V6

No start due to PCM

Search this Thread

Old 2/12/17, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No start due to PCM

My 2016 V6 has had more issues than any other car I've owned, which really ticks me off because I love driving this car. Worst one was when the throttle body puked while I was passing a truck going uphill on the New York Thruway. Exciting times when you find you suddenly have no power in the left lane and there isn't a left hand shoulder. I've also had several leaks and a control arm fail. Fortunately, my dealer is a :bend over backwards to help" kind of guy (Village Ford in Dorchester Ontario). Same can't be said for the dealer in Albany who went out of their way to not be helpful. BTW, Ford Roadside Assistance are the best example of why you want AAA/CAA. When I called due to the breakdown on the NEW YORK Thruway, they told me they couldn't help and gave me the phone number for the MASSACHUSETTS State Police. Also, after 3 calls, someone figured out that I was supposed to be calling the Canadian roadside assistance despite being in the U.S.

So, to my current issue. The other day, the battery was dead. Called and got the car boosted, drove it for a few hours. everything is tickety boo. Next morning, battery is dead. So, it has to have a draw somewhere. Roadside comes to start the car, turns over, won't start. Now it's tow time. After it being at the shop overnight, i go to pick it up and they can't tell me what the problem is. They tracked the draw to fuse #22 which is for the PCM. The PCM controls 9 modules but after they removed the fuse to check for a short, everything reset and it works fine. The scanner doesn't identify which module had caused the draw. SO, we have to wait till it fails again. Lovely. And when is that going to be? More importantly, where will that happen?

So, does anyone know which modules are controlled by the PCM? Every internet search I've done is inconclusive regardless of what parameters I put in.