Saleen

The 2015 Saleen 302 Black Label Mustang is Yellow, but Not Mellow

Search this Thread

Old 6/17/15, 03:22 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Thanks Rocky. I wasn't being a wise *** or facetious about asking. I want to know what you knew about the company.
Actually,...that is the same name of the guy that contacted me,...Derek. I have his phone number if you are interested. I can PM it to you.
I have heard about Saleen possibly going out of business,...but I don't think they would take on the 2015 if that were the case. But,....weirder things have happened. lol I will have to look at that link you attached.
Thanks for the info Rocky. I appreciate it.
Old 6/17/15, 06:13 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,584 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Thanks Rocky. I wasn't being a wise *** or facetious about asking. I want to know what you knew about the company.
Actually,...that is the same name of the guy that contacted me,...Derek. I have his phone number if you are interested. I can PM it to you.
I have heard about Saleen possibly going out of business,...but I don't think they would take on the 2015 if that were the case. But,....weirder things have happened. lol I will have to look at that link you attached.
Thanks for the info Rocky. I appreciate it.
I never took anything you posted as being a wise *** or facetious at all As you have every right to make certain that what someone is posting about a particular company is accurate..

What I know about Saleen as a company is from my own personal experiences that go back nearly 2 years ago when I attempted to inquire info regarding Saleen supercharger parts for my 2006 GT, however all I got to show for my trouble was getting bounced around from one voice mail inbox to another and despite leaving numerous messages, nobody from their tech support dept never bothered to return any of them..

So I ended up submitting several complaints regarding Saleen's poor customer service and received a phone call from one of the office managers who I listed in my last post that claimed the reason was due to being short staffed but were in the process of hiring new customer service/tech support reps and assured me that someone would contact me the following day to address my concerns, but once again nobody bothered to follow up so I called back the next day to find out why and after leaving several more messages I finally received a call back 2 days later and their reason/excuse this time around was that everyone was busy in a staff meeting including the office manager in question and was once again reassured that somebody would call back the next day, but needless to say the next day came and went just as it did before..

So I finally got fed up wasting my time and did not contact anyone from Saleen until 7 months ago when I called in behalf of a friend of mine who was interested in purchasing a 2014 Saleen S302 Black Label edition..

This is when I was provided Derek Hall's phone number and was referred by Lina the (office manager) to contact him.. But as your fully aware, you already know how that all turned out from my previous post..

As a direct result, my friend also got fed up waiting around on Saleen and ended up purchasing a 2009 ZL1 Corvette instead..

With that being said, whether or not Saleen remains in business ? One thing is for certain.. They lost my respect as a customer and I'm sure they also lost plenty of others in the process as well..

As for Derek Hall's number is concerned ? I still have it in my address book, but if you still want to PM it over to me ? That's fine, however I really don't have a reason to contact him any longer..

In the meantime when you get a chance, check out the link I posted for you from yesterday.. I'm quite sure you'll find it very interesting..

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 6/18/15 at 02:40 PM.
Old 6/18/15, 02:08 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
In the meantime when you get a chance, check out the link I posted for you from yesterday.. I'm quite sure you'll find it very interesting..
Yeah,.....I agree. That is not good customer service at all and I can see why you and your friend were swayed away from them.
I will have to check out that link now before I forget. (Again! lol)
Thanks Rocky!

Last edited by Stage_3; 6/18/15 at 02:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 6/18/15, 03:01 PM

Yeah,.....I agree. That is not good customer service at all and I can see why you and your friend were swayed away from them.
I will have to check out that link now before I forget. (Again! lol)
Thanks Rocky!
I'm always glad to be helpful in anyway possible.. As I don't want to see anyone else go through what I did.. And my friend that I told you about was also the original owner of a 2008 Saleen Extreme convertible in which he factory ordered back in mid 2007..

Needless to say, Saleen also lost him as a customer as well.. Oh and btw: I also didn't get your name
Old 6/18/15, 03:08 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I'm always glad to be helpful in anyway possible.. As I don't want to see anyone else go through what I did.. And my friend that I told you about was also the original owner of a 2008 Saleen Extreme convertible in which he factory ordered back in mid 2007..
Needless to say, Saleen also lost him as a customer as well.. Oh and btw: I also didn't get your name
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA
My name is Tony.

I did some digging, or research, and came up with this,......http://soec.org/saleen-automotive-si...ars-and-parts/

Maybe this is what's helping Saleen right now? The cars are still being made in California, but being shipped to China.
Old 6/18/15, 03:28 PM

HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA
My name is Tony.

I did some digging, or research, and came up with this,......http://soec.org/saleen-automotive-si...ars-and-parts/

Maybe this is what's helping Saleen right now? The cars are still being made in California, but being shipped to China.
Nice to meet you Tony lol.

I just checked out the research you provided, and perhaps the licensing agreement for parts/cars may help Saleen survive ? But I still have my doubts after reading the article link that I provided for you.. So don't forget to read it over when you get a chance