Ecoboost

Best replacement air filter

Search this Thread

Old 7/28/15, 08:37 PM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Best replacement air filter

For my 2015 Ecoboost, I've been reading about performance replacement air filters vs cold air intakes.
Any thoughts? What are the best replacement filters for the stock air intake?
Old 7/29/15, 09:21 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am installing the Steeda Cold Air Intake in my Ecoboost on Saturday. I have already installed their Strut Tower Brace and noticed an improvement in the handling.
Old 8/1/15, 02:17 PM
GT Member

I did my Steeda Cold Air Intake install last night. I am a noob when it comes to doing things with my car, so keep in mind with my installation comments. The installation was harder than I expected. It required a lot of work to get the tube installed and in position. My 58 year old back is feeling it today as it was not easy to get the tube in the gaskets and the PVC and boost bypass tube inserts in position so they could be connected.

I just had a short time on the road. I turned my radio off and you can hear when the engine is sucking in the air while accelerating. Today I was able to push it a little bit harder and noticed a slightly better acceleration while passing. There was too much traffic to really try it out. I live near were the Bobbi Kristina Brown funeral was held, so lots of traffic and cops. Tomorrow I hope to be able to get it under full acceleration on a freeway ramp to see what it can do.
Old 8/2/15, 05:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
I did my Steeda Cold Air Intake install last night. I am a noob when it comes to doing things with my car, so keep in mind with my installation comments. The installation was harder than I expected. It required a lot of work to get the tube installed and in position. My 58 year old back is feeling it today as it was not easy to get the tube in the gaskets and the PVC and boost bypass tube inserts in position so they could be connected.

I just had a short time on the road. I turned my radio off and you can hear when the engine is sucking in the air while accelerating. Today I was able to push it a little bit harder and noticed a slightly better acceleration while passing. There was too much traffic to really try it out. I live near were the Bobbi Kristina Brown funeral was held, so lots of traffic and cops. Tomorrow I hope to be able to get it under full acceleration on a freeway ramp to see what it can do.
So far so good!! A couple days of spirited driving will help with the back

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 8/5/15, 10:56 AM
GT Member

A quick update. I have not had a chance to accelerate really hard yet to see the difference, but I am seeing a difference in another area. My daily drive to / from work is 3 miles each way. So my I expect my gas mileage to be low as a rule. Since installing the Steeda Cold Air Intake the my average gas mileage on the dash display has gone from 15.6 to 16.3, doing only the 3 mile drives. And I will admit I have been doing my turns a little faster this week just for fun. So it looks like there is an improvement in gas mileage with more cold air being pumped in.
Old 8/18/15, 10:39 AM
GT Member

Time to update. This past weekend I had a few instances were I felt my Mustang was a bit quicker with the cold air intake. A couple times I was entering a freeway that the ramp had two lanes. Each time there was a car in front of me and I was able to accelerate by them like they were standing still. And this was without putting my foot to the floor. Also I was cruising at 70 way before I needed to merge into the traffic.

Also a couple times while on the freeway, I got behind someone that was slow and there was enough traffic that it was difficult to pass. But I ended up passing using openings that I would previously say there was not enough room. I could accelerate to the point that I could pass without causing anyone to slow down as I got up to speed.
Old 8/18/15, 11:02 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Was this just the CAI or did you also load a tune with it?
Old 8/18/15, 11:21 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SpectreH
Was this just the CAI or did you also load a tune with it?
I just installed Steeda's CAI.
Old 8/30/15, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't want to go full cold air intake (only enough $$ for mods!), so I picked up one of these bad boys in the meantime:

http://www.maperformance.com/2015-fo...lter-7275.html

Much better flow than stock and won't cost an arm and a leg. 2 minute install (to get the hood up!)