Ecoboost

Weird acceleration noise from dash vent

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/15, 03:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird acceleration noise from dash vent

I attached a video I took this evening. I'm getting a weird buzz/rattle noise when I accelerate. I don't seem to hear it just revving in neutral but it may just be drowned out by the engine noise at that point. Anyone have any ideas what that may be? I have an appointment with Ford Tuesday. I've only had the car a week so hopefully it's nothing too bad.

Old 5/3/15, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After driving some today, i'm thinking maybe its just the direct injection system that's making that noise. I'd have to hear inside another ecoboost to confirm but it's going to ford tuesday so they can confirm
Old 5/5/15, 08:35 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I read somewhere, maybe this forum. that Ford designed some sort of way to pipe engine sound into the passenger compartment. Maybe that's what you are hearing.

While on the subject, I noticed on the engine hood underside at the dealer last week looking at a GT Premium Fastback, a wire with protective sleeve running up from the frame and attached to the underside edge of hood. From that point it makes a 90 degree turn and runs under the hood pad towards the center. Could that be a microphone wire for the engine sound to interior sound effect? Anyone know what that wire goes to on the hood? Ford parts does NOT show the wire on any parts diagrams there.

The wire attachment point to the hood is in the way of an MRT Hood strut/bracket kit I bought for my car now in transit to the dealer.
Old 5/7/15, 11:59 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The wire, actually a rubber hose encased in a plastic sleeve to protect it, is the windshield washer hose that apparently runs to two squirter outlets on the underside of the hood by the inverted v creases in the hood. On top of the hood there are no visible outlet so I did not believe it was the washer hose until a pressurized hood strut mfr. told me what it was.