GT

2015 Mustang GT premium leather seat issue

Old 9/25/15, 09:19 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 Mustang GT premium leather seat issue

This subject could be deemed trivial but to me its an important issue.
I took my car to a professional window tint and he also specializes In custom upholstery. He was working on my windows and pointed towards me and motioned for me to come to the car and he said come here I want to show you something. He pointed to the right rear passenger seat and right where a persons butt would sit the leather strip that surrounds the seat or call it a cord there was strips of white where the leather had come off. its very small area and it looks like leather has pealed off the little chord that surrounds the seat about 2 to 3 "" long. You see small white patches of white where leather(black) is missing. The window tinting guy said "I am not a ford guy at all but I love your mustang but he said but see this leather strip breaking up? That's why I am not a ford man". He continued to say that's not a excessive wear or a person sitting damage, he said the leather is stripping off that braid. I went to my dealer wed. and he took pics and sent them to whomever makes warranty claim decisions and today Friday he called and said Hey! They say its your fault. Its wear or where a heavy person has sat and caused the leather to break off!!!! I got pissed...... NO ONE in the 6 mos. I have had the car has sat back there except my granddaughters who weigh 60 lbs. at most when I pick them up at school. No ONE.... I have no reason to lie about a stupid thing like that. The bodyshop mgr. insulted me and the way he commented saying this is what ford said! Like I lied about what happened causing the seat to peal. If ford does not address this issue I am done with ford!!!!!!!!! Never again. Its a small matter of replacing the rear seat. Also I don't know if this is normal but on the left and right side of the rear seat is a little opening like this ( ) and it may belong there. does anyone else have this opening in their seats. Right at the small of the back where it rest. none the less I am a reasonable person but when I am treated like I am a liar to avoid a small expense to replace rear seat I am insulted. I am going to stop payments until issue is addressed. I don't care if I am late and t affects my credit, I'll get someones attention.
Here is another big issue, Its a lease car and I bet when its turned in immaculate as my cars are they will say the seat is worn excessive and try to charge me. NO WAY!!!!!!! I will pay a portion of the rear seat replacement even tho it should be warranty...... My son works at ford and I am going to ask him to say something to his plant manager.. Get some action.
Lastly the body shop guy is an ***. Instead of respecting a customer and say sir" I'll talk to them and do everything I can to assist, instead he says Its ur fault they say, you shouldn't of put someone in the back seat. My granddaughters are small and light and NO ONE else has been in the back seat. I also treat my car like its gold. To have ford and the bodyshop guy insult me is tooooo much. Resolve or no more fords for me!
Old 9/25/15, 09:22 PM
GT Member

My older sons and grandsons laugh because they say hey! Let me drive your car and I say "NO".. The only people in my car is my granddaughters and I'll take pics of them to show how small they are. my family will tell you guys NO ONE gets in my car but them???
Old 9/26/15, 06:11 AM
GT Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I am sorry to hear that... Have you tried a different dealer or maybe contact one of the customer service rep's here on the forum??
Old 11/29/15, 05:30 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How did this turn out? Not to bring up bad memories. Does it say you shouldn't put people in the back seat somewhere in the manuals?
Old 11/29/15, 05:59 PM
GT Member

Very upset with ford's responce. They dumped on me. During conversation with upper appeals person her explanation was, the lining around seat is a very light material. I said oh! So your saying it's a cheap material or substandard, she said oh, no !! Said something heavy must have been placed on seat. I said I sat NOTHING heavy in that seat. I said I am 230 lbs. Does this mean I shouldn't be driving in my seat since I am heave. It's a dump and I'll remember this in 3 yrs. My salesman had me come to dealership for a guy who does interior repairs for customers each thurs. The guy looked at my seat and said he's never seen anything like it. The way it broke or split off. None the less, he repaired for 30 dollars, hardly noticible. Very angry with ford..... I REMIND FORD, WHEN IN 2008 THE ECONOMY COLLAPSED AND FORD REFUSED GOV. MONEY THEY MADE IT ON THEIR OWN..... BUT THEY BETTER GET OFF EGO TRIP AND REALIZE IT WAS CUSTOMERS THAT SUPPORTED THEM OTHERWISE THEY WOULD HAVE FALLEN WITH OTHERS CAR MANUFS. FORD SEEMS TO FORGET THIS....
Old 12/7/15, 09:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Just my opinion but I think the only reason Ford made it without loans is that they had already been restructuring 3-4 years earlier; new CEO, selling, layoff's and closures which gave them cash.

As most with legit non-common defects on their vehicles have found, using Ford's customer complaint gets you nowhere. $50 grand to you is something hard earned, $50 grand to them is nothing to their salaries.
Old 12/15/15, 03:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lime GT
Just my opinion but I think the only reason Ford made it without loans is that they had already been restructuring 3-4 years earlier; new CEO, selling, layoff's and closures which gave them cash.

As most with legit non-common defects on their vehicles have found, using Ford's customer complaint gets you nowhere. $50 grand to you is something hard earned, $50 grand to them is nothing to their salaries.
so what you are saying is, Ford's exec's were being prudent businessmen/women and they, through tough decisions, made it possible to get through the hard times, without a gov hand-out?
Old 12/15/15, 10:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Garbone
so what you are saying is, Ford's exec's were being prudent businessmen/women and they, through tough decisions, made it possible to get through the hard times, without a gov hand-out?
All I'm saying is "I feel" they already had a restructure plan in progress when the economy collapsed and they probably decided to stick to it instead of borrowing on offered loans.
Old 12/15/15, 10:50 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Ken - sad story, sorry for your troubles. I, too have a recent warranty repair issue with Ford, in which I am losing
(TMS thread - https://themustangsource.com/forums/...overed-539656/).
I, too, will never buy another Ford product if they don't make my problem right. You build a product, you sell the product, you service the product. Now STAND BY YOUR PRODUCT, FoMoCo. What a disgraceful story. I hope you get made whole, somehow. Good luck.
Old 1/10/16, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trade it in!

Just suck it up and trade it in for a 2016, which makes it Ford's problem. Or suck it up and keep it, because nobody sits in the back seat anyway. Just saying.
Old 1/13/16, 06:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
so a bigo dude sat in your back seat = how big?? = no big dude will fit in the back seat
Old 1/28/16, 06:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
The backseat is one reason why I stuck with a 14.

Last edited by Blown CS; 1/28/16 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11/27/19, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont mean to bring up a really old thread, but just my thoughts. You said your car was at the window tint place and he pointed it out to you, maybe he was the one who caused it by climbing around in your back seat to tint the window and try to pass the blame to ford.as he didnt wanna cover the cost himself?
Old 6/17/20, 07:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Was skimming posts and saw this. I am actually getting my driver side seat cover replaced, under warranty. When I got my car, one of my must NOT haves was leather seats. Well, I ended up getting one. And sure enough, they started to wear. I'm pretty sure the exact thing this post is talking about is what has happened to mine. The dealer took photos, talked to corporate, and as far as I know, they said it was cover under warranty, as long as there are no signs of deliberate damage after they remove it.

But even after 5 months of owning the car, I started to notice that barrel was getting worn. And then after 2 years, it's completely gone. It's probably about 1 1/2 inch section of it.

So if you've had this issue, and is still under warranty, Ford should cover a replacement.