Limited Edition 50th

My Limited Edition body panels don't fit well.

Search this Thread

Old 12/26/14, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info, it sounds like the rubber bumper should take care of the hood adjustment, so I tried it. Facing the car, it did help somewhat to my left but I could not get any improvement to my right, all it did was allow that side of the hood to come too close to the inside of the front quarter panel line.
Old 12/26/14, 08:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by stang1
Thanks for the info, it sounds like the rubber bumper should take care of the hood adjustment, so I tried it. Facing the car, it did help somewhat to my left but I could not get any improvement to my right, all it did was allow that side of the hood to come too close to the inside of the front quarter panel line.
Do you have a hard time closing the hood? In addition to that symptom, the alignment can be off because the hood latch assembly needs to be readjusted, as I mentioned in a previous post.
Old 12/26/14, 08:37 PM
Cobra Member

My 2015 GT PP that I picked up one week ago is perfect from a body panel fitment standpoint. Quality is outstanding and I am beyond happy. Paint was perfect as well. I have gone over it with a fine tooth comb. No complaints, just big smiles.
Old 12/26/14, 08:44 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by todd03blown
My 2015 GT PP that I picked up one week ago is perfect from a body panel fitment standpoint. Quality is outstanding and I am beyond happy. Paint was perfect as well. I have gone over it with a fine tooth comb. No complaints, just big smiles.
Umm there is still barely any pics of your guys cars in the lets see your latest pic thread. You guys are being greedy :-)
Old 12/26/14, 09:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
Umm there is still barely any pics of your guys cars in the lets see your latest pic thread. You guys are being greedy :-)
I will get some up in the next day or so
Old 12/26/14, 09:19 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Awesome!^
Old 12/26/14, 09:28 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
Awesome!^
Just posted pictures taken with my cell phone.
Old 12/27/14, 07:25 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Summer before last i went on a factory 'tour' of the F150 assy plant in Michigan. The last thing done to every truck before it is driven out to be shipped is.................. two robots check the gaps of the hood, doors and fenders.................Just saying
Old 12/27/14, 07:40 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by David Young
Summer before last i went on a factory 'tour' of the F150 assy plant in Michigan. The last thing done to every truck before it is driven out to be shipped is.................. two robots check the gaps of the hood, doors and fenders.................Just saying
Were they Monday or Wednesday robots?

>And what do they do if they find errors?
Old 12/27/14, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Do you have a hard time closing the hood? In addition to that symptom, the alignment can be off because the hood latch assembly needs to be readjusted, as I mentioned in a previous post.
Thanks Tony, The hood closes ok, your suggestion may be the problem so I am going to set an appointment with my dealer. I will also give Deysha the information so that she can follow up on the issues I'm having.
Old 12/27/14, 01:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
I go back to the 60s, had a 65 fastback and a 70 Boss 302 so I completely get what you are saying. I guess that in my mind, Ford had set the bar higher in regards to quality, in the end they are just assembly line cars being cranked out by the minute. I just need to let it go.
I agree, The 05-09 had miss aligned stuff also.
Old 12/27/14, 01:36 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,955 Likes on 1,583 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
I agree, The 05-09 had miss aligned stuff also.
Yes ! They sure do.. As certain areas on the drivers side of my 2006 hood are raised 1/16" higher above the fender edge
Old 12/28/14, 08:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

mass production.... better not slow the line down or the bean counters will take note of that
Old 12/29/14, 06:58 AM
GT Member

Unfortunately, I haven't had luck with first year runs myself. my 2004 F-150 was loaded with gremlins, my 2004 and 2013 Mustangs .............perfect!
Old 12/29/14, 09:31 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks Tony, The hood closes ok, your suggestion may be the problem so I am going to set an appointment with my dealer. I will also give Deysha the information so that she can follow up on the issues I'm having.
Definitely keep me posted, stang1.

Deysha
Old 12/29/14, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by FordService
Definitely keep me posted, stang1.

Deysha
Hi Deysha, I have tried to PM you but I am a little challenged to say the least with communication on the computer, I don't use Facebook or twitter. I took the car to my dealer today and it is a wrinkle in the metal. It will take repainting the complete rear quarter panel. The body shop manager is worried about a good match to the Wimbledon White.

To be honest, there are so many issues with the body, I cannot believe this car ever passed QC. As I have stated before, the hood is not even close to being right in the front, I just found a 2 in area on the hood that is pushed out in the shape of a line. Almost all the back panels fail to aline correctly.

I called Ford today and conveyed to them that I am no longer interested in keeping this car, if Ford wants to replace it with one; that I am sure has the same quality of the ones being bought by various top Ford executives, I would be very happy to listen. I am dropping off the car at the dealership tomorrow first thing, I am over it and do not wish to see it again.

Thank you

Last edited by stang1; 12/30/14 at 12:04 PM. Reason: personal info
Old 12/29/14, 08:16 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

WOW, if it's as bad as you say Alan that is unacceptable! I hope it works out for you.
Old 12/29/14, 09:16 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,955 Likes on 1,583 Posts
Alan ! I don't blame you one bit for returning your car back to Ford, as this is totally unacceptable.. I'm also very surprised that your car passed QC as well..

Hopefully Ford will do the right thing by replacing your car A.S.A.P
Old 12/29/14, 09:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I guess we can never assume a new car will be up to snuff. We should always give them a once over before driving off the lot or better yet signing papers. Its to bad you didn't notice this stuff before hand.
Old 12/30/14, 07:11 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hi Deysha, I have tried to PM you but I am a little challenged to say the least with communication on the computer, I don't use Facebook or twitter. I took the car to my dealer today and it is a wrinkle in the metal. It will take repainting the complete rear quarter panel. The body shop manager is worried about a good match to the Wimbledon White.

To be honest, there are so many issues with the body, I cannot believe this car ever passed QC. As I have stated before, the hood is not even close to being right in the front, I just found a 2 in area on the hood that is pushed out in the shape of a line. Almost all the back panels fail to align correctly.

The dealer is Jarrett Gordon Ford in Davenport, Fl. mileage 110 mi.

I called Ford today and conveyed to them that I am no longer interested in keeping this car, if Ford wants to replace it with one; that I am sure has the same quality of the ones being bought by various top Ford executives, I would be very happy to listen. I am dropping off the car at the dealership tomorrow first thing, I am over it and do not wish to see it again.

Thank you
Hey stang1,

I see you have proactively contacted our CRC yesterday and we have already escalated your concerns. Please stay in contact with your CSM until this has been addressed for you. Keep me updated.

P.S. Please delete your personal info from your previous post.

Deysha

Quick Reply: My Limited Edition body panels don't fit well.