GT

Help with 2000 GT 4.6L

Search this Thread

Old 10/21/16, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with 2000 GT 4.6L

Hey everyone. I am new to this forum. I just purchased my first mustang a couple of days ago. Its a 2000 GT 4.6L. Its got 99,000 miles
H&R red lowering springs
Bilstein shocks
Cobra Brake package
Borla stinger cat back exhaust
10th anniversary cobra rims
K&N Cold air intake Mach 1 grill delete
2000 svt cobra front bumper
Mach 1 chin spoiler.

It apparently just got the automatic transmission rebuilt. However, every once in a while when i go to drive it, the car wants to stay in first gear. The problem goes away once i put it into park, then back in drive again. Does anyone have any insight on what this might be. I also noticed it was leaking a tiny bit of transmission fluid only when it sits overnight. I went ahead and took a look under there and noticed it is leaking from the corner of the transmission fluid pan. Im hoping this is only a bad seal or gasket. The low trans fluid light is on but the fluid levels are full. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. i can post pictures if needed. thank you in advance
Old 10/22/16, 07:54 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Since the trans shifts with fluid pressure. Pull the dip stick and check the fluid. Also smell it to see if it is burnt. You also might want to pull the pan and change the filter and top off the trans with some fresh fluid. Good Luck.