic but it makes perfect sense! When the tech came out to the shop he was very courteous, the only thing I disliked was the fact that they prefer you not know where they put them. When you tear things apart for a hobby, you kind of need to know!

The only downside to the battery operated I can see, is when the battery is dead you won't know until it's to late.
Old 9/27/10, 01:02 PM

We're happy to pass along the offer to you guys. The Early Warning LoJack for Classics is still in development and we don't have a definitive timeline for it's availability yet, so the self-powered system is currently our primary solution for classics.

Thanks! That's great!

Can we combine that with the early warning package?
Old 9/27/10, 04:08 PM

OK thanks for the reply!

I'll be ordering one for my 65 Mustang. It will be worth it just for the peace of mind.....

I'm also in interesed in the Early warning system as well. Can you let us know when that is available for Classic Cars? Thanks again!

We're happy to pass along the offer to you guys. The Early Warning LoJack for Classics is still in development and we don't have a definitive timeline for it's availability yet, so the self-powered system is currently our primary solution for classics.
Old 4/15/11, 02:11 PM

Sir I was wondering if you have any more promo's since this one seems to be invalid and I would like to purchase one for my recently bought 66 mustang coupe. Thank you.
Old 6/7/11, 12:50 PM

Is this thread dead? I am also interest in promotions similar to the previous on a Lojack for my car.