Ecoboost

anyone liking their eco?

Search this Thread

Old 3/10/15, 07:00 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
I highly doubt there will be anyone that buys one that does not like it and if they do dislike they will not tell us. That would just be silly
Well I dislike...

How I have to SLAM the trunk, and hood, to get it to close, and latch.
The doors close a little heavier than expected, but that was easy to get used to.

Otherwise, still LOVING it 700+ miles (3 weeks) since I purchased her.
Old 3/10/15, 05:45 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Originally Posted by hschade
Well I dislike... How I have to SLAM the trunk, and hood, to get it to close, and latch.
Lol I had to do the same thing with the one I test drove and thought it seemed excessive! :-)
Old 3/10/15, 06:14 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The trunk is the worst. I mean I hate, hate how it closes. I have a few other nitpicks, but overall I love it.
Old 3/12/15, 09:05 AM

Love mine! Current mods done: Roush exhaust with MAP performance Catless Down Pipe (strong deep turbo sound), AFE cold air intake turbo smart blow off valve on order back ordered until April first! Limo tint all around! Now the debate as I let my car break in (Cobb or Bama tuning) anyone liking their eco?-image-2517990424.jpg

Last edited by JAD212; 3/12/15 at 09:13 AM.
Old 3/23/15, 02:33 PM

Got the EB with PP back in November, only issue is the brake squeal, which is being addressed. For daily use, I think the EB is great, just enough power to get into trouble.
Old 4/28/16, 06:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you get your brake issue corrected? I have a 2015 Eco Boost with a squeal in the rear right side wheel and the dealer has had it twice to no avail. Thanks
Old 6/19/16, 05:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New 2016 Ecoboost owner

I got the base Ecoboost with the Pony Package with the 19 inch wheels, black roof.... The base model is loaded and the PP to me is a waste of money. For s base car this car is rich in quality and amenities.
Old 6/19/16, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by crperry
I got the base Ecoboost with the Pony Package with the 19 inch wheels, black roof.... The base model is loaded and the PP to me is a waste of money. For s base car this car is rich in quality and amenities.
Old 7/26/16, 05:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With my 71st birthday looming, I thought I would do part of my bucket list. With my brand new 2016 Oxford White EcoBoost with PP. The stateside part of the list is driving all over the country. So I packed up and went on a 14,000 mile, 45 day trip. I had lists of places I wanted to see. And roads I wanted to drive. All I needed was a copilot/navigator. I put the question to my wife’s little sister and she accepted (I’m a Widower). With her youngest daughter in college, She’s a freebird . And readily accepted the challenge as my navigator. I had my oil changed at my local Dealer (free) 5-20 semi syn with 728 miles on the car. Drove to upstate NY and picked up my sis. First stage of the trip 27.6 mpg. 1060 miles. Two days later we were on our way to Maine. Got to Maine and pigged out on sea food. Drove up to Cadillac Mountain, in Acadia National Park, it’s the Highest Mountain on the East Coast. Did some Hiking. Next day drove out to Niagara Falls, did the speed limits 65 & 70 mph, and got an impressive 31.5 mpg. On to the R&R Hall of Fame in Cleveland, got the obligatory T shirts. On to Dallas, TX to see my brother Jack, and go to his daughters graduation from Texas Tech, as well as pig out for a week. While in Dallas I visited Big Worm Graphics. I got their 8.5” OTT blue stripes; I also added Red pinstripes which made it pop ($420.00). Looks great on my Oxford White EcoBoost. Fielded compliments on the car for the rest of the trip. One of the highlights of that second leg was the long road down the side of a Mountain into Sedona, AZ. Some of sharpest curves I’ve ever seen. The EB with PP just ate up the road. Sedona was everything my friends told me, and more than I expected. Las Vegas was a blast. We took pics of ourselves in front of the white chapel and texted them to everyone in the family. Didn’t answer texts for two days and drove the family crazy LOL. At Las Vegas my avg mpg had come down to 27.3 very nice, considering after Cleveland we never did the speed limit again. On to Hollywood and vine. Ehhhh. My copilot wanted to see the stars. She did. On to Fishermen’s Wharf, San Frisco. We ate some good sea food. Got some *****ty caricatures. To this point the EcoBoost was flawless 27.3 mpg the oil level was the same as when I left the dealership. Leaving San Francisco I was stoked to drive 101 North to the Seattle Needle. Talk about high speed thrills I met up with two 13 and a 14 GT, a Camaro, and a Charger all new cars. The Camaro was at the head of the pack for a while. This Oriental kid with a 14 v6 pulled ahead and passed the Camaro, followed by the rest of us. The Charger couldn’t take the heat and fell back LOL. OK so now were all driving over our heads down this Mountain road, when I notice a mini van coming up behind us. WTF He catches up with us goes through us in about six curves. And that was the last we saw of him. A few of us got off the road to fuel up and he instantly became a legend. Got to Seattle and was getting 27.3 mpg. This car is impressive for a 35K car. By the time we got back to Florida we had 11,000 miles on the oil. Dropped it out took a sample for Blackstone and replaced it with Mobil 1 EP. Then my brother called and said he missed us so we went to Orlando for a week.
Brought my s.i.l home, and in the end I have 14,732 highway miles 27.2 mpg for entire trip... I don’t know how much I spent on gas, don’t care. Got closer to my sister in law and found out how smart she is (scary smart). And more than a little sexy….
Old 7/27/16, 09:11 AM

This is a fantastic story. Thank you for sharing.
Old 7/27/16, 09:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by hschade
Well I dislike...

How I have to SLAM the trunk, and hood, to get it to close, and latch.
The doors close a little heavier than expected, but that was easy to get used to.

Otherwise, still LOVING it 700+ miles (3 weeks) since I purchased her.
I wonder if they made it that way on purpose for better crash test results?
Old 8/4/16, 01:40 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Originally Posted by crperry
This is a fantastic story. Thank you for sharing.
Sexy sis-in-law...hmmm need pics.
Old 8/27/16, 06:29 AM

Love our ecoboost!

I bought my wife a 2015 Mustang Eco-boost (50th Anniv. Model). Had it a year now. Plenty of power, rides great, and good gas mileage (Low as 25 and high as 32).
Old 9/2/16, 03:32 PM

Ive only had my 15 EB convertible for like 2 weeks or so love the car wish it had the nice V8 sound with singing pipes,but I like milage more at my age.
Old 9/2/16, 04:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Great story lastsumurai. I've been on that switch back road from Flagstaff to Sedona AZ. Great scenery!
Old 9/6/16, 08:43 AM

We love ours! Had it a year now with no problems. Runs, rides, and handles great. Interstate travel have measured 32 MPG. Local driving 25 to 26 MPG. Turns a lot of heads and get a lot of nice compliments on the car. Color is Magnetic with the 50th Anniversary package.
Old 4/10/17, 02:19 PM

I love my 2016 ECO

Originally Posted by LMS007
I'm thinking about getting an ECO with the PP for a daily driver. I want a fun car, but want to keep it affordable for my 3rd car. What are usual high value upgrades that might benefit that car?
It's only been two months, but I do love that acceleration and performance. But when you want a nice quiet car to enjoy, ECO gives you that as well.

Last edited by fzito; 4/10/17 at 02:22 PM.
Old 4/10/17, 07:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
I've had mine for 5 months and 5000 winter miles, and I like it a lot. I expect I'll like it even better when I finally get the snow tires off and drive it in the summer, like God intended.
Old 7/6/17, 11:11 AM

Yes I am!!

ive only had it about two weeks as my new DD but I'm loving it so far. No mods yet but I'm definitely looking to do something to the exhaust and add some kinda me of wrap onto it to make it stand out a bit. I got it because I wanted good MPG in a cool car, so GT folks can make fun all they want since I don't give a ****. I got exactly what I wanted for the price I wanted and the car drives and looks fantastic.

A buddy of mine took his ECO to Rouche and it's now putting out 650+ HP so there is that option LOL
Old 7/6/17, 12:37 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Originally Posted by ThomFoolery
ive only had it about two weeks as my new DD but I'm loving it so far. No mods yet but I'm definitely looking to do something to the exhaust and add some kinda me of wrap onto it to make it stand out a bit. I got it because I wanted good MPG in a cool car, so GT folks can make fun all they want since I don't give a ****. I got exactly what I wanted for the price I wanted and the car drives and looks fantastic.

A buddy of mine took his ECO to Rouche and it's now putting out 650+ HP so there is that option LOL
I-4 or V-8, it's still a nice car. And all that really matters is that you like it.