2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Steeda not doing v6 tune?

Old 12/8/16, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steeda not doing v6 tune?

Hello, first post here, and first mustang. When I was 15 my uncle let me drive his 69 Mach 1 and from that day I wanted a mustang. 26 years later I finally bought one. It is nothing like the mach 1 as far as power but it is still nice and I am looking forward to modding it out. I have a 2008 v6. one of the things I would like to get is a tuner. more or less it's the first thing I am going to buy so I can tie things together as I change them. I've been doing my research and ton of reading online. It came down to deciding between a steeda tune or bama. I settled on steeda. I look on there website but didn't see the sct x4 in my year car, so I called. the gentleman I talked to said they don't tune a v6. I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea why not? I know I read lots of reviews from people that had steeda tunes on there v6s. Are the gains that minimal thst they would stop doing them?I would think you still need a tune when you are changing cold air intakes or changing gears. I picked steeda because from what I read there tune isn't as aggressive as bama. I pretty much baby my car as it has taken me many years to finally buy one. guess I'll call bama and discuss what I want.
Old 12/8/16, 10:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
Welcome to TMS. I always thought they had a tune for the 6 popper. Guess not. Save your cash
Old 12/8/16, 12:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Hello,

I want to provide some insight - we do indeed have a V6 tune.

You will get HP gains, better throttle response and the ability to add a few parts and change tire and gear sizes.

If you have any questions - please call Matt H. at 1800 950 0774.

Thank you.

TJ
The following users liked this post:
Buckshot Barry (12/9/16)
Old 12/8/16, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matt, that is the number I called, but I will call again when I get sometime and ask for you. I appreciate your time.
Old 12/8/16, 03:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Leupie
Matt, that is the number I called, but I will call again when I get sometime and ask for you. I appreciate your time.
From what I understand, he was responding to the S550 EcoBoost tune ... we'll get you taken care of either way!

TJ

Search this Thread