Limited Edition 50th

My Limited Edition body panels don't fit well.

Search this Thread

Old 12/25/14, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
That is disappointing. For sure take it to the dealer and get Deysha involved. Try to keep your emotions out of it though, you'll get farther with honey...you know the saying
i don't blame the dealer at all, they have treated me super through the complete buying process, i would recommend them to anyone. They never charged one penny mark up, I would never been able to own a LE if it were not for them.
Old 12/25/14, 12:22 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,964 Likes on 1,589 Posts
It's the factory at fault, and IMHO.. I would have Ford take the car back and exchange it for another LE edition where the body panels fit and are lined up properly !
Old 12/25/14, 12:39 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
It's the factory at fault, and IMHO.. I would have Ford take the car back and exchange it for another LE edition where the body panels fit and are lined up properly !

A) First year run.

B) Bet its the same across S550's (aside from the clear coat).
Old 12/25/14, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco

A) First year run.

I wouldn't doubt that at all.. Which is another reason to stay away from those first year production runs
Old 12/25/14, 01:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
Wow! That is bad. I cannot believe Ford QC approved that car for release.
My '10 Taurus had some significant fitment issues... both inside and out. Sadly, I see many out there (10-current) in parking lots with the same exterior problems I had 5 years ago.

Also took my '08 Fusion in because the tail light housing was very, very noticeably wrong. Ford body shop man said there's no adjustment. I suggested he walk across the street and bring the GM back to tell me that. And miraculously, there was a fix. Probably took 5 minutes. Same kind of thing on a couple things I had done on the Taurus... it was an incredible bother to the people involved.

To be fair, it's not just Ford. I had to adjust both the hood and trunk on my Challenger, and the rear hatch on wife's Nissan Rogue.
Old 12/25/14, 01:57 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Man they all fit like that. That's just how the cars are made.

All four stangs I've owned had the same fitment issues. My CS had a 44k+ sticker on it as well so I feel you on that.

However, Don't let it keep your from enjoying the car.

P.s the paint sag is unacceptable.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 12/25/14 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12/25/14, 01:59 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
That is disappointing. For sure take it to the dealer and get Deysha involved. Try to keep your emotions out of it though, you'll get farther with honey...you know the saying
A Few months ago I would have agreed with you Patrick.
Old 12/25/14, 02:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
A Few months ago I would have agreed with you Patrick.
Well...yeah...okay typically*
Old 12/25/14, 02:09 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have some panel issues on my 15 as well. The front off the hood doesn't match flush with the fenders, and the drivers door isn't flush with the fender either. I'm sure when I go in for my first service it should be an adjustment. As far as the paint goes I think they'll have to repaint the whole panel. There is now way in hell I would let it go. As much as these cars cost. I know it's not a $100,000 car but you should still expect the car to be built properly.
Old 12/25/14, 02:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A) First year run.

I have to disagree. My '15 EB is flawless, and believe me I have tried to find things wrong with it. All the shut lines are perfect. Not a thing wrong with panel fit or the paint.

Funny, the salesman asked me why I was buying a first year run, since I normally wait a year or two. My answer..I was hoping Ford got it right the first time since this was a completely new model. There is stiff competition out there now with those other brands and the last thing Ford needs is problems with the first year run.

Also, my 2013 SHO was flawless, except for the paint around all the hinges. You could see the white undercoat where the black spray missed..every one! But that was it. 99.9% of the people would never even notice. But we do and we complain.
Old 12/25/14, 02:17 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by BlueBellThunder
As far as the paint goes I think they'll have to repaint the whole panel. .
If it is in the clear coat - which has been my experience - they should be able to work it out without reshooting. Yes - it will "buff out".
Old 12/25/14, 04:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
All you guys expecting cars that are hand built, to have better fit and finish, clearly haven't worked on high end cars. Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos, may have well stitched leather and interiors, but their exteriors are just as bad if not worse.
The following users liked this post:
harley_the_husky (4/24/19)
Old 12/25/14, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it is in the clear coat - which has been my experience - they should be able to work it out without reshooting. Yes - it will "buff out".
If it is in the clear coat, I may let them have a go at it, but I will not let them re-shoot. I can always put a small decal over it. lol
Old 12/25/14, 04:43 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by stang1
If it is in the clear coat, I may let them have a go at it, but I will not let them re-shoot. I can always put a small decal over it. lol
btw, Congrats on #589!
Old 12/25/14, 05:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
The hood alignment situation might have something to do with the hood latch being positioned a bit too low, drawing the edges of the hood up higher. It visually can appear misaligned with the gasket at the hood's edge in front. The latch can be positioned higher, eliminating the issue. As far as the paint line, I agree that can be buffed to reduce the bulk.

You should be ok to have your service department take care of these.
Old 12/25/14, 06:57 PM

Besides, your car is also under full warranty, so let Deysha know what's going on with your car and she'll work with your dealership to get everything straighten out for you !
Old 12/25/14, 09:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I know many others have already said this, but we should expect better than that. I'd also echo you should let the dealer look at it and fix the issues.
Old 12/25/14, 10:03 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
To be honest with you OP, thats just Ford and its the way it goes. Same thing with GM, Chrysler etc. American cars arent exactly quality pieces regardless of what people want to believe. The reason European cars are so expensive is because of the build quality and fit and finish among other things. Check the panel gaps on a Mercedes, they will be within 1mm tolerance of each other. If its more than that, they dont leave the factory
Old 12/26/14, 06:55 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by stang1
I guess because it was at night and I was so thrilled to finally get my long awaited 2015, I did not think to take the time to really completely go over this car. The next day after going over the body I have found enough that makes me not even want this thing. The front of the hood has a space of less than 1/4 inch in the middle but increases to over 3/8 inch as it approaches the outsides. The panels that come together behind the rear wheels do not match up at all, worst of all there appears to be some kind of wrinkle in the one panel corner that looks like a paint run that was overlooked. There are many things that are indeed great about this car, I just would have thought that as a Limited Edition 2015 Mustang more care would have gone into the quality of the fit and finish of the body.
Originally Posted by BlueBellThunder
I have some panel issues on my 15 as well. The front off the hood doesn't match flush with the fenders, and the drivers door isn't flush with the fender either. I'm sure when I go in for my first service it should be an adjustment. As far as the paint goes I think they'll have to repaint the whole panel. There is now way in hell I would let it go. As much as these cars cost. I know it's not a $100,000 car but you should still expect the car to be built properly.
Let get these kinks ironed out for you guys. Please make appointments with your selling dealers and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime numbers.

Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
I would still send Deysha a PM and ask her to look at this thread. She needs to apprise Ford of this problem and escalate it. This is not good PR for a new model.
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Alan ! definitely get Deysha involved, as she will get everything straighten out for you.. As Ford should at the very least, do an exchange for you..
Thank you for the mention and support, guys!

Deysha
Old 12/26/14, 08:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Concerning the hood issue -- I had the same exact hood alignment issue. I fixed it by lowering the rubber bumpers that the hood rests on 1 1/2turns down. They are located at each end of the radiator support - it's a simple twist to adjust them - now it's perfect!

I understand after paying $40+ it is reasonable to expect this to be done prior to taking delivery by either final assembly or by the dealer but it is a very minor issue. If you are not comfortable doing yourself I am sure the dealer would be happy to help.

Quick Reply: My Limited Edition body panels don't fit well.