Ecoboost Mods

What are your guys favorite mods?
Old 3/12/15, 01:52 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
wonder where all the ecoboost owners are hanging out
Old 3/12/15, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will start it off 2015 Ecoboost Gaurd Green 1. Limo Tint all around 2. LED conversion Kit DIOD Dynamics. 3. AFE Cold Air Intake 4. Roush Exhaust 5. MAP Catless Downpipe 6. Turbo Smart Blow off Valve 7. Steeda Throttle Body Spacer. 8. Debating on what Tuner to use, any suggestions?

Ecoboost Mods-image-3943203859.jpg

Last edited by JAD212; 3/12/15 at 07:23 PM.
Old 3/12/15, 11:32 PM
GT Member

I'm gonna run a couple tanks of fuel to get some base line figures.

Major mod plans are:
1) Airaid MXP Series Cold Air Intake
2) Catback Exhaust
one of these two
a) MAPerformance
b) Ford Racing By Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System 2-1/4"

After that I'll see where things sit and will decide then if I need/want a Tune.

Thinking I might add some 1) MRT Hood Struts, 2) Quarter Window Louvers (if I can ever find some for the 2015), 3) Rear Window Louver.

I like the stock wheels, but maybe I'll look at some new ones, if I ever have "extra" money.

Last edited by hschade; 3/12/15 at 11:34 PM.
Old 3/13/15, 12:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Engine swap as a good mod lol.
Old 8/22/16, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by JAD212
I will start it off 2015 Ecoboost Gaurd Green 1. Limo Tint all around 2. LED conversion Kit DIOD Dynamics. 3. AFE Cold Air Intake 4. Roush Exhaust 5. MAP Catless Downpipe 6. Turbo Smart Blow off Valve 7. Steeda Throttle Body Spacer. 8. Debating on what Tuner to use, any suggestions?

Attachment 169411
Did you install the DIOD light kit yourself or did u have it done professionally? If so how much did it run you?
Old 8/22/16, 09:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm gonna start with steeda tune and steeda CAI. A catless down pipe not sure which one I wanna go with. I'm undecided on exhaust but I'm really liking the magnaflow competition.
Old 1/14/17, 02:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just bought and I am about to install the catback MBRP Race exhaust system. The next modification will be an intercooler (probably the Extreme Turbo Systems intercooler) and a tuner. In regards to the tuner, I am between the Borla XR-1 and Accessport V3.

Is there any advise, or are there any thoughts on the choise of the tuner that will be successfully combined with the above modifications?

I like the XR-1 choise because it's very easily installed and it's hiden under the hood, so it doesn't take any space in the cabin. On the other hand, Accessport V3 is custamizable and it starts to build a brand name amongst EcoBoost owners and suppliers. Another concern that I have with the Accessport is the fact that I will have to remove it every time I park the car to a place where there is a risk that it might be stollen, whereas there is no need to remove the XR-1. I lean towards the XR-1, but I do not know how it will perform with the modifications that I am about to do.
Old 1/14/17, 02:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Right now I have a throttle body spacer and an intake manifold spacer installed. I need to install the oil separator catch can that's gathering dust at the moment.

When the weather warms up I plan on putting on 20" wheels, maybe staggered, plus catback exhaust, CAI, tune, and carbon fiber driveshaft. I'd like a carbon fiber hood too.
Old 1/15/17, 05:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
We offer a nice selection of parts for the EcoBoost ... we were finalizing our tune for the EcoBoost Mustang - need to see where we are at in that process.

I will keep you updated.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 1/15/17, 06:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
So what gains are EcoBoost owners seeing out of their modded set-ups?
I keep thinking that instead of buying the (supposedly) economic engine and modding it to put out V8-levels of power, at which point they stop being so economical, these people should've just bought the V8 to begin with. Which would automatically give you one thing a 4-cylinder engine will never be able to provide: V8 sound.
And then I hear of engine failures, not covered under warranty of course, since the engines are modded so the warranty is voided.
Which makes me wonder again, why not just buy the V8?
Old 1/16/17, 09:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Personally, I'm not modding for more power, but for better economy, so the 4 banger makes more sense for me. I also like that it's lighter and better balanced; handling is more important to me than wild acceleration.
Old 2/8/17, 11:58 PM

I installed the MBRP Race exhaust system a couple of days ago. Great sound - my Stang now growls! IMHO this is one of the best (if not the best) exhaust systems out there for the EcoBoost. On idle the sound is deep and when you simply "touch" the throttle you can hear a low growl coming out of the car. When you go WOT, it gets wild! But this is what you want, isn't it? Definitely love the sound, it's a different car - a head turner!

Below I post a YouTube video that I made. I have to tell you though, in reality the MBRPs sound significantly better than on video (not only mine, but any video that I have seen on YouTube).

The following users liked this post:
Sarge (2/9/17)
Old 2/9/17, 06:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for that, makissig. I'm thinking about the MBRP street exhaust. I need something a little quieter than yours. Did you put yours in yourself?
Old 2/9/17, 07:56 AM

No Sarge. I had them installed at the dealer. I did not want to take the risk of doing it on my own. Also I am now 100% certain that the installation of the new exhaust system will not void the warranty - at least that's what they told me. And they did a perfect job. They said that they were so easy to install, everything was straight forward.

Go for the street if you like something quieter, but man, I have to tell you, they are fantastic! I love the growl of the race version!
Old 12/20/17, 01:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey guys, check out some S550 interior goodies:
www.custommods.tictail.com
Old 12/27/17, 07:21 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
I keep thinking that instead of buying the (supposedly) economic engine and modding it to put out V8-levels of power, at which point they stop being so economical, these people should've just bought the V8 to begin with. Which would automatically give you one thing a 4-cylinder engine will never be able to provide: V8 sound.
And then I hear of engine failures, not covered under warranty of course, since the engines are modded so the warranty is voided.
Hey Gabe, I have to respectfully disagree with your logic. (Except for sound, you're on the money there)

If I were to apply it to your situation I guess I could say the same thing: Why didn't you just buy the GT500? You're dropped thousands of dollars on a supercharger + tuning + a bunch of supporting mods + other stuff and yet your wife's older gen GT500 is still putting down more power.

What I'm trying to say is we're all here because we love the power and performance of the different flavors of Mustangs. If I had a civic I would be modding it too. That's the main beauty of these cars. They are modifiable as can be. And we all want a little more. More power, more turning G's, more fuel economy when we're not mashing the pedal, more tire, more boost etc.

Peace!

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 12/27/17 at 07:22 PM.
Sarge (12/27/17)
Old 4/4/18, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have CAI, 3"CATLess downpipe with 3"Y to factory 2 1/4 duel, Ford Performance tune. The tune adds a lot from 5Kto 6500 RPM. I feel it was worth it for the money.
Old 4/6/18, 04:57 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
What are you guys 0 to 60 times? Just wondering
Old 4/6/18, 07:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gabe
Gabe, I bought the ecoboost because its my daily driver, I cover 3 states for my job and 90% of my driving is by myself. A modded 4 still gets 25+ MPG a blast to drive Now I bought mine used and got a screaming deal on it, I also have a 66 Coupe, 70 Fastback, and a 64 Galaxie all with V8s. I modded mine because I can and wanted a little more when I do get on it. Everyone has a different situation and reason for their car, I hear from everyone why did you buy a rear wheel drive car and you live in MN for a daily driver? Because I can and I have been driving rear drive cars for 35 years and its not a boring *** hybird!!
Sarge (4/6/18)

Quick Reply: Ecoboost Mods