2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2016 GT ordered

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/16, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 GT ordered

First post here, so excited, ordered a 2016 GT Premium with the performance pack on February 20th. My only issue is that I contacted the dealership today and they said it's showing unscheduled clean. Should it take this long to get a vin and be scheduled for build?
Old 3/15/16, 02:55 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Congrats and welcome to this madhouse. Keep us in the loop and be sure to post pics. What color did you order?
Old 3/15/16, 04:50 PM

After much debate I ordered Race Red. Just getting antsy waiting for a vin that I thought I'd have by now.
Old 3/15/16, 10:20 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Don't fret amigo, if you pay for it, it will come.
Old 3/16/16, 02:21 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Congrats and you chose the fastest color! Look up a Deysha on this forum she can track your car for you.
Old 3/16/16, 04:42 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Cdnpony
After much debate I ordered Race Red.
Good choice.

RR is becoming my new favorite color on both S197's and S550's. Yesterday I was coming back from the gun range and ahead of me was a '13/'14 GT 'convert in RR. It had a GT500 spoiler like mine with black wheels and it snapped my neck getting a look at it. My first thought was how much easier it must be to keep clean.
Old 3/16/16, 06:09 PM

Yeah I've had 2 white mustangs before so I thought I'd change it up lol. I've send Deysha a message a few days ago but it looks like she hasn't been on here since January so I won't hold my breath.
Old 3/17/16, 06:17 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
I didn't realize she's been off the site for that long? Maybe one of our MODS knows why or if there is another contact?
Old 3/17/16, 08:47 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
I didn't realize she's been off the site for that long? Maybe one of our MODS knows why or if there is another contact?
Come to think of it, there don't seem to have been many posts about warranty, dealer, or delivery issues lately. Usually that's when she chimes in.
Old 3/22/16, 09:34 AM

First post here, so excited, ordered a 2016 GT Premium with the performance pack on February 20th. My only issue is that I contacted the dealership today and they said it's showing unscheduled clean. Should it take this long to get a vin and be scheduled for build?
First the plant has some weeks throughout the year that are idle due to plant maintenance or they are doing a build that week on convertables instead of coupes. When I ordered mine the first week nothing was updated. The second week, the build order was confirmed clean. Into the third week I had a vin number. On the 6th week it was built. 7th week it was shipped. 9th week I took delivery. Be patient it will come!!
Old 3/25/16, 04:33 PM

Hi - I ordered mine in January and I literally just got my VIN this week. They gave me a date of April 18th, but couldn't tell me whether or not that was expected delivery or expected production start. I agree, it is a little frustrating waiting over 8 weeks without hearing anything until now. I tried using that online tracker and my VIN doesn't show me anything yet.
Old 3/25/16, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Brinnan
Hi - I ordered mine in January and I literally just got my VIN this week. They gave me a date of April 18th, but couldn't tell me whether or not that was expected delivery or expected production start. I agree, it is a little frustrating waiting over 8 weeks without hearing anything until now. I tried using that online tracker and my VIN doesn't show me anything yet.
That's not good. I ordered mine on New Year's Day and I took delivery March 9th. Would have had it a week earlier but the railroad auto port for my area was backed up getting cars on delivery trucks for dealerships in my area.
Old 3/25/16, 07:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
The time varies by a lot of things. I ordered mine at the end of January (GT Premium PP with every option but Security and Recaros (gotta have cooled seats in AZ)). I took delivery a few days ago. When I ordered, dealer thought it would get here in early April but it came in a few weeks sooner.

Plant or transportation (parts in, cars out) can be affected by weather, parts could be delayed, and shipping is a lottery, the rail car can wait in yards along the way for a "spot", when it get to the last rail yard, offloaded cars can get blocked in by later arrivals if they don't get on a truck in time, etc..
Old 3/25/16, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
The time varies by a lot of things. I ordered mine at the end of January (GT Premium PP with every option but Security and Recaros (gotta have cooled seats in AZ)). I took delivery a few days ago. When I ordered, dealer thought it would get here in early April but it came in a few weeks sooner.

Plant or transportation (parts in, cars out) can be affected by weather, parts could be delayed, and shipping is a lottery, the rail car can wait in yards along the way for a "spot", when it get to the last rail yard, offloaded cars can get blocked in by later arrivals if they don't get on a truck in time, etc..

I ordered every option except the performance package.... And the dealer thinks the original hold was because I ordered red seats. Who knows. Just glad I'm not the only one
Old 3/25/16, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy

Dealerships will always say eight to twelve weeks for delivery. It keeps impatient folk like us from coming down on them if delivery is late and holds any complaints at them off for three months. Lol!! I live in the SF Bay Area so the car traveled over UP's overland route (busy rail corridor) after first being on CN from Flat Rock to Chicago. Within four days of build the car was on a train. The sticky part is your region's auto port. My car arrived at the auto port on Feb 27th. It was still there on March 9th until I requested the dealership to go out there to get my car lol!! I ordered GT Premium, PP, 401A Shaker, Security Package, Recaros, premium yellow jacket interior (to match my triple yellow paint) and got the painted black roof. She's a beauty!!
Old 3/26/16, 08:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by Brinnan
I ordered every option except the performance package.... And the dealer thinks the original hold was because I ordered red seats. Who knows. Just glad I'm not the only one
Nope. I already have my car ordered later than yours (last day in Jan) and it has the Redline interior. The dealers have to just say or speculate some reason without really knowing because they are embarrassed to say the truth: they don't have a clue. LoL

Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 3/26/16 at 08:25 AM.
Old 4/1/16, 11:41 AM

Well dealership called today and said the expected delivery date is May 6th. Car is being built this Monday April 4th,so one month to ship to Vancouver, BC. I'll fly to Detroit and drive it back if they want lol.
Old 5/3/16, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well dealership called today and said the expected delivery date is May 6th. Car is being built this Monday April 4th,so one month to ship to Vancouver, BC. I'll fly to Detroit and drive it back if they want lol.
did you get it yet?
Old 5/3/16, 08:21 PM

Just picked her up on the weekend, love it!
Attached Thumbnails 2016 GT ordered-20160430_160706.jpg  
Old 5/5/16, 12:56 AM

Congrats! Beautiful car.

Quick Reply: 2016 GT ordered