GT

Premium Package Leather Seats

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/15, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Premium Package Leather Seats

Ladies and Gents,

I feel as though every time I post its something to do with vehicle repair/defects...I would like to first state I love my 2015 Mustang. However I am a stickler when it comes to details and my sharp eye cannot help but pickup on things.

I have the premium package leather seats...the car has 1500km on it so far and iv noticed indents in the driver seat already, causing the leather to be loose and frumpy. I can feel the cushion below the leather and it almost feels as though someone placed their knee into the cushion and it wont fully refill like the rest of the cushion. I am by no means large or skinny...I am your average person who doesn't sit with anything in his back pockets. I looked back at photographs of the interior I took when I bought it and saw that the leather was just starting to become "loose" and has gotten progressively worse to this point (pictures below). The passenger seat has barely been used and on the backrest right side the cushion or fabric underneath can visibly be seen almost appearing like a wave or bunched under the leather.

I looked online and saw a few others that have had similar issues. Is this normal wear and tear for these types of seats? Nikki from FordServiceCA has addressed a few of my concerns and I should hear from the dealership soon...just want to be a little more educated before speaking to them.

Anything helps!

Keane

PS The winter here in Halifax, Nova Scotia really...really sucked!
Attached Thumbnails Premium Package Leather Seats-img_4097-1-.jpg  
Old 3/29/15, 06:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AceMaverick
Ladies and Gents, I feel as though every time I post its something to do with vehicle repair/defects...I would like to first state I love my 2015 Mustang. However I am a stickler when it comes to details and my sharp eye cannot help but pickup on things. I have the premium package leather seats...the car has 1500km on it so far and iv noticed indents in the driver seat already, causing the leather to be loose and frumpy. I can feel the cushion below the leather and it almost feels as though someone placed their knee into the cushion and it wont fully refill like the rest of the cushion. I am by no means large or skinny...I am your average person who doesn't sit with anything in his back pockets. I looked back at photographs of the interior I took when I bought it and saw that the leather was just starting to become "loose" and has gotten progressively worse to this point (pictures below). The passenger seat has barely been used and on the backrest right side the cushion or fabric underneath can visibly be seen almost appearing like a wave or bunched under the leather. I looked online and saw a few others that have had similar issues. Is this normal wear and tear for these types of seats? Nikki from FordServiceCA has addressed a few of my concerns and I should hear from the dealership soon...just want to be a little more educated before speaking to them. Anything helps! Keane PS The winter here in Halifax, Nova Scotia really...really sucked!
Sulfur deteriorates foam. You sure you didn't let a few ones rip ?
Old 3/29/15, 06:40 PM

More than you can imagine haha!
Old 4/8/15, 07:53 AM

Yep, mine are also a little loose but not as much as your car. I'm a little concerned about the leather and how it will wear. I can't imagine this was the intention so did they just put a few sloppy seats together??
Old 4/8/15, 08:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
To me it almost looks like it doesn't have enough material under the leather to keep the shape it should. You know to put it commonly not enough "stuffing"? But I don't have a 15 so I can't directly compare. The only comparison I can make is with the leather in my 05. Still in good shape but not a daily driver.
Old 4/8/15, 07:56 PM

I have a 15 gt and ordered the Recaro seats and they look incredible. It's my daily driver and are very glad I went with them. I have noticed they don't wear as much as the premium leather I had in my 11 GT.
Old 4/11/15, 04:37 PM

I'll keep everyone posted here. So far the dealership has attempted to fix them without ordering anything but was not able to fix the above issue in the picture. They took pictures of my seats and sent them up and have advised me they most likely will have new seat covers ordered in.

I feel as though your right, the "stuffing" underneath is the issue. I can fill dips underneath the leather which is where the leather is all bunched. The passenger seat has a full cushion that fills back up appropriately after being compressed and the leather still is tight.
Old 4/11/15, 04:59 PM

I'll keep everyone posted here. So far the dealership has attempted to fix them without ordering anything but was not able to fix the above issue in the picture. They took pictures of my seats and sent them up and have advised me they most likely will have new seat covers ordered in.

I feel as though your right, the "stuffing" underneath is the issue. I can fill dips underneath the leather which is where the leather is all bunched. The passenger seat has a full cushion that fills back up appropriately after being compressed and the leather still is tight.
Is this the Premier Trim Package seat ($395), which I have ordered on my Mustang, or the "regular" seat in Saddle? The Premier Package seat appears to have an "extra" line of stitching, like those on the 50th Anniversary Package, on the seat bottoms and backs. A little hard to tell from the Ford "Build Your Own Site."
Old 4/11/15, 05:07 PM

Mine are the regular seat in saddle! It seems to be an issue with the padding/cushion underneath the leather.
Old 4/11/15, 06:25 PM
V6 Member

Mine are the regular seat in saddle! It seems to be an issue with the padding/cushion underneath the leather.
Had the same problem with Toyota Limited; to which they responded" there is not a design flaw or a build flaw in the seats, so therefore we cannot do anything about it". $200 out of pocket to get extra padding(foam) put under both front seat covers and problem solved. Ford's probably not going to be of any help.
Old 4/13/15, 12:48 PM

Just wanted to update you guys! My dealership called me today and Ford recommend both seats be replaced under warranty. The seats have been ordered! Thanks Ford!!!
Old 4/13/15, 08:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
It will happen again. Ford seats are cheap crap. The foam they use under the seat covers is worthless. Went through the same thing with my 06 and my 13. Ford replaced the seats in both the first time then said it was "not defective" the second time when it reoccurred in both cars.
Old 4/14/15, 07:45 AM

Just wanted to update you guys! My dealership called me today and Ford recommend both seats be replaced under warranty. The seats have been ordered! Thanks Ford!!!
Thanks Ace! Glad things are headed in a good direction for you,, please update. I put some 80K on my other two mustangs and was pleased for the most part with the leather. I hope Ford can help as my leather looks a little sketchy.