Notices
Ruby Red

Getting Stripes on my new vert - looking for suggestions.

Old 4/23/13, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting Stripes on my new vert - looking for suggestions.

Not sure where to put this thread. I put it in the new user intro section but if this is like most forums nobody ever looks there. So sorry if I am violating any policies but thought this might be the best place after looking around.

Hey everyone I am proud new owner of a 2013 stang ruby red GT prem. We are getting stripes put on it and we are trying to decide which of these stripes we want to go with. Thinking 10" or 12" with a 1 1/4 gap.

I used photoshop and the car customizer to make these rude picture. Since you always have to think resale value any you hate or any you really love. I'm thinking 10" stripes with 1 1/4 pin stripes. The side will have "Mustang GT" with some stripes. I'm looking to make our new car stand out but not be too gaudy if that makes sense. As expected my wife and I disagree with the which one to get. However, I could live with any of them.

Thougths, suggestions or any opinons?

Old 4/23/13, 07:34 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
First off, welcome. I would get 10 inch stripes i think they look the best by a long shot. As far as the customizer pics u linked i really like the grey stripes
Old 4/23/13, 08:12 AM

That one is currently in 4th place with the family vote. My DW and I like that one but it scares me a little if it does not come out right. However, if we did got that route then we could easily go with a grey for the stripe on the side and the "Mustang GT".
Old 4/23/13, 08:23 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by bearcatrunner
That one is currently in 4th place with the family vote. My DW and I like that one but it scares me a little if it does not come out right. However, if we did got that route then we could easily go with a grey for the stripe on the side and the "Mustang GT".
I think the grey just looks classic. I wouldn't do a pin stripe around it but if that's what you want then maybe do like a sterling grey stripe with an ingot silver pin stripe
Old 4/23/13, 08:47 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's some pics of my ruby red: https://themustangsource.com/f788/ru...519094/index3/ (scroll down after clicking)

or you can go to my album in my profile. I have 10" 1 1/4 space.
Old 4/23/13, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Shhhh
Here's some pics of my ruby red: https://themustangsource.com/f788/ru...519094/index3/ (scroll down after clicking)

Yeah I like yours alot. That is where I got the idea of 10" with 1 1/4 space. I was hoping to get my to pop out just a little more than yours. Are those just a sort of black matted? Would you do anything different if you could do it again.

I was sort of thinking since the dealer is paying for this that I could always do the pinstripes on the outside and then if we don't like them could have them removed. is it hard to remove them with the glue or whatever that holds them down? I would do it pretty quickly if we did not like them.
Old 4/23/13, 09:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I like yours alot. That is where I got the idea of 10" with 1 1/4 space. I was hoping to get my to pop out just a little more than yours. Are those just a sort of black matted? Would you do anything different if you could do it again.

I was sort of thinking since the dealer is paying for this that I could always do the pinstripes on the outside and then if we don't like them could have them removed. is it hard to remove them with the glue or whatever that holds them down? I would do it pretty quickly if we did not like them.
Just wondering why the dealer is paying for them? Curious?!
Old 4/23/13, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Shelby Mama
Just wondering why the dealer is paying for them? Curious?!
It was my last purchasing ploy. We got down to as far as I could get him to go and then I said that I would purchase at this price if he threw in strips on the hood and on the sides. He really didn't need to though. He already had a lower price then everyone else Even a couple of dealers who had 2013's with over 5000 miles on them couldn't touch his price. I told him I wanted shelby stripes and then stripes with "Mustang GT" on the side. He was cool with it.
Old 4/23/13, 10:19 AM
GT Member

Thanks. They are gloss black not matte black because I wanted them to match the glass roof and the gloss black panel in the back. I would not do anything different if I were to do it all over again. I visualized the car finished the day I got it and I slowly work towards that vision. I personally wanted the stripes be subtle to make the red pop and people's eyes focus on the car as a whole not an individual element such as stripes.

Last edited by Shhhh; 4/23/13 at 10:23 AM.
Old 4/24/13, 06:33 AM

I agree about the stripes not popping out so much. That is why I think I am just going to go with the glossy ones vs the Matte (even though they are more expensive).

Sorry am I in the wrong place? Is this not ruby red but red candy instead? I should probably look at the sticker huh. All I know is I liked the color and was focused on price and options. Not home at the moment and the wondering how big of a knuckle head I am.

Old 4/24/13, 08:27 AM
GT Member

No worries. The color is close, and that is a beautiful car! Not sure where you live, but it looks like the weather is perfect right now for a vert.
Old 4/24/13, 08:36 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I would do matte/flat black stripes

Last edited by BA Mustang; 4/24/13 at 08:37 AM.
Old 4/25/13, 08:00 AM

Dude that is nice. I'm really struggling with Matte vs Glossy. That picture did not help. I'm still thinking gloss as I don't want the stripes to be the main focus of the car.
Old 4/25/13, 08:08 AM
Cobra R Member

Dude that is nice. I'm really struggling with Matte vs Glossy. That picture did not help. I'm still thinking gloss as I don't want the stripes to be the main focus of the car.
Matte IMO. Sure as you stated gloss might make it less of a focus but matte just looks too good I think
Old 4/25/13, 11:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was my last purchasing ploy. We got down to as far as I could get him to go and then I said that I would purchase at this price if he threw in strips on the hood and on the sides. He really didn't need to though. He already had a lower price then everyone else Even a couple of dealers who had 2013's with over 5000 miles on them couldn't touch his price. I told him I wanted shelby stripes and then stripes with "Mustang GT" on the side. He was cool with it.
Awesome deal! We are going to try to get stripes on our Shelby because of the delivery damage that occurred in shipping. Thanks for the info!
Old 4/29/13, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Shelby Mama
Awesome deal! We are going to try to get stripes on our Shelby because of the delivery damage that occurred in shipping. Thanks for the info!
Things like that the dealer can do for 1/2 the price of what I can do it for and most probably better.

I should have asked for tinted windows as well.
Old 4/29/13, 11:29 AM
GT Member

If I had your convertible I would've went matte. I only went gloss because the glass roof looks glossy. Your convertible top wont be glossy so I think matte would look really good.
Old 5/6/13, 10:01 AM
GT Member

Is NOT getting any stripes even an option? I'm sure I'm in the minority around here, but these cars look so beautifully classic without any stripes. Especially ruby red.
Old 4/21/14, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Shhhh

looks great...nice enhancement,
Old 4/21/14, 09:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Being a '13 it would be Red Candy. That is what I was going to order but Ford had just shut off orders for '13s. So I ordered a '14 in Ruby Red. Both are great colors and congrats on yours. I'm sure you will enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine.