Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

'14 Canadian GT Vert in the US

Search this Thread

Old 7/15/15, 05:43 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 Canadian GT Vert in the US

I just purchased a used, loaded 14 GT Vert from an Illinois dealer Buick Dealer. They purchased the car via auction. Turns out it has a North American VIN but a Canadian window sticker . The original owner was the Ontario Ministry of Transportation. The CarFax was clean so it wasn't used as a crash test vehicle or anything.

I corresponded with Deysha. She assured me that as a North American Car, the remaining warranty and registration in the US is no problem.

My question to you folks is, the fog lights are configured as daytime running lights. Since it already has the has the DRL LED bars on the headlights, to me, that's kinda redundant. Can my favorite local Ford dealer turn them off via ecu or smart junction box? Could I also I turn them off with Bama X4/SF4?

Last edited by ustabawannab; 7/15/15 at 05:47 AM.
Old 7/15/15, 06:34 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ustabawannab
I just purchased a used, loaded 14 GT Vert from an Illinois dealer Buick Dealer. They purchased the car via auction. Turns out it has a North American VIN but a Canadian window sticker . The original owner was the Ontario Ministry of Transportation. The CarFax was clean so it wasn't used as a crash test vehicle or anything.

I corresponded with Deysha. She assured me that as a North American Car, the remaining warranty and registration in the US is no problem.

My question to you folks is, the fog lights are configured as daytime running lights. Since it already has the has the DRL LED bars on the headlights, to me, that's kinda redundant. Can my favorite local Ford dealer turn them off via ecu or smart junction box? Could I also I turn them off with Bama X4/SF4?
You should address this with your nearest Ford Dealer, ustabawannab. The service manager or parts manager would be in the best position to help. You can find your nearest dealer here.

Deysha
Old 7/15/15, 06:52 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Morning Jeff - (Deysha - To the rescue!) I just wanted to stop by and say congratulations on the new purchase. As much as I wish that the Bama Tuner were able to disable the DRL's it's unable to do so (I happen to think they look pretty good too) aside from being a safety feature. Drop me a line if there's ever anything I can help out with and if you don't have our MustangSource Discount Code just let me know and I'll get you set up.

Alex
Old 7/16/15, 05:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Absolutely Ford can do this. It's a straight switch flip in IDS.
Old 7/16/15, 06:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by 5LHO
Absolutely Ford can do this. It's a straight switch flip in IDS.
Yes I have encountered this in IDS and they will definitely be able to do it! IDS can do just about everything to your car except change the mileage!
Old 7/16/15, 08:24 PM
GT Member

Thanks folks's. My wife and I decided to leave 'm on. The way drivers are today maybe I should be more conspicuous. I can't wait to get some FRPP sport axlebacks like I had on my V6 Coupe. They'll see and hear me

Man I love Mustangs

Last edited by ustabawannab; 7/16/15 at 08:25 PM.
Old 7/16/15, 08:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks folks's. My wife and I decided to leave 'm on. The way drivers are today maybe I should be more conspicuous. I can't wait to get some FRPP sport axlebacks like I had on my V6 Coupe. They'll see and hear me

Man I love Mustangs
Go with the GT500 Axle backs you wont regret it there pimping!
Old 8/26/15, 01:00 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by awoychosky123
Yes I have encountered this in IDS and they will definitely be able to do it! IDS can do just about everything to your car except change the mileage!
Car was in the shop today. The service adviser told me the tech could not find the setting in the computer. I definitely have a Canadian VIN. I mentioned that the actual setting was in the SJB but they said they have to go through the main computer to get to it and it isn't there.

I have to take their word for it. Not like I could look over their shoulder. I really don't care for the fog lights acting as the DRL's. I'd rather just have the LEDs. I was in a drive though. It was slow so I kept putting the car in Park. When I do that, the lights go off. The guy ahead of me was probably thinking I was flashing him.
Old 8/26/15, 04:16 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here in Canada you can play "spot the American car" by the conspicuous absence of the DRLs.

We're used to it as it's been around here since the '90s.
Old 8/27/15, 07:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Car was in the shop today. The service adviser told me the tech could not find the setting in the computer. I definitely have a Canadian VIN. I mentioned that the actual setting was in the SJB but they said they have to go through the main computer to get to it and it isn't there.

I have to take their word for it. Not like I could look over their shoulder. I really don't care for the fog lights acting as the DRL's. I'd rather just have the LEDs. I was in a drive though. It was slow so I kept putting the car in Park. When I do that, the lights go off. The guy ahead of me was probably thinking I was flashing him.
Hahaha thats great, I wish I could do that with my manual. If you lived closer I would come over with my IDS and try to do it for you
Old 5/3/16, 07:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I just had the Lower fog lights put on (At Grappone Ford NH) my 2013 GT Premium, The upper fog lights and the lower fog lights both come on when I pull the switch, the lowers don't seem to bright, I wonder if it's a Power/amperage problem?