Limited Edition 50th

50th Anniversary Limited Edition Mustang-Canada Question

Search this Thread

Old 12/20/14, 07:02 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Remford;6879848]Canada has received 125 allocations, each of which is assigned to an individual dealer. Given the relative market sizes, Canada is receiving an extraordinarily large number. Ford has not built more than one for any Canadian dealer.

I suggest that the 125 allocations for Canada if anything is on the low side. Canada typically gets somewhere around 10% of the total Ford production and that was certainly the case with the 2012 and 2013 Boss 302 cars where Canada got 9.9% of all Boss cars built for the 2012 and 2013 model years and that percentage includes the 2013 LS models that were not available to the Canadian market.

That being the case the 125 cars that will be sent to Canada is certainly not close to 10% of the 1964 units built for this LE Anniversary model therefore the allocation is certainly on the low side and sits at just over 6% of the total build.

The transport covers, however, are terrific. Why Ford doesn't also offer a version of them for sale is inexplicable. Then again, Ford seems to be having a big enough challenge merely completing what it claimed would be the very first cars built some four-plus months on even without car covers to worry about.

Not sure why you suggest a person would want to buy a version of a transport cover? They are certainly an okay cover for transportation purposes but certainly don't do any justice to a custom fitting car cover. The transport covers come in 2 pieces, don't cover the windshield, passenger side glass or wheels/tires and have a long zipper on the drivers side. Certainly adequate for transport but nothing more.

Optional covers Ford once shipped with each car like GT500 for example which it then would have shipped directly to selling dealers' parts department, presumably to prevent loss or theft in transit, don't exist for the Limited Edition 50th cars.

Optional car covers for the new generation Boss cars were shipped with the car and not to the dealers parts departments so theft or loss was not an issue. I agree that car covers for the 2015 LE Mustangs should have been an option but understand they may be available very soon for this car.

I wonder who said "Yes" to trick lovers (whose individual replacement cost exceeds $1,000 US), but nixed Reverse Sensors as something owners of the product's most expensive trim wouldn't value. It's not like Ford couldn't have simply raised the price accordingly without affecting one iota of demand. But I digress. But I digress.

Regardless of the reverse sensors not in the car I certainly appreciate the backup camera in my car.

Any reference to a Smoker's Package is likely a remnant of a fleet or export option code that wasn't listed as excluded for Canada like Engine Block Heaters for the Caribbean. None of the 125 Canadian cars have shipped with the Smoker's Package as a selected option. Nor have any of the 50 cars shipped to Mexico. But a handful of markets DID receive cars with Smoker's Packages like Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S Virgin Islands and even Africa.

Just after I ordered my U.S. car I sat down with a Canadian dealer and ordered a Canadian model and he confirmed with Ford that option 63B was available on this car even though I did not order this package. Possibly we got some bad information?

Last edited by PP0001; 12/21/14 at 04:56 AM.
Old 5/1/15, 06:18 PM

AN answer to your question

[QUOTE=PP0001;6824018]Can anyone confirm how many of the 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Mustangs will be sent to Canada?

Also, any idea how many of these vehicles will be sent to each province?

according to the salesman yesterday when we bought ours was that only 200 were allotted for Canada unless you custom order it. There were reportedly only 4 left so we went to a second Ford dealer the next day and he rapped off about 10 of them so we bought one so happy. Hope this helps oh yeah the first salesman told us they were only sent to SVT dealers and high volume sales dealers.
Old 5/1/15, 07:30 PM
V6 Member

125 to Canada in total. No Canadian dealer received more than 1.
Old 5/1/15, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Remford
125 to Canada in total. No Canadian dealer received more than 1.
just relaying what the sales guy told us on Wednesday
Old 5/1/15, 07:42 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by cptcrunch67
just relaying what the sales guy told us on Wednesday
He is incorrect.
Old 2/14/16, 09:00 PM

Very good reading about the 2015, 50 Year Limited Edition for Canada. Following my inquiry last week, I was able to get some production numbers from Ford Canada I was looking for which relates to the two colors. From a total production of 1964, 597 (30%)were Kona Blue and 1367 (70%)were Wimbledon White.

From what I can read from BOOMER, Canada was allocated 125, (119 to be sold).
Of the 125, can someone help me to get how many are Kona Blue and also how many are Wimbledon White ?
Thanks BOOMER for the info.
Old 2/15/16, 05:13 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Stang_LE_Fan
Of the 125, can someone help me to get how many are Kona Blue and also how many are Wimbledon White ?
91 WW - 67MT/24AT
34 KB - 18MT/16AT
Old 2/15/16, 02:41 PM

Thank you for the information, really appreciated.