Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Steeda HD Strut Mounts vs. Maximum Motorsports CC Plates?

Search this Thread

Old 7/1/16, 08:46 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Steeda HD Strut Mounts vs. Maximum Motorsports CC Plates?

Looking to lower my car 1.5" all around on BMR springs along with 11-14 style Koni Yellows.

I'm leaning towards the 11-14 Steeda HD strut mounts as I don't need the additional caster adjustability of the MM CC plates for street usage. I've also heard stories of the spherical bearing on the MM plates developing a play with time/wear that can lead to a popping sound? I want to avoid any popping/clunking.

Any reservations about using the 11-14 Steeda HD mounts? Are these good to go? Thanks!
Old 7/1/16, 09:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
The Steeda Mounts are fantastic & you won't be disappointed - they have been engineered & manufactured to the highest quality under ISO 9001:2008 conditions.

Our sealed bearing design eliminates the cracking & popping that the OEM mounts cause ... plus our is adjustable for camber, so you can set your camber for street or track use.

I am happy to hep with any questions you may have ... or additional support you may need -- here is a great article on our mounts:

http://www.steeda.com/blog/2012/08/t...-strut-mounts/

BEST IN MARKET
After I lowered my 2012 mustang, I immediately started experiencing popping sounds when I took turns. I looked all over the net trying to find strut mounts to correct the problem. Not an easy task for a 2012, until I found these awesome caster plates by Steeda. 100 folds better and durable than the stuck strut mounts and better than any else on the market today. I strongly recommend these if you are experiencing the same with you 2011 and up lowered mustang or if your planning to lower your stang.
- See more at: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang....8ROi6F2T.dpuf
EXCELLENT STRUT MOUNT
If you are putting new springs or Springs/Struts on your 2011 and up mustang you need these. They are extremely well built, and easy to install (the difference in quality between the factory part and this part is literally shocking). They give you a little bit of Camber adjustment (more than enough to bring a reasonably lowered mustang into specs) with a nice pointer system that can be read through holes in the top of the strut tower. The ride quality is great, not harsh at all. The one issue I had with the install is that a standard impact socket will not fit down into the hole to tighten the strut nut. Easily solved by using a non-impact socket (just make sure you have one big enough before you start).
- See more at: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang....8ROi6F2T.dpuf
Best Regards,

TJ
Old 7/1/16, 09:51 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the info, tj.

If I go with the 11-14 Steeda mounts, I will need the rubber spring isolator from a stock 11-14 strut mount correct? I will not be re-using my stock parts, so I will purchase this separately. Thanks.
Old 7/1/16, 12:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I have the ground control cc plates. They come with the rubber isolated. They also have more adjustment than the steeda units. Not bashing steeda, almost all my other parts are steeda. I just think the ground control units were better in this case.
Old 7/1/16, 03:11 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. V
I have the ground control cc plates. They come with the rubber isolated. They also have more adjustment than the steeda units. Not bashing steeda, almost all my other parts are steeda. I just think the ground control units were better in this case.
I have been using Steeda HD mounts along with many other suspension parts from them since March of this year. Wow, what a difference. I have -2 deg of camber up front and it makes a huge difference in handling. I consistently pull over 1g at the track on street tires, and noticed a lap time improvement as well. Best of all no noise at all from the Steeda mounts. I've been very happy with my setup, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who's car doubles as a daily and weekend track vehicle
Old 7/1/16, 07:29 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
And apparently when I post from my phone my signature doesn't show up with all my mods. So here
Old 7/1/16, 08:02 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
I can't speak to the other options since I have the Steeda mounts as well on my 2011. Appear to be a quality item and no problems so far.
Old 7/2/16, 07:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
If I go with the 11-14 Steeda mounts, I will need the rubber spring isolator from a stock 11-14 strut mount correct? I will not be re-using my stock parts, so I will purchase this separately. Thanks.
Yes, you will need the rubber spring isolator.

We are currently having our 4th of July Sale - 10% savings

Best Regards,

TJ