Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A C Died Right On Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 5/25/16, 10:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
A C Died Right On Schedule

So this morning I got in my car to leave the gym and the AC is not blowing cold air. The car just turned over 37K so sure enough the AC died with right about the same mileage as everyone else who has had their AC go out. Amazing how it gets just past the bumper to bumper warranty and then dies isn't it? Well fortunately for me I paid for an extended service warranty out to 100K so I'm covered along with my $100 deductible. But that of course did not stop the dealership from being a typical dealership. When I called the service department to tell them I am going to bring the car in they informed me that they couldn't even take the car until Monday, fully five days away. Additionally they started giving me flak right off the bat about a loaner car when I stated I would need a loaner. The dealership here plays this game of not authorizing a loaner until a mechanic declares that the work is covered by warranty and then you have to make it a point to get them to reimburse you for the cost of a rental car. This happened to me when I took the car in for a leaking pinion seal. Well I wasn't playing that game this time, the AC is not blowing cold air. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's a warranty claim and I paid a lot of money for an extended warranty for a good reason. So I just started chewing butt and worked my way up the chain until I go to the right person. End result? I drop the car off in the morning and they will have a loaner car waiting for me at their expense until they get my car fixed. I've purchased three brand new vehicles from this dealership and seriously considering a 4WD Ranger Crew Cab when they bring the new Ranger out so I just reminded them that if this is the best they can do than maybe I don't need to be buying vehicles there anymore. The man I spoke to who finally authorized a loaner car was indeed very helpful and professional but I shouldn't have to go through all that just to get the dealership to do what they should have done in the first place. I don't ask any more of them than I would expect of myself and given that I paid a couple grand for an extended warranty I don't think its asking too much. If I wanted to be treated like every other shmo that just opted for the factory warranty I wouldn't have spent the extra money. I take excellent care of my vehicles and I expect the dealership to be as professional about it as I am. So, end result is they are doing the right thing but not until I made them do the right thing.
Old 5/26/16, 12:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
**** that sucks I'm rolling up on 30k now
Old 5/26/16, 04:55 AM
GT Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
It's amazing that they will bend over backwards to sell a car, yet when you truly need help, they make you wait, deny claims, etc. Then they wonder why clients don't return to purchase repairs or cars from them in the future. YOU SELL IT, YOU FIX IT. Real simple concept in my opinion.
The following users liked this post:
3point7 (5/26/16)
Old 5/26/16, 08:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
In my experience it always takes getting Ford corporate involved for them to be helpful. They don't care about disappointing one customer, but I think their good standing with Ford is a big deal to them. They go from barely acknowledging me to white glove service once the Ford regional service manager is breathing down their necks. Sad that it always has to come to that, but what can you do...
Old 5/26/16, 08:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
I personally would never shop at that dealer again.
Old 5/26/16, 10:42 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
I can sorta understand having to go up the chain ONE time. After that if they don't respect you for any future services then it's time to move on!
Old 5/26/16, 01:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm at 38k, should I be panicking?
Old 5/26/16, 06:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

So dropped the car off this morning and they put me in an F150 Super Crew. They called me a few hours later and told me that the seals were definitely leaking and that the seals are not covered under the extended warranty but they might be leaking because the compressor is bad and if the compressor is bad the whole thing is covered, seals and all. So I asked them how much to replace the seals and they said $200. I said go ahead so we can find out if the compressor is bad. I already knew the compressor was bad because there was no load being put on the motor when I would engage the AC button. Sure enough, the compressor is shot. It's going to take them two or three days to get another one in and get it fixed. They are covering the cost of my loaner until then. So right off the bat my extended warranty is saving me about $1200. I spoke to the sales manager this morning about the run around I got yesterday until I finally dealt with the right man who knew how to handle business and because of that man they will sell me a pretty expensive diesel Ranger in a couple years. But if I keep getting the nonsense maybe I go look at a Toyota. When you pay this kind of money for cars you should expect better than "seeya in five days sucka". At least someone at the dealership realizes that.
Old 5/27/16, 03:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JonsMustang
I'm at 38k, should I be panicking?
I'll let you decide

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...nt-out-522446/
Old 5/27/16, 03:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

By the way if you pay a visit to rock auto and price out some compressors for the V6 Mustang what you 'll find is that the Motorcraft Compressor with clutch is $207.79 while the Four Seasons Compressor with clutch is $579.79. You get what you pay for ladies and gentlemen. The Motocraft compressor is almost surely substandard for that kind of money. This is why they tend to go out with 30 to 50K on the clock. The best you can hope for is that you lose yours before 3 years and 36K or get an extended warranty because it's only a matter of time.
Old 5/27/16, 06:25 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Sorry to hear of your situation - but am glad it's getting fixed.

I have turned on the AC in Marilyn 2 times. Once on a somewhat warm 2 hour trip to a car show in another city. The other was a few days ago, for about 15 minutes since I reloaded my tune to learn the new O2 sensor locations from my headers, and it needs to learn how to handle the AC load.

Other than that, I drive with my windows down so I can hear Hells Bells playing from engine all the way to my exhausts.
Old 5/27/16, 04:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Yikes getting nervious, mine rolled over 30,000 this month! And I'm reading the other thread where people are being quoted 1200-2600 for a repair! Thats alot.
Old 5/27/16, 10:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Sorry to hear of your situation - but am glad it's getting fixed.

I have turned on the AC in Marilyn 2 times. Once on a somewhat warm 2 hour trip to a car show in another city. The other was a few days ago, for about 15 minutes since I reloaded my tune to learn the new O2 sensor locations from my headers, and it needs to learn how to handle the AC load.

Other than that, I drive with my windows down so I can hear Hells Bells playing from engine all the way to my exhausts.
You are indeed fortunate. That's not really an option here in the south where we get 95 degree days and 90% humidity in the summer. lol
The following users liked this post:
13_ImpactBlue_GT (5/29/16)
Old 5/27/16, 10:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 3point7
You are indeed fortunate. That's not really an option here in the south where we get 95 degree days and 90% humidity in the summer. lol
Yes my ac stays on lol very rarely do I get to enjoy riding with the windows down! I would kill for some cooled seats. Drove a 15 with them they are awesome!!!!!
Old 5/27/16, 10:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow I literally thought I was alone when mine went to crap. Prob is my extended warranty was through my credit union, so we had alot of going back and forth and no one wanted to cover it. they broke it all down and found metal shavings from the compressor was in the entire system, so they had to replace everything. ended up being 4k worth of work, and of course I only paid 1k for the extended warranty so I have a feeling someone didnt want to pay up. But finally they did but it ended up being at the dealer for almost a month. glad you were able to get yours fix and thanks for the info on the compressor since this seems to be the main issue in almost all of the breakdowns I have seen as well.
Old 5/28/16, 12:18 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
In all my years of owing Ford, I've only met one outstanding dealership.
Old 5/28/16, 02:12 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
In all my years of owing Ford, I've only met one outstanding dealership.
It's ok because in all my years of owning a jeep, dodge, Chrysler, Chevys, and a Toyota I've never met one even decent dealership.
Old 5/29/16, 02:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by YepItsGreen
Yes my ac stays on lol very rarely do I get to enjoy riding with the windows down! I would kill for some cooled seats. Drove a 15 with them they are awesome!!!!!
+1! Me too. My wife has them in her car and on hot days like today 89 and getting in a hot car they are nice.
Old 5/29/16, 04:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS
+1! Me too. My wife has them in her car and on hot days like today 89 and getting in a hot car they are nice.
Wonder if they can be put in my 13gt that would be sweet
Old 5/30/16, 12:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by YepItsGreen
Wonder if they can be put in my 13gt that would be sweet
I dont know of any kits for the Mustang, and I think that would be a difficult retro fit, fans maybe duct work, electrical, and removing the seat covers, channels in the foam cushion. You would need perforated seat covers for the air to circulate too.

I think it would be easier to replace the entire seat with one that had already was made for it.

Quick Reply: A C Died Right On Schedule