Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Is the ford racing adjustable suspension package worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/15, 09:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

When the time comes to upgrade the track pack suspension shoul I go with the ford racing adjustable suspension package or get coil overs?
Old 7/5/15, 12:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I think that's a question only you can answer. That said, for me it would come down to how much track time my car will see. If you plan spending allot of time at the track, coil overs. I bought coil overs once but never ran the car enough or took the time to figure out what setting worked best where. If you won't take advantage of the full adjustability, I'd just do adjustable shocks, like the koni sports. I went with the koni sports and love the flexibility to set it for daily driving and stiffen it up for a canyon run.
Old 7/5/15, 08:38 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Good question. I have a 14' GT TP car, and I'll be upgrading suspension next year.

That said I think I'll go a different direction and get Steeda springs (1" front, 1.25" rear drop springs), sway bars and Koni Yellow adjustable dampers. They are more affordable than FR products, and they have rave reviews.

You only need coil overs if you plan on frequently changing ride height, and unless you're a pro driver than can tune suspension for the given track, it's overkill.

I track my car 2-4 times per year, and I see no need for coil overs. Adjustable rebound with stiffer springs/sways is what it takes to make these cars handle like track cars.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 7/5/15 at 08:40 PM.
Old 7/5/15, 08:44 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
I have the ground control suspension system and I have adjusted my ride height about once a year depending on wheels/tires. I do adjust my konis more frequently, depending on the kind of trip i'm taking. The system cost a few bucks so like the others have stated, is the cost worth it to you?
Old 7/6/15, 05:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by trackpack13gt
When the time comes to upgrade the track pack suspension shoul I go with the ford racing adjustable suspension package or get coil overs?
2014 GT Track Pack. Currently running Steeda Sport Springs, Streeda HD strut mounts, Koni Yellows, Steeda billet LCA's, Steeda PHB and Brace. The car is on rails. Wheel hop is gone. Ride quality is better than stock ironically. Just gotta do the Steeda sways and UCA to complete things. If it means anything my buddy with a 2013 Boss 302 wants to change to my setup.
Old 7/6/15, 09:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by imeyers302
2014 GT Track Pack. Currently running Steeda Sport Springs, Streeda HD strut mounts, Koni Yellows, Steeda billet LCA's, Steeda PHB and Brace. The car is on rails. Wheel hop is gone. Ride quality is better than stock ironically. Just gotta do the Steeda sways and UCA to complete things. If it means anything my buddy with a 2013 Boss 302 wants to change to my setup.
I have the almost the same set up as you except I don't have the pan hard bar brace and I have the white line sway bars and steeda torque box brace. I have to agree the ride and handling is vastly improved. I would recommend keeping your uca and picking up the sways. An aftermarket uca can induce noise and if your wheel hop is gone, you probably won't notice any improvement.