Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Charities?

Search this Thread

Old 5/23/16, 04:56 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Charities?

Any one else donate to a charity or charities here?
I donate to the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. I used to donate 2 times a month, when I had my old job. Now I do once a month, once in a great while I will donate twice a month.
Old 5/23/16, 09:35 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Any one else donate to a charity or charities here?
I donate to the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. I used to donate 2 times a month, when I had my old job. Now I do once a month, once in a great while I will donate twice a month.
I donate a lot of money to charities. I guess I feel a bit guilty for having all that I have after I grew up so freaking poor, with nothing. After a lot of research, I tend to give a lot of money to local charities, that will help people in my local community. I investigate charities and where their money goes, I don't want to give money to a group that is padding their CEOs and other top people with money. Funny you mention it, but St. Jude is one of my favorites. I love what they do for kids.

Does your local St.Judes do the dream home give away every year? They do in my area, they have a local builder build a beautiful huge house and sell tickets for $100 each to win the house. Of course with my bad luck I'm pretty much screwed from the beginning, I ain't gonna win crap. lol.
I have bought many tickets every year for a long time and never won, LOL. I don't really care, but I do get a chuckle out of the fact that I never win, no matter how many tickets I buy, lol.

If you're interested, I give a ton of money to the Shriner's hospitals. I've had family members and friends that were Shriners through the years. Those guys party hard, but do some amazing things for people. We don't have a burn unit in this area anymore, so when someone is burned bad the Shriner's always step in and transport them to one of their burn hospitals, free of charge. Those guys and their hospitals are top notch down here, not a better burn center anywhere in the South than a Shriner's children's hospital.

You should look into it. Do your research, but they are a good place to give.

http://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 5/24/16 at 10:55 AM.
Old 5/24/16, 02:42 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I donate a lot of money to charities. I guess I feel a bit guilty for having all that I have after I grew up so freaking poor, with nothing. After a lot of research, I tend to give a lot of money to local charities, that will help people in my local community. I investigate charities and where their money goes, I don't want to give money to a group that is padding their CEOs and other top people with money. Funny you mention it, but St. Jude is one of my favorites. I love what they do for kids.
Does your local St.Judes do the dream home give away every year? They do in my area, they have a local builder build a beautiful huge house and sell tickets for $100 each to win the house. Of course with my bad luck I'm pretty much screwed from the beginning, I ain't gonna win crap. lol.
I have bought many tickets every year for a long time and never won, LOL. I don't really care, but I do get a chuckle out of the fact that I never win, no matter how many tickets I buy, lol.
If you're interested, I give a ton of money to the Shriner's hospitals. I've had family members and friends that were Shriners through the years. Those guys party hard, but do some amazing things for people. We don't have a burn unit in this area anymore, so when someone is burned bad the Shriner's always step in and transport them to one of their burn hospitals, free of charge. Those guys and their hospitals are top notch down here, not a better burn center anywhere in the South than a Shriner's children's hospital.
You should look into it. Do your research, but they are a good place to give.
http://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/
Very nice Lee. You're a good man!
I wish I could give more, but I cannot. Like I stated in my post, I used to give a lot more when I was making good money before the communists and anti-Americans ruined this Country. (but, that's a story for the political thread.)
I'm pretty sure we don't have the raffle for the home with St. Jude's. I have never heard of it till you mentioned it.
Keep up the good work bro!
Old 5/24/16, 03:08 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
I'm on the Board of the local Boys & Girls Clubs Chapter, and I mainly give to them, but I also give to the Leukemia Society, local League of Animal welfare (every year they have a Road Rally), and Cirrhosis of the Liver chapter from time-to-time . . .
Old 5/24/16, 03:10 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
and Cirrhosis of the Liver chapter from time-to-time . . .
I definitely need to be giving to that one.
Old 5/24/16, 03:26 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Indeed, as I do! My grandma passed away from it, as she had a bad blood transfusion in the 70s and acquired it . .