Ecoboost

anyone liking their eco?

Search this Thread

Old 1/1/15, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone liking their eco?

I'm thinking about getting an ECO with the PP for a daily driver. I want a fun car, but want to keep it affordable for my 3rd car. What are usual high value upgrades that might benefit that car?
Old 1/1/15, 10:02 PM

i guess the eco owners don't care much for mustang forums, lol.
Old 1/1/15, 10:08 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
or you could get a Focus ST

More practical as a DD and less $.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 1/1/15 at 10:10 PM.
Old 1/1/15, 10:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LMS007
i guess the eco owners don't care much for mustang forums, lol.
Honestly, for all the crap they get for having an Ecoboost I can't blame them.
Old 1/1/15, 11:29 PM
GT Member

I was tempted to get an Ecoboost Stang. Especially seeing Ford step up and provide a big HP boost with add ons. In the end, driving over three decades of V8 Mustangs pushed me to the GT.
I don't feel it's a cop out owing a Eco. A sporty Stang with decent fuel mileage.
Old 1/1/15, 11:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by IndustryLeech
Honestly, for all the crap they get for having an Ecoboost I can't blame them.
Agreed. The anonymity that the internet offers means that people will say things that they ordinarily wouldn't in polite company. To that end it is not uncommon on these Mustang forums for GT owners to talk down to the people that opt to buy the V6 or the ecoboost. For me personally it was a simple choice. I had a GT and I didn't want another one as a daily driver. For daily driving the V6 made more sense and I suspect the ecoboost would be equally as suitable for a daily driver Mustang, at least for me that is. I personally see no point in being critical of or ridiculing someone because they don't buy the GT car. Do the GT guys feel a little short in the crotch when they get around the GT500 or the Corvette guys? lol I encourage all ecoboost owners on this forum to go ahead and tell LMS what you think about your car. I know there are a few that post here.
Old 1/1/15, 11:51 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by LMS007
I'm thinking about getting an ECO with the PP for a daily driver. I want a fun car, but want to keep it affordable for my 3rd car. What are usual high value upgrades that might benefit that car?
More likely, we can't tell exactly what your asking. I like mine and it's basically a DD (though I work from home). As far as high value upgrades, do you mean from the factory or aftermarket?
Old 1/1/15, 11:56 PM
GT Member

This is supposed to be a 2015 Mustang forum, not a 2015 Mustang GT forum. I like hearing about Eco Stangs and can't wait to see a few stomp a GT to hush the critics.
Old 1/2/15, 06:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got an eco pp car for my daily and love it. Can't wait to put a tune on it. Although its not as fast as my other v8's it is still fun to drive
Old 1/2/15, 09:16 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see noting wrong with an EB. For me though I just love the v8 rumble. I do think however if you can't afford the extra $7,500 it costs for the GT but still want a Mustang the EB is the way to go. I think it's a better choice then the v6 because of its potential and you can get one in premium trim unlike the v6. IMHO the premium trim is well worth the extra money.
The following users liked this post:
Willieo (2/22/17)
Old 1/2/15, 09:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueBellThunder
I see noting wrong with an EB. For me though I just love the v8 rumble. I do think however if you can't afford the extra $7,500 it costs for the GT but still want a Mustang the EB is the way to go. I think it's a better choice then the v6 because of its potential and you can get one in premium trim unlike the v6. IMHO the premium trim is well worth the extra money.
The V6 just sounds so much better than the EB, to me at least. I'm very open when it comes to cars - I love everything, imports, muscle, classics, trucks, etc...but the Ford 4-cylinder engines just do not have a good exhaust note to me. Evo's, Subies, Abarth Fiats, VWs...all have good sounding turbo-4s (yes the Subie is a Flat-4, but still). All the exhausts I've heard for the Ford 2.0/2.3Ts sound too farty and raspy to me.
Old 1/2/15, 09:23 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 3point7
Agreed. The anonymity that the internet offers means that people will say things that they ordinarily wouldn't in polite company. To that end it is not uncommon on these Mustang forums for GT owners to talk down to the people that opt to buy the V6 or the ecoboost. For me personally it was a simple choice. I had a GT and I didn't want another one as a daily driver. For daily driving the V6 made more sense and I suspect the ecoboost would be equally as suitable for a daily driver Mustang, at least for me that is. I personally see no point in being critical of or ridiculing someone because they don't buy the GT car. Do the GT guys feel a little short in the crotch when they get around the GT500 or the Corvette guys? lol I encourage all ecoboost owners on this forum to go ahead and tell LMS what you think about your car. I know there are a few that post here.
Some people online can just be ********. I hate it when I see people thrashing other people's cars for whatever reason. What also kills me is v6 owners desperately wanting to get a v8 even though they admit they can't afford it. Like some young sounding kid that was asking if anyone can give him a hookup at a dealer to trade in his 2013 v6 for a GT even though he was well underwater in it. People we're advising him to just enjoy what he has until it's paid off then upgrade to a GT. The problem in today's world is instant gratification. And the kid probably only wanted a GT because of all the negativity on these boards from GT owners.
Old 1/2/15, 09:27 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
The V6 just sounds so much better than the EB, to me at least. I'm very open when it comes to cars - I love everything, imports, muscle, classics, trucks, etc...but the Ford 4-cylinder engines just do not have a good exhaust note to me. Evo's, Subies, Abarth Fiats, VWs...all have good sounding turbo-4s (yes the Subie is a Flat-4, but still). All the exhausts I've heard for the Ford 2.0/2.3Ts sound too farty and raspy to me.
I would guess an aftermarket exhaust should fix that. BTW I think the WRX is an amazing car, I almost bought one instead of the 2015 GT. But at the end of the day the mustang just appealed to me more. If I could afford 2 cars I would definitely get a WRX.
Old 1/2/15, 10:27 AM
GT Member

Each engine has a distinctive sound. All of them sound sweet when wound to near the red line!
Just get one and enjoy it. Just like this guy. Skip to 3:08 for his first ever full throttle run in an Eco. Sounds great to me. He has several videos about his new Mustang Ecoboost.

Old 1/2/15, 10:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by BlueBellThunder
I would guess an aftermarket exhaust should fix that. BTW I think the WRX is an amazing car, I almost bought one instead of the 2015 GT. But at the end of the day the mustang just appealed to me more. If I could afford 2 cars I would definitely get a WRX.
I agree. I have a few friends that have STIs and I love them too. I'm really wanting a hatchback STI lately! I wouldn't trade my car for it, but it would be nice to have both. Give me those two cars and a 4WD V8 Sport Trac and I'd be perfectly happy with that lineup in my driveway!
Old 1/2/15, 11:12 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've (mostly) always had V8's. But, the Turbo is a lot of fun around town - and once the tuners and aftermarket fully catch-up there's going to be some amazing numbers. Heck, with just a tune you can get to the 12's. I think it's Livernois that already had the EB in the 11s with very minor things done to it.

I wasn't too worried about the price difference between a V8 and a EB. I could have gotten either, but the EB is a better bang for the buck long-term IMO. I'm not going to get hung up on V8 vs non V8.

As far as sound, I am never going to get a car simply because it sounds good, but I do love a V8 rumble. My '04 Mach 1 with full Borla cat-back sounded the best of any car I had. I understand that my EB won't sound that way and would rather keep it on the quiet side, until I can hear something in person. The FR-Touring Borla Catbacks sound good in videos, but I need to hear it in person first.

There is definitely going to be an EB somewhere that sooner or later is going to surprise a GT. It just won't sound like that V8 - but who cares? A lot of supercars don't sound like that either.

(Side note, the whole V8 or nothing crowd has always amused me, especially when they've bought an Automatic GT. Not that an auto is bad; it's not. Simply the fact they're all for choices when it fits their ideals and will defend the choice when others call them on it. Pick that car that works for you that you'll enjoy long-term: V6, V8, or EB; Stick or Auto).
Old 1/2/15, 11:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I definitely respect the power and potential of the EB cars. I would never snub my nose at that. I just wish it sounded more refined or unique. I agree, the Borla Touring did sound decent though...
Old 1/2/15, 11:50 AM
V6 Member

I have a EB w/ PP as a daily driver and love it. The torque is ridiculous, horsepower is there and I'm getting 27 mpg mixed city/hwy. I love this car.
Old 1/2/15, 12:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the notion that if you're wanting a fun to drive, gas-friendly, and versatile vehicle, look towards the Focus ST instead of an EcoBoost Mustang.

My first car was an SVT Focus and it was by far one of the most fun vehicles I've driven. If it had a turbo, I'd probably have bought another one. Well.. idk, I like my current mustang. lol
Old 1/2/15, 12:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Krohn
I like the notion that if you're wanting a fun to drive, gas-friendly, and versatile vehicle, look towards the Focus ST instead of an EcoBoost Mustang. My first car was an SVT Focus and it was by far one of the most fun vehicles I've driven. If it had a turbo, I'd probably have bought another one. Well.. idk, I like my current mustang. lol
Agreed. I almost got one instead of my 2014 GT. Sometimes I wish I did, for practicality reasons.

Quick Reply: anyone liking their eco?