Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

shelby gt500 kr suspension setup

Old 3/2/15, 02:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
shelby gt500 kr suspension setup

anyone using the shelby kr suspension on their cars? if so, how do you like it?

about a year ago, i bought the kr suspension setup, m23000kr, from ford racing which consisted of shocks, springs, and struts assembled on gt500 strut mounts. this replaced the brembo/track pack suspension parts on my 13 gt. i found the ride to be a little harder than stock and the height of the car to be about one inch lower. though the parts were made to handle the heavier shelby engine, i did not find the front of the car to be higher than the back. all in all, i am quite satisfied with my choice of parts, but the thought of knowing the kr parts were engineered for the shelby gt500 does give me concerns that i am using items not designed for my car. i am thinking of switching out the springs for steeda ultra lights and also going for some koni str shocks but don't know if it will be worth the expense. anyone have any thoughts? currently the car handles fine for my street driving purposes.
Old 3/2/15, 06:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Now is the time to get the Koni Shocks ... they are currently on sale & paired with the discount code for the springs ... we can save you even more on the combo.

http://www.steeda.com/koni/

The Steeda springs & Koni Shocks have been a tremendous combo ... you will be happy with them.

If you would like to send me your contact info ... I can have one of our suspension experts reach out to you & get you to your goal of a "less harder" than current set-up.

You can p.m. me or reach me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 3/2/15, 08:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by edw794
anyone using the shelby kr suspension on their cars? if so, how do you like it?

about a year ago, i bought the kr suspension setup, m23000kr, from ford racing which consisted of shocks, springs, and struts assembled on gt500 strut mounts. this replaced the brembo/track pack suspension parts on my 13 gt. i found the ride to be a little harder than stock and the height of the car to be about one inch lower. though the parts were made to handle the heavier shelby engine, i did not find the front of the car to be higher than the back. all in all, i am quite satisfied with my choice of parts, but the thought of knowing the kr parts were engineered for the shelby gt500 does give me concerns that i am using items not designed for my car. i am thinking of switching out the springs for steeda ultra lights and also going for some koni str shocks but don't know if it will be worth the expense. anyone have any thoughts? currently the car handles fine for my street driving purposes.
I have the KR. I like it. it is my 4th suspension setup. I had Steeda Sports with Koni's Orange (too harsh), i had Vogtlands with Koni's Orange(ways to harsh), i had the Steeda Sports with GT500 shocks (better but still too harsh), i had the H&R OE Sports with Koni FSD (great comfort, but the FSD's loose their ability pretty quick - known issue) and finally the KR setup. That's exactly how i like it. However, i will swap that later this year for the Damptronic's, just for the adjust-ability. The Damptronic in comfort mode handle very similar to the KR setup.

LEXiiON

LEXiiON
Old 3/2/15, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curious... let me know what you need for the used kr set.
Old 3/3/15, 07:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Ok you got me, never heard of damptronic, who are they made for/by and why are they so relatively unheard of?
Old 3/3/15, 08:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang259
Ok you got me, never heard of damptronic, who are they made for/by and why are they so relatively unheard of?
2013 GT500 with the SVTPP have them. You need to do a whole lot of monkeying to get them running, including a 2013GT500 PCM and the VDM Module to control...But I am doing all the supporting stuff anyways, so why not just add them...

OE Ford part so to say...

LEXiiON
Old 3/3/15, 01:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks, sounds like a lot of work but you will have a unique set up which is very cool.
Old 3/4/15, 02:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

besides the kr struts, shocks, and springs, i also have steeda lca, steeda adj panhard bar, and steeda adj front and rear sway bars. i had these parts installed before the kr parts and with the stock brembo/track pack suspension, the car rode pretty hard already. the kr parts just made the car ride harder. but if i do change to the steeda ultra springs and koni shocks, the car may ride too soft for me, so i'll probably just keep the current set up unless something changes my mind.

thanks for the replies.
Old 3/6/15, 03:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Steeda Stage 3 coil overs. Choose the springs, street-track-comp, and they come with the double adjustable QA1 shocks.