Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

1st post, 1st Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 9/28/16, 10:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
1st post, 1st Mustang

I need some help.

I have just inherited a 2012 PW V6 with pony package. It belonged to my father in law, who was a life long mustang fan.

Anyway, its not in too bad of shape overall and I want to keep it. I have been cleaning it up and I want to get a retro look to it. I have window louvers that I think will start to give me the look I'm wanting. When I looked underneath the front end though... I saw two pieces of bailing wire... It looks like he had it put on there after some front end damage. Later, I heard from the wife that he had to drive off the road in order to not hit another car.

Great...

I will post some pics later, but it looks like these two wires are holding down the bottom/back of the bumper cover to the frame. Other than the two pieces of wire, the rest of the cover looks--- OK from a distance...

Anyway, could someone put up a picture of what it should actually look like without the damage underneath? Those wires have to go that is for sure. I want to make sure that if I remove these that the whole front end doesn't just fall off!

Thanks for the help!

PS, this is the first car that I have had since 1983 that I actually enjoy driving! The last car I actually really really liked was my 1975 firebird formula. Unfortuantely I had to sell it and I have missed it ever since. My mustang reminds me A LOT of it and I find myself going back to those times of dating, getting married and fun!
The following users liked this post:
ofequipmentgolf (10/10/16)
Old 9/28/16, 11:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Welcome to the Mustang Source. Pics might help for people to give advice.
Old 9/28/16, 11:30 PM

OK, I'll get them up just as soon as it's daylight! LOL!
Old 9/30/16, 02:11 AM

Hey, I think I just figured it out. There is nothing behind the bumper cover underneath. There is supposed to be a big plastic cover that attaches there with screws. It looks like there might even be an additional part further back that covers the transmission. It has louvers? Anyway the main part is gone, hence the need for the wires.

Where do you guys get your OEM parts from?
Old 10/4/16, 08:32 PM

Old 10/4/16, 08:33 PM

Here are some pictures of my baby.
Old 10/5/16, 10:31 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Welcome to TMS. Looks like it is in pretty good shape. Not able to help with your questions. The louvered item your refer to sounds like maybe some kind of transmission/oil cooler?
The following 2 users liked this post by shaneyusa:
larrykmontgomery@gmail.co (10/5/16), ofequipmentgolf (10/10/16)
Old 10/5/16, 11:09 PM

I found a picture of it. I'll post it now. The big plastic part that attaches to the bumper cover was completely missing. It probably tore loose when Orville went off the road. I have a new one in the mail. Behind that is the smaller cover with the louvers that I mentioned. I am not sure but I don't think that the 2012's had that second cover underneath, but I could be wrong.

Man, I can't tell you how much I love driving this car! I know now what Orville was always talking about.

Do you know what kind of nuts, bolts or push rivets that I need to attach this beast? It has got to be the biggest piece of plastic I have ever seen on a car!

From right (front) to left (rear). The bumper cover, then that big plastic part. Immediately behind that is that louvered part that I mentioned earlier. Is that part on the 2012 or the 2013? Thanks so much for your help!!<br/>