Ecoboost

Trunk Panel Replacement Issues and Dealer Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10/22/16, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Panel Replacement Issues and Dealer Issues

Hey All,

So if first notice that the trunk panel driver side was warped or shifted. After researching I saw on this forum that it is a common issue an can be fixed. I had taken my car in to my local for dealer, the dealer where I purchased the car from, and proceeded to get my 15k service and the warranty service on the panel. The service adviser said it is common but they never fix it but will order a part try to fix the problem. Seeing that I know people have had this issue fixed I really thought they could fix it. Well this is where the brown stuff hit the fan. Over the course of the week they ended up poring oil all over the top of my engine and the bay it self. They "cleaned" the bay with it looks like conditioning oil and a high pressure wash. On top of that they replaced the part, did not even attempt to align it correctly and... dented the truck. It looks like they tried to get the panel off with a screw driver and ended up leaving leverage dents under the spoiler.

I called Ford and their response to the replacement not being aligned is that they stand behind their dealer if they say it cant be fixed. So this is where I am completely lost. The dealer is going to bondo and pain the dent, which I really don't want, and they still are not going to fix the issue I had with the panel in the first place. I have already got really upset with them and it seems like they are not providing quality work. I would have taken the car to a different dealer but now that there are dents on it, I don't think I can. How do I get the dealer to do this correctly?!?

This is my first car I have ever bought. I am not happy with Ford and I am not happy with the dealer. I have the 2016 Ecoboost and love driving it so much but this dealer is the absolute worst.

Any advice on this would be great. I have attached images.
Attached Thumbnails Trunk Panel Replacement Issues and Dealer Issues-6.jpg   Trunk Panel Replacement Issues and Dealer Issues-2.jpg   Trunk Panel Replacement Issues and Dealer Issues-3.jpg   Trunk Panel Replacement Issues and Dealer Issues-7.jpg  

Last edited by Chris Williams; 10/22/16 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11/5/16, 09:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have no idea where you reside, but I would first, take the car to a paintless dent repair shop and have them look at the dents in the trunk. I have had several repaired on my wifes Jeep door and on my previous Tuxedo Black SHO. The repairs have been perfect. Don't let those idiots bondo anything! As for the panel, again a good body shop should be able to fix it for you, possibly the same one that will repair the dents. Down side...you pay for it, but it looks better then new. Anytime someone wants to "bondo" and paint a small dent in this day and age, run as fast as you can.