Ecoboost

Steeda Tri-Ax Race Throw Shifter Review

Old 2/11/16, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steeda Tri-Ax Race Throw Shifter Review

Tonight I just installed and wanted to add a bit of input about the EcoBoost version of the Tri-Ax Race Short Throw Shifter by Steeda.

First and foremost, I gotta say that each component of this shifter was perfectly machined. These are pretty beautiful-looking pieces and my only regret is that it has to remain hidden under the console.

After "throwing" it on you can't help but notice that it's worlds apart from the stock shifter. The sloppiness and clunkiness of the stock shifter are gone and shifts are much more precise. Also, the 1" decrease in height coupled with the 30% shorter throws makes for some aggressive power shifting and it's just super fun to drive.

What I like about the Steeda shifter that sets it apart from some of the others on the market is the option to change the resistance level of the springs. I went with the high-resistance springs for that true racecar feel. I also appreciate that the Steeda shifter allows me to retain the factory reverse lockout and the fact that this shifter is lighter than others on the market is good too.

I know that people have talked about how the shifter can be a little louder than stock, but I honestly haven't noticed. Probably couldn't hear it over my catback and music anyhow.

All in all, I'm really happy with this purchase.
Attached Images     
Old 2/11/16, 07:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Tonight I just installed and wanted to add a bit of input about the EcoBoost version of the Tri-Ax Race Short Throw Shifter by Steeda.

First and foremost, I gotta say that each component of this shifter was perfectly machined. These are pretty beautiful-looking pieces and my only regret is that it has to remain hidden under the console.

After "throwing" it on you can't help but notice that it's worlds apart from the stock shifter. The sloppiness and clunkiness of the stock shifter are gone and shifts are much more precise. Also, the 1" decrease in height coupled with the 30% shorter throws makes for some aggressive power shifting and it's just super fun to drive.

What I like about the Steeda shifter that sets it apart from some of the others on the market is the option to change the resistance level of the springs. I went with the high-resistance springs for that true racecar feel. I also appreciate that the Steeda shifter allows me to retain the factory reverse lockout and the fact that this shifter is lighter than others on the market is good too.

I know that people have talked about how the shifter can be a little louder than stock, but I honestly haven't noticed. Probably couldn't hear it over my catback and music anyhow.

All in all, I'm really happy with this purchase.
Attached Images
Happy to hear & we sincerely appreciate your feedback & review.

We are very happy with how the Steeda Tri-Ax shifter turned out ... not only from an upgrade standpoint but also with the manufacturing process - the end result is something spectacular!

Best Regards,

TJ

Last edited by tj@steeda; 2/11/16 at 07:22 PM.