Deep Impact Blue

2013 DEEP IMPACT BLUE GT, Track named "The Mistress"

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/12, 05:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 DEEP IMPACT BLUE GT, Track named "The Mistress"

of Hockenheimring tourist driving days.tures of Hockenheimring tour

Hey everyone this is my first actual post about my 2013 DIB GT Track that I just bought. I'm thoroughly loving the car for obvious reasons but most of all is it's exactly what I would've done to a stock GT without spending a ton more money. I'm sure at some point I will be spending some money making "improvements" to stuff but I don't really feel like I'm wanting more from her. I haven't had a car that was exactly what I wanted for about 6 years or so. Once I sold my 1960 VW Bug before I left for Afghanistan in 06 I haven't been satisfied with the vehicles I have had. I have had Euro's for the last couple of years and a Kia for 4.5 years before that. I went from that to a BMW Z4, which was really fun, but had to trade that in for "Logistical reasons". I then had a 2010 Mercedes Benz C300 "Sport". I had that for a little over a year and it was even a 6 speed manual which you don't ever see. Then the bug hit me and I wanted an American Muscle Car. A little proding from my loving wife and here I am. My wife even named her "The Mistress", which stuck, because I spend quite a bit of time rubbing buffing, and romping her good every chance I get when it's not my woman anyway. She's definately the other woman in my life. Alright.....on to some pictures. I will keep this thread open for the life of her which I foresee as a very long time.

PHOTO ALBUM DIRECT LINK

https://www.flickr.com/photos/118114776@N08/albums

of Hockenheimring tourist driving days.tures of Hockenheimring tourist driving d

Thanks for the time to look at my post. I hope to have some better pictures up once I get the time to take them. Happy driving....

Steve
Old 7/24/12, 06:10 PM
BB3
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fantastic looking car Steve. It's beautiful !!
You enjoy the heck out of "her" now, you hear ?-----Bill
Old 7/24/12, 07:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Every day I do it to it....okay getting wierd here. Thanks for the compliments.
Old 7/24/12, 07:32 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steve, I can relate. I am hoping to take delivery of my 2013 GT DIB within the next two weeks. I also got the muscle car bug after driving Euro cars for the past several years and decided to order a car to my specs for the first time in my life. I knew I wanted a Mustang. Anyway, congrats on the beautiful car! Enjoy her!
Old 7/24/12, 07:34 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 7/24/12, 07:38 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I love that color...
Old 7/24/12, 07:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats!!
Old 7/24/12, 08:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by lalayla
I love that color...

I do too. All the pictures in all the new literature don't do this color justice. When the sun hits it it's amazing.
Old 7/24/12, 08:29 PM
V6 Member

Congrats

Looks and sounds very familiar. I've had all sorts of cars. A Jeep, pickup, a handful of Z Cars, an RX7, an e30 and most recently a mkV GTI. I have no idea what took me so long to come around to American muscle but I'm glad I found this car.
Old 7/24/12, 08:41 PM
V6 Member

Looks great!!! My DIB GT TRACK PACK was scheduled to be built....hope to be seeing her in the next few days!
Old 7/24/12, 08:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I love this car. I'm sure you will too once it come in and you get your foot into the skinny pedal. The color kind of changes in different light.
Old 7/24/12, 08:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm heading to Germany at the beginning of next year. The good....I will be not too far away from the Nurburgring so I think a new GoPro is in order before I get there. The bad....It will still be winter so I will most likely get a beater once I get there to get around till the roads are better. Even still I'm sure there won't be many brand new Mustang GT's driving around. I'm an attention ***** I guess. When I was about to purchase her I told the salesman that I was going to Germany next year and he gave me this look like he knew what I was up to. Then he told me that I can probably sell my car to a German local for 15-20K more than what I paid for it. My response was that I finally got what I really wanted and why would I give it to someone else. I'm guessing within the first month driving around I will get an offer to sell it. Any takers on that wager?
Old 7/24/12, 09:02 PM
Cobra Member

Nice car, and color choice!
Old 7/25/12, 02:23 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I have gotten tons of compliments on it wherever I go already.
Old 7/25/12, 04:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the DIB club. Any plans for her? GT500 axle back sounds real nice.
Old 7/25/12, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
Hey everyone this is my first actual post about my 2013 DIB GT Track that I just bought. I'm thoroughly loving the car for obvious reasons but most of all is it's exactly what I would've done to a stock GT without spending a ton more money. I'm sure at some point I will be spending some money making "improvements" to stuff but I don't really feel like I'm wanting more from her. I haven't had a car that was exactly what I wanted for about 6 years or so. Once I sold my 1960 VW Bug before I left for Afghanistan in 06 I haven't been satisfied with the vehicles I have had. I have had Euro's for the last couple of years and a Kia for 4.5 years before that. I went from that to a BMW Z4, which was really fun, but had to trade that in for "Logistical reasons". I then had a 2010 Mercedes Benz C300 "Sport". I had that for a little over a year and it was even a 6 speed manual which you don't ever see. Then the bug hit me and I wanted an American Muscle Car. A little proding from my loving wife and here I am. My wife even named her "The Mistress", which stuck, because I spend quite a bit of time rubbing buffing, and romping her good every chance I get when it's not my woman anyway. She's definately the other woman in my life. Alright.....on to some pictures. I will keep this thread open for the life of her which I foresee as a very long time.

Thanks for the time to look at my post. I hope to have some better pictures up once I get the time to take them. Happy driving....

Steve
Stevedotmil,

Welcome to TMS & Congratulations on the 13', They are amazing machines! Great choice in color as well!

Our 13' Gotta have it green continues to impress us everyday!

I recommend throwing an CAI & Tune on that beast, it really wakes her up.

You'll find a ton of great reads & meet a lot of great people.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of any assistance!

- Dan
Old 7/26/12, 06:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I just did a couple little cosmetic things that were kind of bugging me to the rear of her last night and took some better pictures.

I tinted the rear lower red reflectors in the lower portion on the bumper and the rear red side marker lamps. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the front yellow ones out of the bumper assembly so I can tint those too. I used VHT Night shades and then waxed the crap out of them to help with the wear of the actual tint paint. They last longer that way.

Last edited by Stevedotmil; 7/27/12 at 07:21 AM.
Old 7/27/12, 06:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

So I smacked some sort of feathered creature on the way to work this morning. Not very large but left some blood and feathers on the front lower bumper. No damage to report....I was walking out to get some coffee and was like.....WTF?!
Old 7/27/12, 07:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice ride! My last two cars were Euro and I also decided to try out an American muscle car. No regrets whatsoever, totally love this car.
Old 7/27/12, 09:31 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

It's a little funny that I used to drive a Euro in America and next year I will be driving American in Europe.

Quick Reply: 2013 DEEP IMPACT BLUE GT, Track named "The Mistress"