Adding a Pony package

I was looking for the perfect Mustang for my wife, she wanted the following:
- V6 Premium Convertible
- Deep Impact Blue
- Stone Interior
- Camel Convertible top
- Comfort Package
- Pony Package

Three weeks ago we found one that came close to what she wanted, and it was very low miles and one heck of a deal, so we jumped on it. Only thing missing was the Pony Package. I would like to add it for her.

I did some research and I looks like the Pony Package on the 2014 is cosmetic only. 18" wheels, rear spoiler, Fog lights, Auto Headlights, Pony Grille, Tape Stripe, Pony Floor Mats.
My wife did not like the wheels, the car we found had 201A, so it already has the stripe, rear spoiler and it came with the all weather mats.
So all that is left that she wants are the Fog lights, Auto Headlights, Pony Grille and the side emblems, all of which are available online.
  • For the Fog Lights and Autolamp, I was planning on getting the Ford Accessory fogs DR3Z-15200-AA, and the Strakey Wiring harness with the Autolamp switch.
  • For the Grille, I am going to get the Ford Accessory grille DR3Z-8200-AD
  • For the fender emblems, I was going to get a set of Pony emblems and cut off the pins, since I do not have the fender guide holes.

I need your help in, 1st figuring out if I have the right parts, 2nd what would be the best way to position the fender emblems? and, 3rd whether I should go thru with it or not.
Thank you in advance for the help

Last edited by soaringfalcon; 4/29/16 at 09:23 PM.
Old 5/2/16, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I've got a pony grille from my 13 sitting in my garage. It's yours if you pay shipping.

I'd check CL for used deals on wheels. I sold me for $600 and they had brand new tires.

The fender emblems are easy. Just measure a spot and tape it off so it's equal on both sides.

Shoot me a PM if you want the grille