Sponsored By:

Fuel not Transfering to the Driver Side

Old 7/25/16, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel not Transfering to the Driver Side

This happened about 4 months ago.

I have a 2014 5.0 Mustang Automatic with about 27,000 miles on it

- I refill my car as normal with e85 and drove up to NMRA in Bradenton, Fl
- When I was driving I notice my fuel gauge went from Half a tank to Empty and saying 4 miles to empty. out of no where. so thinking the sensor went bad. I cont to drive and my car shut off and wont start, like it was out of gas.

- so I went got some gas and fill it up all the way but only took 8 gallons, not the 15 to fill it up fully.

- started happening again and again, so I took it to the shop and notice I had a bad pump and fuse went out.

- replace the pump and fuse and was good to go.

- but started again, but the pump is still working and nothing is pop.

- it dyno 850whp+ on a dual 465 walbo e85 return system.

- now its gets annoying when I got to fill up every other day. like my tank is only 7 gallons, cause the passenger side fuel isn't transferring to the driver side.

- so I went in the tank and check, both sending units are good and the crossover tube is good to.

and now I'm getting a Check fuel inlet on my dash.

would anyone knows whats wrong.

I took it to 4 shops and ford and they never seen or heard of this issue before. I just want it fix?
Old 7/25/16, 08:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Ok, I got this now. Been searchin' and stuff. Intriguing problem, but I bet it's the exhaust melting hoses and/or wiring.

The 'check fuel inlet' is the key. You don't have a gas cap, so either the flipper thing isn't sealing properly in the filler tube, or the evap hose got melted. My money is the evap hose is causing all this trouble, given what I'm seein'.

The dealer should have that in stock and replace it for free, AND be sure to get it away from the pipes. Or you can get the pipes wrapped or something to insulate them from the hose.

It's that, or/and melted wiring. That's been mentioned as well. Could be spoofing you on the left/right thing on the saddlebag, and it's just mis-reporting because one sender isn't being seen (it uses them both to calculate your fuel level, which would explain the 'suddenly' thing) because its wiring is compromised.

850 horse is going to put out some heat. Might wanna figure out how to keep them pipes from melting other stuff, like your front control arm bushings... But these problems were/are cropping up on stock cars too, so... something to look at anyway.

Hope that helps in some way... good luck!

Last edited by houtex; 7/25/16 at 09:09 PM.
Old 7/26/16, 12:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had the "Check Fuel Fill Inlet" message and the PCM was throwing EVAP codes. It ended up being a damaged wire near the fuel tank.