2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Window Pulsating Noise

Search this Thread

Old 12/9/16, 11:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Window Pulsating Noise

Who all have the Driver side window pulsating noise while driving 40mph+?

Anybody got it fixed? If so, how?

My dealer can't seem to fix it, they're idiots.

I also got a noise in the rear passenger side interior quarter panel. (something like a washer is lose or like coins banging together when i hit bumps or when im driving on bumpy roads).

The dealer wasn't able to fix that either. Anybody else have had these 2 issues?

Any help/advice/opinion would be appreciated!
Old 12/10/16, 08:12 AM
GT Member

Are you talking about pulsation with the window down? If so just crack the other window. This phenomenon happens with most cars these days and cracking another window takes care of it.
Old 12/10/16, 10:15 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The pulsating is most likely caused by the window not being fully closed into the weather stripping. I had this problem in my 2011 GT/CS. A simple adjustment by the dealer. Find another dealer. The noise in the rear passenger area is common, I have it, occasionally. It does seem to based on weather/ temperature changes. Do a search as I recall seeing where someone took all the panels off and showed where to place insulating material to stop all rattles and squeaks in the 2015+ interior, including the dash.
Old 12/10/16, 03:42 PM
Bullitt Member

sounds like the pulsating noise is coming from the door latch.

i had that replaced by the dealership, but the noise doubled after that.

im gonna get some camper tape and put in on the rear quarter panel which is rattling. see if that helps.

im surprised nobody else has the pulsating noise from the driver side door. Seemed like a known issue on the facebook community.
Old 12/19/16, 04:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by dgc333
Are you talking about pulsation with the window down? If so just crack the other window. This phenomenon happens with most cars these days and cracking another window takes care of it.
Yep, my F-150 even does it.
Old 12/31/16, 05:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Anybody resolved this issue?

I took my car to another ford dealer and they said that the driver door isn't aligned properly. They didn't have a body shop to take care of it. So i still have the issue.

Is that really what's causing it? or the weather stripping? The stripping looks fine, but then again i could be wrong as hell.
Old 12/31/16, 05:33 PM
GT Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Are you referring to the buffeting at the window when it is down, at speeds over 50? If so there is nothing that can be done. It is a causal relationship to between the speed of the car and the aerodynamics of the vehicle. There is nothing you can do as almost all vehicles do this! do you drive with your seat belt on? Is the noise coming from the left or right side? I had the same noise and it was traced to the passenger seat belt buckle knocking against the door trim when not in use.

Last edited by Dr Plastic; 12/31/16 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12/31/16, 06:20 PM
Bullitt Member

No, im talking about when the driver side window is all the way shut. I mean it's not normal. It's perfectly fine when the window is down slightly or all the way.
Old 1/1/17, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the rattling issue on the lhs rear side interior panel as well, also when I open the door with the window's up there's kind of a loud clunk and vibration...
Old 1/1/17, 08:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
IceD, sorry I misunderstood. I was thinking it was happening when the window was down. So no, that's not normal. Mine is quiet as a church mouse when the window is up. Good luck.
Old 2/7/17, 01:41 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iceD
No, im talking about when the driver side window is all the way shut. I mean it's not normal. It's perfectly fine when the window is down slightly or all the way.
I have this same issue, did you figure out what it was
Old 2/9/17, 07:51 AM
GT Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Have you added any aftermarket exterior parts like air dams, chin spoilers, splitters or a different hood or hood vents. mirror caps?