Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

07 mustang squeaks when side is shook

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/16, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 mustang squeaks when side is shook

okay so i just bought this car and drove it 100 miles now this squeak has surfaced when driving around. so we were trying to listen to it and when my friend shook around in the passanger seat while the car was off you could hear a squeak on that side. anyone know what it could be? it seemed to get worse as i put another 200 miles on the car.
Old 5/26/16, 09:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Easier way is to grab the fenders/quarterpanels at the wheel wells and pull up and shove down on the car, making it 'bounce', and that way you can hear the groans in the right areas.

You already know it's the right side, but how about front to back?

My guess is the bushings. Either the front control arm or the rear control arm. With a possibility of the strut or shock making groans. These are it typically is when these noises start up.

Might want to take it somewhere and put it up on a rack, have it looked at.

Good luck, hope that helps!
Old 5/27/16, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by houtex
Easier way is to grab the fenders/quarterpanels at the wheel wells and pull up and shove down on the car, making it 'bounce', and that way you can hear the groans in the right areas.

My guess is the bushings. Either the front control arm or the rear control arm. With a possibility of the strut or shock making groans. These are it typically is when these noises start up.

il try doing that, i was sitting in the passanger seat and if i move a certain way i hear the squeak so im thinkin its the seat but im not exactly sure, idk how you could hear that from the outside though
Old 5/27/16, 09:46 AM

there are no groans just a little squeak normally shifting 1st/2nd/3rd but im pretty sure its not the transmission since the car makes the noise while turned off. also i dont hear the noise if im going like 60 and put it in neutral and cost to a stop going over bumps and such.
Old 5/27/16, 09:52 AM

i make the cars suspension compress a little couldn't really get it to move much but i didn't hear anything. but if i press the front right part of the seat you sit on it makes a squeaky noise. but like i said how would this be heard from outside and why would it make the noise when nobodys sitting in it?
Old 5/30/16, 11:31 PM

never mind its the lower control arms in the rear, i sprayed some lubricant on them and i think it went away būt i will see