GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Budget exhaust question?

Search this Thread

Old 8/29/16, 09:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Budget exhaust question?

I came across these pipes on ebay and I'm wondering if anyone has installed them. I couldn't find a review anywhere on the net.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370947883365
Old 8/30/16, 08:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
look like corsa knock offs. Not a bad price and they say they have a resonator in them.
Old 8/30/16, 09:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok I can't believe with over 120 views I have only one response, Thanks Glenn. This is what I've done so far:

FRPP CAI, Throttle body, Intake Plenum, BBK LTH, High Flow Catted X-pipe, Bama Tuned. Trucarbon ram air hood.

My Pypes Pype Bombs are too loud under load and I'm hoping the eBay cheapos are quieter. I'm tired of my neighbors complaining that I keep setting off the car alarms and waking them up on Sunday mornings when I go for a ride.

I'll post a comparison clip of the pipes when I'm done. And I'll start a thread detailing all my mods and hopefully a dyno run sheet showing the after but unfortunately I don't have a before.
Old 9/1/16, 10:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Gigantor
I came across these pipes on ebay and I'm wondering if anyone has installed them. I couldn't find a review anywhere on the net.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370947883365
Originally Posted by Gigantor
Ok I can't believe with over 120 views I have only one response, Thanks Glenn. This is what I've done so far:

FRPP CAI, Throttle body, Intake Plenum, BBK LTH, High Flow Catted X-pipe, Bama Tuned. Trucarbon ram air hood.

My Pypes Pype Bombs are too loud under load and I'm hoping the eBay cheapos are quieter. I'm tired of my neighbors complaining that I keep setting off the car alarms and waking them up on Sunday mornings when I go for a ride.

I'll post a comparison clip of the pipes when I'm done. And I'll start a thread detailing all my mods and hopefully a dyno run sheet showing the after but unfortunately I don't have a before.

You asked if anyone anyone has installed them, don't think a lot have that is why you didn't get many responses. That is why I didn't respond.

Ar they a straight through or baffled muffle. That will make a difference in sound/volume. Why not weld in a couple of small resonators or something on the mid pipe or just in front of the axle? Probably better than going with a cheap pair of mufflers. You get what you pay for.

On a side note, those don't look very big. Though probably quieter than your Pype Bombs I don't think it will make that big of a difference.
Old 9/1/16, 10:54 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
I had a friend who took the resonators from another Mustang and had the tips from his factory GT mufflers welded to them, factory inlets, and hangers added. He installed them in place of his mufflers. They sounded great with no drone and looked like stock mufflers at a glance.
Old 9/3/16, 07:32 AM
Bullitt Member

07 Boss, SpectreH,

Thanks your responses were what I was looking for, you gave me an idea of which way to go.